Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    New MMOs are bad because of 2 reasons:
    1. Laziness. Call it however you want: lack of budget, lack of time, lack of care, etc
    2. "We're doing it right". Not the 1st time an MMO dev company strayed away from the successful pattern because they thought their idea of game features were better than the already beaten path, and failed because it turned out they really weren't doing it better at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Lockdown View Post
    New MMOs are bad because of 2 reasons:
    1. Laziness. Call it however you want: lack of budget, lack of time, lack of care, etc
    2. "We're doing it right". Not the 1st time an MMO dev company strayed away from the successful pattern because they thought their idea of game features were better than the already beaten path, and failed because it turned out they really weren't doing it better at all.
    its actually not that cheap and easy to make a very good mmo-game, and thus many things get set off as "lazyness" and "bad design-decisions" when in fact it was just beyond the capabilities of the game-studio, to do any better than what they did.

talent is something that not everybody has and not all game-studios do have talented people in every aspect of the designprocess. remember, they are basically ordinary people like you and me, are you a total badass-expert in your job?

and the community whos constantly bashing the studio for every single little slip up, thats also something that not everybody can handle.
    blizzard has tons of experience in dealing with this, because they make online games since it was possible to do so.
    Last edited by Ghul; 2014-05-29 at 05:27 PM.

WoW seems to be going backwards in my opinion. They were releasing content at a decent rate during MoP, then suddenly they stop releasing stuff. The game is getting old and stale and without frequent updates. I've been enjoying marvel heroes and can't wait to try raiding in that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played EVE for awhile, and also a Pirates MMO.

After I stopped playing those, I really felt I had wasted my game time, game time where I could have been doing something in WOW that I could keep. I play WOW for Achievements, that is what is important to me. So I do get to keep everything I do in an expansion, as an Achievement.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

After I accepted that all of my video game "time" and "investment" will one day disappear, I was ok with leaving WoW. I mean WoW will end one day (probably sooner rather than later), and all peoples mounts, titles, etc will disappear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think it is both, We have so much time invested in WoW & rather not start over in another MMO. But also the other MMO has so many problems or doesn't have the Quality of Life changes WoW has. Sometimes the MMO is bad, but people are so bent on trying to find something better than WoW (Which can only be based on opinion not fact).

That people hype up new MMOs & than they don't seem to be as great as others hoped after release, we have seen this happen multiple times. Some really expect this new MMO to come out & pull everyone from WoW to this New MMO & than when it doesn't, people abandon it thinking it failed yet it never really did. Just the interest in the game is so small compared to WoW.

Really most MMOs that have come are good, but they do have a reputation of dying out after release & small niche communities sticking around while those communities become so hostile towards WoW players & maybe that is a reason why people leave them & come back to WoW. Many people would love to have multiple MMOs to play, but their are people out their that just have this hostility for WoW players thinking their better people for not playing WoW.

But really I feel after awhile though those communities become really chill & the people who plagued those communities eventually leave & wait for the next MMO, so they can strike again & hope that their dream comes true. I see the same thing happening with Wildstar. At first the community will be so hostile to anyone who is a WoW player or other MMOs players. But eventually the community will shed of those toxic people & the game will withhold a respectful niche community. Like GW2, SWTOR & FF14.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2014-05-29 at 06:39 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I enjoy gw2 much more then wow, mostly because it makes you play with less people.