Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Blizzard thinks its player base is full of idiots.

"What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay."

As a tank death knight, I never knew when to use blood boil or rune strike. thank you based blizzard. Now I don't have to think. I'd actually prefer if I could just bring my rotation down to hitting the "1" key so if you guys could help out some more that would be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the overwhelming evidence, to believe that WoW is filled with anything but idiots would make you kinda blind - or, more likely, they aren't appealing to you but rather the super casual player that fills up most of their subs. You know, the group they want to cater to.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post
    "What abilities and spells got cut is a very, very difficult question to answer. Every ability is vital to someone, so we don't take this process lightly. We hope that even if we cut your favorite ability, you can see it in the context of our larger goals. It's important to remember that the point of these changes is to increase players' ability to understand the game, not to reduce depth of gameplay."

As a tank death knight, I never knew when to use blood boil or rune strike. thank you based blizzard. Now I don't have to think. I'd actually prefer if I could just bring my rotation down to hitting the "1" key so if you guys could help out some more that would be great.
    Did you ever think Blizzard isn't referring to you? Maybe they are referring the friend you recruited to the game who thinks getting 5 abilities everytime you level from 1-80 is a bit insane and doesn't help with someone trying to learn the game?

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Considering the overwhelming evidence, to believe that WoW is filled with anything but idiots would make you ignorant.
    Also this, hate to be a douche, but I have been in enough Cata Pre-Nerf Dungeons and Mists of Pandaria LFR to understand what Pally is trying to say here

I think you're stretching it a bit far.
    Also realize not every single one of the millions of players know the ins and outs of every class, if you stuck me on a blood DK, it would take me a bit to realize what moves to use when.

It helps to use the appropriate "its" in your title to your thread when making the argument that you are not an idiot.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-25 at 09:18 PM.

Blizzard thinks that because it's true for the most part, i don't think you know how many terrible players actually play WoW these days. What may seem simple enough for you, is rather complex for a huge number of players on the other hand.

The irony of the subject: "Blizzard thinks it's player base is full of idiots."

Maybe Blizzard is correct?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-05-25 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you made a thread named "Blizzard thinks it's player base is full of idiots", they might be onto something.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-05-26 at 07:32 PM.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

Quote Originally Posted by getupkid55 View Post
    The irony of the subject: "Blizzard thinks it's player base is full of idiots."

Maybe Blizzard is correct?
    "Blizzard thinks it is player base..."

Yup, Blizz is correct. Stopped reading there.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-11 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    And they are right on the spot with that, whats the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well personally I AM an idiot. And I play all the classes but hunter. There are a lot of buttons I have to remember. That being said, what were you saying?

Oh yes more buttons==more better right?

Guys, maybe you should calm down and realize OP only made one spelling error, doesn't make them an idiot, and it's also pretty irrelevant to the topic. :/

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Well personally I AM an idiot. And I play all the classes but hunter. There are a lot of buttons I have to remember. That being said, what were you saying?

Oh yes more buttons==more better right?
    And I think this sums it up a bit better also. More buttons doesn't always mean more skill needed. There's still a ton of buttons anyway even with the ability pruning.

Did anyone ever think otherwise??

Blood Boil and Rune Strike are technically still there, they're just renamed. Throwing such an hissy fit for nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And I think this sums it up a bit better also. More buttons doesn't always mean more skill needed. There's still a ton of buttons anyway even with the ability pruning.
    What's easier: pressing 3 buttons or pressing 20 buttons?
    I think you will agree that pressing 20 buttons requires more skill than pressing 3 does.
    On another hand, I kinda do agree, there's no need to make it more complex just for complexity sake.

Also: It should really be spelled "Blizzard thinks their player base...", if you're gonna edit the title and all...
    Last edited by vep; 2014-05-25 at 09:22 PM.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

10+ Year Old Account
    They are correct.

"Idiots" is a lazy way of looking at it, though. It's more that Blizzard accurately realizes that the level of dedication players who discuss the game on forums possess, is absolutely nowhere near the dedication of the vast majority of players, for which WoW is just 1 game which is cute and has angry rabbits followed by Welp, bored, off to play BF4 and then go snowboarding.

On serious reflection, I'm not sure which group is actually better off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    What's easier: pressing 3 buttons or pressing 20 buttons?
    I think you will agree that pressing 20 buttons requires more skill than pressing 3 does.
    It depends on the circumstances.

Pressing 3 buttons at exactly the correct time with little margin for error is much harder than pressing 20 buttons as they light up with no real concern about the order or priority, especially while distracted by lots of other issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've fixed the title; stop being rude

Deleted
    Not to be like that, but they are kinda correct. You do not need to spend a lot of time in WoW to realise it is full of idiots.
    Not to mention a lot of young people that are not that developed that they can understand a large in-depth game.

Quote Originally Posted by IzoGray View Post

Blizzard consolidated three buttons when two are already merged thanks to a talent virtually every blood death knight takes. Blood boil + Pestilience becomes baseline, replaces heart strike. You lost *one* button, and got a new talent that actually gives you a choice in that tier (which may very well result in one new button to press.)

The removed rune strike in favor of death coil being blood's spender. Death coil, being a spell, has similar traits to rune strike (spells can't be dodged/parried/blocked) and range. Net gain: lost having to keep death coil on your bars for the off chance that you need to pull at range and had some RP sitting around.

Overall, I'm not seeing where you're losing complexity, you're just losing keybinds. Having death coil bound to a button you very very seldom use dosen't add complexity, Removing rune strike in favor of death coil instead adds transparency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    It depends on the circumstances.

Pressing 3 buttons at exactly the correct time with little margin for error is much harder than pressing 20 buttons as they light up with no real concern about the order or priority, especially while distracted by lots of other issues.
    Obviously. But then again, pressing even 5 buttons at exactly the correct time with little margin for error is much harder than pressing 3. So the statement that "more equals harder" still stands true, I'd say.