Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Achievements should truely be account wide

I'm annoyed by the fact that most achievements aren't really account wide at all. The whole feature is great for proving to random people "look, I did this shit, I got the xp" when you're on your alt looking for a group, but the main thing that has me interested in achievements are the points.

This is why I find it really annoying that the guild roster only counts the achievements earned on that specific character. In my opinion it ruins the rivalry in the guild because often the amount of points on the guild roster vastly differ from the points earned in your actual achievements tab. It also adds pressure to keep everything focussed on one character, which is exactly what Blizzard wanted to get rid off with the whole account wide thing.
    Whenever I play my alts, I actively try not to get any achievements that I still miss on my main because I know I'll have to do them all over again to really count for me.

Am I the only one with this issue? Do you think the guild roster should just show your points as they are in your achievements tab? Should everything be account level?

Never had this problem.

Only ever had 1 main.

Deleted
    I do not have this problem either, I am too lazy to farm all the rep on another character so I am "stuck" with my Shaman forever!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same boat as the other two people who replied - only ever had 1 main and that's all I've ever focused achievements on. I might have picked up a few here and there on other characters, but not much, so its not a big deal to me.

Unlike above, I do know your feelings. I've played a death knight since Wotlk launch and got everything exalted that I could (Including Insane Reps pre Cata nerf) and my DK has 19k racked up by himself and my priest (my now main) has only 8k. In game it's cool to link and when people compare they're like :OOOO but other than that in guild progress is annoying. I agree with you

Deleted
    I completely agree, once you have completed a achievement on one character, you should be able to have it on all characters.
    I somewhat agree with the reputation too, if you have taken the time to grind reputation on one character then you should have it on your others.

Well the guild roster should just use the account-wide achievement points, easy fix.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

I think achievements as well should be account wide including pvp achievements as well. Some mounts that are gladiator as nice to be used on other characters and not only to that character that just earn it. I would be nice to have one character that can use other pvp mounts when you have multiple gladiator mounts across different toons.

- - - Updated - - -

or they can do this account wide pvp mounts with previous expansions and not with current expansions if they are concern with people using this achievements, titles or mounts on the current expansion slot.

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    I think achievements as well should be account wide including pvp achievements as well. Some mounts that are gladiator as nice to be used on other characters and not only to that character that just earn it. I would be nice to have one character that can use other pvp mounts when you have multiple gladiator mounts across different toons.

- - - Updated - - -

or they can do this account wide pvp mounts with previous expansions and not with current expansions if they are concern with people using this achievements, titles or mounts on the current expansion slot.

Yes. Guild roster score counter is broken and they should fix it. Also, torture achievements like win 9999 AVs, get 99999999 vp etc should be boa on progress

Agreed on this. Once you done 1 achievement, then it should be shown on all char And imo there shouldnt be shown any names, just that it is completed on this account. that way people dont feel forced too play on 1 char, because they wanna show they done all on there main. but the truth is, many people wants too switch main once in a while. Yes you can do it, but there is these words called perfecsion and OCD :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    No. Do the achievements on one character or forever suffer the low score.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    They actually are accountwide, if you go on the armory you will see the same(ish) number on there, even in the guildroster. It's just the in-game roster that's weird like this.

Deleted
    agreed. guild roster should use accountwide achievement total

every achivement should just count one time. then people can switch main not thinking about which toon they get it on. also we wont be spammed with ahivement popup all the time in g chat. but will probably never happen -_-

I agree with the OP, it's annoying for me too as occasionally in raiding content over the years i've gotten achievements on my shammy healer rather my warrior main.

I'd settle for the guild roster to show char points (account points) at the very least but I do wonder if it's getting to be time where most stuff should be account achieves.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    They are already focusing a lot on UI and QoL improvements as it is.
    UI improvements? Did I miss something, I don't think they have touched the UI in 10 years, bar moving/changing a couple of buttons.

I only get frustrated with the counter style achieves that are not account wide. Bg's won and exalted reputations come to mind. I get the distinct feeling this is intended, or at least blizzard are saying so to disguise a technical difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    UI improvements? Did I miss something, I don't think they have touched thehe UI in 10 years, bar moving/changing a couple of buttons.

I only get frustrated with the counter style achieves that are not account wide. Bg's won and exalted reputations come to mind. I get the distinct feeling this is intended, or at least blizzard are saying so to disguise a technical difficulty.
    Probably intended. Jep another reason its annoying too switch main. but AGAIN its only cosmetic, but still quite irritating for people trying too achive perfection in the game.

It still baffles me that people are playing a role-playing game and expect things to not be character based.