View Poll Results: Based on what you've seen so far, how likely are you to return to WoW?

Voters
403. This poll is closed
  • I was going to come back regardless, I'm a regular player.

153 37.97%
  • I am interested in what I've seen and will be there at launch!

102 25.31%
  • What I've seen has soured me on this expansion.

122 30.27%
  • I wasn't playing this either way.

26 6.45%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Based on what you've seen so far, how likely are you to return to WoW?

Be interesting to see what people are thinking at this early stage.
    Last edited by Strangewayes; 2014-05-23 at 10:58 PM.

Unlikely. I liked the idea of WoD but, with no new class or race I'd be going back to the same old ones and, worse than that by far is the fact that there are so many dead servers now, with Blizzard seemingly against merging so that the servers seem as populated as they were way back when, it just feels depressing (running around a ghost world).

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No flying=no playing, for me.

glad all the bads are quitting who are qqing over no flying, they clearly never played when you couldnt fly over everything, fukin cata babies, i was goin to play wod regardless, mop was a piece of shit expansion so i quit for a year in my first 10 years of playin da gaem

Still subbed and never been more excited about the patch details before
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Might try it for a month. Not too impressed though.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    In other words, see you on launch day! We all know you drama queens will be there regardless of your crying over a minor feature not being implemented on ONE continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    In other words, see you on launch day
    Of Wildstar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    In other words, see you on launch day! We all know you drama queens will be there regardless of your crying over a minor feature not being implemented on ONE continent.
    the ONE continent that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    glad all the bads are quitting who are qqing over no flying, they clearly never played when you couldnt fly over everything, fukin cata babies, i was goin to play wod regardless, mop was a piece of shit expansion so i quit for a year in my first 10 years of playin da gaem
    played since release, no flying would be one of my reasons to not buy WoD. glad i already stopped playing
    Last edited by mmoc0fd79c8fc0; 2014-05-24 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of Wildstar.
    see me in the release of Wildstar as well.

yup this pretty much sums it up for me too. wow just cant convince me no flying will be fun or convenient. i have completely disliked the "test islands" because of stupid one shot mechanics in a sad attempt to make the world seem "dangerous". not to mention over population of time sink adds.

i just dont see it happening.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2014-05-24 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    the ONE continent that matters

played since relase, no flying would be one of my reasons to not buy WoD. glad i already stopped playing
    Yea people think flying in obsolete content still counts or something.

Cata is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    Ive played since beta and Im not buying the expasion until flying is confirmed for 6.1. I remember not being able to fly over things. Lore wise Im intrested to see how they explain why all these flying mounts all of a sudden dont want to fly. Also Im intrested to find out why after 7+ years of flying the 10 mobs in front of the quest objective all of a sudden became the most important thing to the success of wow. Its the classic case of fixing a problem that didnt exist. Suppose their grand fix to immersion will be tested by subscriber numbers. Best of luck to them.

I quit a month or so ago. I'm not coming back.

WoD seems to be coming along fine and I'm sure I would enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed any other expansion, but I'm done with WoW.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    yup this pretty much sums it up for me too. wow just cant convince me no flying will be fun or convenient. i have completely disliked the "test islands" because of stupid one shot mechanics in a sad attempt to make the world seem "dangerous". not to mention over population of time sink adds.

i just dont see it happening.
    Fully agree. And the forum bullies won't convince me otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Lore wise Im intrested to see how they explain why all these flying mounts all of a sudden dont want to fly.
    It doesn't have to have anything to do with lore. There were no lore reasons that we couldn't fly on the Sunwell isle, Tol Barad, or the Draenei and Blood Elf starting areas. No lore reasons for not being able to fly in Wintergrasp or Battlegrounds.

They don't need lore reasons for game mechanics and they've stated in the past that they won't sacrifice gameplay for lore.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The draenei are finally getting lore after 3 expansions of neglect. That's enough for me.

Never left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    It doesn't have to have anything to do with lore. There were no lore reasons that we couldn't fly on the Sunwell isle, Tol Barad, or the Draenei and Blood Elf starting areas. No lore reasons for not being able to fly in Wintergrasp or Battlegrounds.

They don't need lore reasons for game mechanics and they've stated in the past that they won't sacrifice gameplay for lore.
    Ok then what is this new game mechanic that is going to make my mounts not want to fly while in wod? ps there was lore and explinations given for all current no fly zones, lame smoke or just effort vs reward not panning out. Nonetheless they spent an entire expansion 'cata' redoing the old world to allow flying. so why now vilify such endevour?

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    Ok then what is this new game mechanic that is going to make my mounts not want to fly while in wod? ps there was lore and explinations given for all current no fly zones, lame smoke or just effort vs reward not panning out. Nonetheless they spent an entire expansion 'cata' redoing the old world to allow flying. so why now vilify such endevour?
    because it backfired and made all the content worse than it already was.