Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

I'm 18 and dating a 30 year old, how do I tell my mom?

I am an 18 year old male dating a 30 year old female. We have been in a relationship the past 2 months. As often as possible, I will go to her house and we will sleep together and hangout and just have fun. On the weekends when we both do not work, we go out on dates and such. How do I tell my mom I'm in a relationship with a 30 year old? She also has a 9 year old daughter.

Please do not think im some desperate teenager and she is some desperate 30 year old. I have shown friends pictures of her, asking them 'hey how do old do you think this girl is?' and all of their answers range from 18-23. I tell them that she is 30 and they can't believe it. They support me being with her, probably because they think she is hot. I've been in many relationships before with people my age, 2 1-year long relationships and a couple 5+ months ones here and there so I have been around my age before. She has been engaged, is a manager at a store, has her own house and car with no roommates. The sex with her is amazing, she doesnt feel any different than someone my age and we bond so well together when we do it. She said I am the best she's ever been with and she swears up and down. Only 1 other person I have had such good sex with was someone I dated for a year and was 'in love' with.

Every day we get closer and closer and things are getting extremely serious, I want her to meet my parents. How would I go about doing this?

Deleted
    Why do you have to tell your mom? Let them find out themselves when you introduce her to them.

"Mum this is Kelly, Kelly this is mum. We're dating" (Not you and your mother ofc, that'd be wrong if you and your mother were dating, so make it clear that you're dating Kelly.)

Deleted
    you tell her hunting cougars is also a thing where you live and not just in Africa

do you still live at home? (with your parents)
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-05-27 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, dont.. Because it wont last so whats the point.

I sound like an ass, but I'm just being real here.
    I like juice

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    "Mum this is Kelly, Kelly this is mum. We're dating" (Not you and your mother ofc, that'd be wrong if you and your mother were dating, so make it clear that you're dating Kelly.)
    Thank God you explained that for me, I got a bit confused!

@OP: Either just tell her or let her find out when [if] they meet, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see no problems with this. When I was 20 I briefly dated a 42 year old. You're both legal...Have a ball.

Deleted
    I'm somewhat surprised she hasn't asked where you go when you sleep around, regardless though, carefully obviously.

She'll probably view it quite cautiously, but the fact you're still dating and going strong is a testament to the seriousness of which you both view the relationship.

Broach the subject when you're both alone, and before you bring the partner over; That she has a kid adds an additional layer of difficulty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Fuck age differences. Do what you want.
    That's what I told the judge, he didn't buy it

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Obviously. But the difference here is she is 30, and you can tell she is 30. I dont want my mom to be surprised

Just introduce her. Go through dinner or whatever you want to do to introduce her and don't bring her age up, but don't shy away from it if it does because if neither of you have an issue with it what any one else thinks doesn't matter.

I fail to see the problem, if you like her, and she likes you, both are over 18 and everything is concentual. Go for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just introduce her, your mother will figure out quickly what is going on and decides whether or not she is ok with it. Umm... I would leave out the part about the kid though, that might freak the shit out of your parents

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Honestly, dont.. Because it wont last so whats the point.

I sound like an ass, but I'm just being real here.
    This. When you realize that her kid is only 9 years younger than you (a smaller difference than you and her), you'll tell yourself that it isn't right. You have a long life ahead of you, and being in a relationship with someone that has a kid, and you're only 18, - it's not worth it. There are more fish in the pond, you just have to wait patiently for the right person.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    Obviously. But the difference here is she is 30, and you can tell she is 30. I dont want my mom to be surprised
    Just sit down and talk to her. Tell her you met someone that's amazing, and things have been going great and you'd love to introduce her. Is your mum often unreasonable?

Okay, for the most part I'm just gonna talk to my mom alone about it and tell her if she doesnt like then too bad Im 18, she wont kick me out or anything because shes not like that, she will either approve or not approve.

How about the child part though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    you just have to wait patiently for the right person.
    And wait... Then wait some more, and a little more, and just a bit more, then some more...

1) She's lying to you about the sex. Which isn't to say you're not good or she isn't good, but clearly she's being "mom" and assuring you that your penis gets a gold star. Yes little Timmy, you are a real boy.

2) People introduce their dating partners to their parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Chinchillidae View Post
    And wait... Then wait some more, and a little more, and just a bit more, then some more...
    Doing it wrong, totally met the right person when I was 18! She was only 6 years older, but dad literally did not care. Told me to go enjoy myself. Maybe if he'd known I'd move to Sweden a year later he may not have said that, but hindsights a bitch innit!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    As often as possible, I will go to her house and we will sleep together and hangout and just have fun. [...] The sex with her is amazing, she doesnt feel any different than someone my age and we bond so well together when we do it. She said I am the best she's ever been with and she swears up and down.
    Yup you sound like a kid alright, with the way you feel it's necessary to detail this. Maybe tell mommy too about how well you've been able to impress a 30 year old in bed? I'm sure that will make her feel more comfortable about her age..