Updated to Windows 8.1. Now no bass

Hello.

As the title says I just updated to windows 8.1 to be able to download the 14.6 AMD driver to increase my watch_dogs performance. However, when I did this ,I seem to have lost almost all the bass. I've tried fiddeling with the sound settings, tried pressing the windows button + X, go into device manager and uninstall the realtek hd audio driver there for it to reinstall a newer one on reboot. This didnt work either (I found this tip from microsoft on their support site)
    I am starting to lose hope, but I really do not want to do a system restore just to get windows 8 back again. I should be able to use windows 8.1. I have a ASUS P8Z77-V PRO motherboard, tried dowloading the realtek audio drivers from ASUS homepage, but that doesn't work.¨

Has anyone experienced this and if so, would you kindly share how you solved the problem?

Thanks.

Have you tried messing with "Bass Redirection"?

Yeah, I tried that. Managed to download the new driver now. Seemed to sort of fix the problem. Alteast I can feel the bass now. When I wrote the post it mostly sounded like someone slapped a rock instead of actual bass.

I really appreciate the reply tho, thanks!