Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Extra X Weekend can't be something that Blizzard decides to do on a regular basis because the game doesn't operate around the weekends. Extra X Week is more in their favor because of Tuesday resets. Come time the weekend rolls around people will have already done things to cap out on valor cept maybe on alts.

ie. Raids, Dailies, Scenarios, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    It's amazing how blizzard manages to disappoint with these sort of buffs. Nothing like riding the wave since it was datamined. They really need to clarify things much sooner, it's their own fault for the backlash that will follow now. If they were just upfront about it then things would've gone much smoother. Inb4 "blizzard doesn't have to give us anything be happy for it."
    Granted im not following posts like i used to, but could you clarify this? What was originally data mined?

I'm a little confused. This seems a little as if they accidently activated this on Oceanic servers, and just decided to roll with it as if it was intended.

This doesn't seem like something that would have been tossed in a day after reset without announcement.

Is it just me that finds it odd that people are going "LOL SAME WEEKEND AS WILDSTAR ACCESS, GL TRYING TO GET US TO PLAY" when what this literally does is halve the amount of time you have to spend on the game to keep up? I mean. All of my wats. If you cared about VP, you'd want to cap, wildstar or not. This just gives those people more time to play WS than cap. If you didn't care about VP, you don't care about a buff either way. Are people really so paranoid that everything has to be happening because of nefarious reasons :<?
    Not to mention a week long buff won't matter when it's game compared to game, and it won't keep people subscribed that already planned to / unsubscriped (why would they care about VP if they didn't plan to play? "oh, VP is easier to get now, better keep my sub so I can cap VPs for... VPs?).

If they really wanted to try and keep people from switching, they'd have delayed 5.4.8 untill this / next reset, to reinvigorate progressing people / burned out players with new shinies at the same time as the other game (plus, "forcing" them to cap valors if they care about their character). Instead they did it a few weeks ago. I'd have preferred it to be later personally (as they gave no warning for us to cap our VP to be prepared), but here we are.
    Tinfoil hats, tinfoil hats for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Novistador View Post
    Granted im not following posts like i used to, but could you clarify this? What was originally data mined?
    What was originally datamined was exactly what we got. They found the data for a 100% valor buff, and people took it and ran with it, and assumed that we'd be able to cap at double speeds for the rest of the expansion because of... Reasons, clearly. Same goes with the Black Prince quest items, a buff was datamined for the droprates, and people instantly assumed that they'd implement it as a permanent solution to lessen the time to get a cloak (2 months with 3 of those weeks being VP capping aint bad people. Man up). Instead of, you know, letting secrets / runestones drop on more bosses, or just plain BUFFING THE DROP RATE like they did with sigils (why would they need a buff to tell us that this time around when they didn't for sigils back in the day?).

Quote Originally Posted by Novistador View Post
    The buff was datamined and assumed to go live with the recent patch. It was expected to be permanent by many people. Blizzard didn't comment at all on it just giving their usual "wait and see" speech. Had they just said it was a temporary buff from the start then it would be seen as positive instead of negative like it most likely will now.
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    How lame. Not worth re-subbing for a temp buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol at all the "IT'S TO COMPETE WITH WILDSTAR" posts. It just makes valor capping 2x faster. That's not going to compete with a brand new MMO. Half the WoW community are already VP capped at this point in the week, prior to the buff even going out. Then, since the buff makes it 2x faster, if it encourages people to log in during the weekend just to VP cap, then it means they're done in 1/2 the time, and will log right back off again. In no way, shape, or form is this even a remote attempt at 'competing' with Wildstar's pre-launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    The buff was datamined and assumed to go live with the recent patch. It was expected to be permanent by many people. Blizzard didn't comment at all on it just giving their usual "wait and see" speech. Had they just said it was a temporary buff from the start then it would be seen as positive instead of negative like it most likely will now.
    Nothing is stopping them from making it permanent, but I feel that this is too little too late. If they had launched this with an increase in the amount of valor you can pull in a week when the instant 90s were released I think it would have made a bigger splash. Reading this right now as one of the unsubscribed and waiting, all i can say is "meh".

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice if they had more little bonus stuff like this every weekend.

Odd it happens right as Wildstar early access begins and ends a week after release. Good old Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    what a time to use the deeds of valor from shaohao.

on another note still no secrets/runestones drop rate buff
    They did buff secrets/rune stones......TWICE. You get 2 GUARANTEED every week.

wish that was true when I got my Cloak.

Hm ok, might actually bother capping on an alt. Nah, probably not.

This is such a weird thing, what's the point when there's still a weekly cap? Do people really care about upgrading alts?

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Odd it happens right as Wildstar early access begins and ends a week after release. Good old Blizzard.
    Well, if you want to be technical this allows people to cap the VP on their toons FASTER, giving them more time to play Wildstar if they are min- maxers intending to play both games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smcn View Post
    This is such a weird thing, what's the point when there's still a weekly cap? Do people really care about upgrading alts?
    Well, some do, some don't. Hard to say who has what interests either. For me it depends on how much time I have, what else I need to do and ect. If I have spare time I try to cap my main and my 2 favourite alts. I don't bother trying to cap all 5 90's that I have.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!

I wish I knew this before I used coins on my alts D:

Sigtrapped
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm...don't a lot of players already cap their valor (or close to it) by the weekend? I already have the 50% on my account :/

I'd rather they lift the valor restriction this weekend.

More like "Heart of the F.U. Wildstar" debuff.

Regardless of how much faster you'll Valor cap with this buff, I'm sure people who had planned on not playing any WoW for the next week because of Wildstar's release will be logging into WoW just to Valor cap all of their toons. All Blizzard needs is for people to log onto WoW.

That way, their numbers and activity won't look as affected by Wildstar's release. They can say to the investors "See! Everyone still logged into WoW this week despite it being Wildstar's launch week!"

This was deliberately planned and perfectly timed in order to screw with Wildstar. It's not as big as a beta announcement, but imagine all the activity this buff will generate for WoW this week.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    More like "Heart of the F.U. Wildstar" debuff.

Regardless of how much faster you'll Valor cap with this buff, I'm sure people who had planned on not playing any WoW for the next week because of Wildstar's release will be logging into WoW just to Valor cap all of their toons. All Blizzard needs is for people to log onto WoW.

That way, their numbers and activity won't look as affected by Wildstar's release. They can say to the investors "See! Everyone still logged into WoW this week despite it being Wildstar's launch week!"

This was deliberately planned and perfectly timed in order to screw with Wildstar. It's not as big as a beta announcement, but imagine all the activity this buff will generate for WoW this week.
    Explain to me why. If they didn't plan to cap VP, why would this change it? They obviously don't care about VP if they didn't intend to cap it in the first place. Capping takes all of 30 minutes to start with (or you could even do it in 20 seconds if you farmed timeless coins / epoch stones the week prior).