Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tips for H Garrosh 10m from Prot?

My guild is getting ready to start pulling Heroic 10m Garrosh. I am a Prot Warrior and I was wondering if anyone has any tips for me or possibly suggestions for my guild as a whole? I hope with the extra gear upgrades and stuff it doesn't take us forever to progress on it but I'll aim low I suppose. Here is the most recent log I have but its not for Garrosh. I'll update this again when I have a log for Garrosh pulls.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T9y2P8HbLngJxGam

Thanks for the help in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it on 25m a ton, and we're working on it for 10m ATM. Just add dark#1458 we can chat.

Demo shout does a decent job with warsong while preserving your bigger oh-shit buttons for other eventualities, and dragon roar is great to keep for busting mind controls, so don't blow it on adds or dream phases to pad your meters.

Deleted
    Use SBarrier when you have 3+ stacks of Gripping Despair, otherwise SBlock. I used Shockwave to solo one of the 1st transition packs.

Deleted
    I found something that helps alot is to go with Rook's Trinket if you have trouble with Damage income Especially useful for when you get Whirling Corruption & 12-13 Stacks of Gripping Despair during P2. If you line it up properly you should have Last Stand + Demo for first of those, Rooks Trinket + External 30% DMG reduc (pain sup, HoS, barkskin) and then Shield Wall for 3rd Excessive rage into barriers naturally, but keep Sblock on CD - Garrosh can hit hard.

Good luck with progress!

Ya I have been hearing that I need to take Shockwave just for more stuns and Add control during Jade Serpent. Should make that really painless.

Deleted
    Shockwave is overall best for 10man imo, I soloed one pack faster than our 2dps + healer grp on t1. Also shockwave is good for empowered MC's (Damage Wise).

Also I highly suggest that you solo tank the fight, makes dps requirements joke. I start using barriers at 6+ stacks, after that one shot is highly possible if u take 2ticks and autoattack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoCoQH_qxU
    Here is our guild video from our first kill.
    Last edited by mmocc6fffc7f02; 2014-05-31 at 02:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Shockwave is overall best for 10man imo, I soloed one pack faster than our 2dps + healer grp on t1. Also shockwave is good for empowered MC's (Damage Wise).

Also I highly suggest that you solo tank the fight, makes dps requirements joke. I start using barriers at 6+ stacks, after that one shot is highly possible if u take 2ticks and autoattack.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffoCoQH_qxU
    Here is our guild video from our first kill.
    I'd recommend NOT using stuns on MCs unless you have no other way of breaking them out. The stun persists after they are broken out, and if a baiter is stunned, it can lead to a weapon where it shouldn't be. Use shout to interrupt first cast of MCs, and they should be out before the second.

It's better to not stun anyway, TC + other DPS should be enough to break people out.

I assume he meant Shockwave on the Empowered mc's, the ones who can't be stunned anyhow.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I assume he meant Shockwave on the Empowered mc's, the ones who can't be stunned anyhow.
    Ye those are ok if you get those. (I'm assuming skipping P2 transition)

Deleted
    Ehm ? Didnt I write Empowered MC's or is something wrong with my eyes :P I think warrior is the best class for solotanking this fight, atleast I feel very comfortable with it.

I have solo tanked it many times on Normal, and did the same kind of strategy with the Barriers post 6 and Blocks before that. I'll definitely give it a try, so long as my guild goes along with it. If I do try to solo tank it should I go mitigation build or Mastery Crit? I am currently Mastery Crit; also what about trinkets? (Thoks Tail tip is a given)
    Last edited by Timmus17; 2014-06-01 at 12:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmus17 View Post
    I have solo tanked it many times on Normal, and did the same kind of strategy with the Barriers post 6 and Blocks before that. I'll definitely give it a try, so long as my guild goes along with it. If I do try to solo tank it should I go mitigation build or Mastery Crit? I am currently Mastery Crit; also what about trinkets? (Thoks Tail tip is a given)
    *CAVEAT* I heard rook's is good because it greatly reduces damage from annihilate and whirling corruption, but I don't tank that boss. Take it for what its worth, a hunch and hearsay.

Rooks will only reduce the damage you take from the whirling, and that shit hits like a wet noodle, so it's close to useless. Unless you're severely lacking in survivability I would strongly recommend that you run with Thoks+Klaxxi and help kill the boss a lot faster.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    I used Rook's and Vial when I solo tanked. Rook's does help a bit during EWC because the healers are busy healing the rest of the raid.

Deleted
    I think Rook's amd Vial is very solid option for 10man, prob would have used Thok's tho if I would have it.

Going to be streaming this solo tank expedition taking into account everyone's suggestions if you all want to watch.

twitch.tv/timmus17

Thanks for the help btw hopefully this goes well.

So far Garrosh has gone pretty well. So far only 67 wipes in 2 days of attempts; we finally got to phase 3 and have worked out the first transition and first phase to where we have it down pat. This was a our best attempt so far, http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...Y8Gjk#fight=15 , solo tanking has gone well. I have even managed to make my healers panic by soaking a few of the Slams to gain some extra vengeance. Not sure if I'm going to keep doing that. From what I have found in the 2nd phase its basically spamming Shield Barrier as fast as you get rage so that's fun. From what me and my other officers have talked about I think our biggest problem is we have a Spriest who is doing a fraction of everyone else's damage which makes the fight take longer but we don't have any other options. Let me know if you guys have any more suggestions based on my logs. And I'll be streaming it again tonight for anyone that wants to watch or give real time tips. twitch.tv/timmus17

Thanks again everyone!

Deleted
    With the Valor Point upgrade (4/4), you can:

- P1 burn the first wave of adds, for the 2nd one as soon as they have 40 % PV you ask raid to make a Garrosh Focus. When Garrosh scream you use Shockwave and bump right after. Just before transition raid should stack and refresh just before the TP on 1st transition.
    - First transition: burn adds with veangeance you take, and use Shield wall in order to have more vengeance.
    - As soon as you come back Raid should burn boss (no DPS on weapon) and you have to stop DPS in order to have 4 th WW from the boss. As soon as Garrosh start to do its 4th WW, raid should burn it so you will get Garrosh at 3 % PV and directly go to P3 without doing P2.
    - You use Shattering throw and DPS Garrosh (if you have a raid DPS problem: you can BL + pot at that time but normally no need to do it)
    - You will have one WW enraged phase with minions (so use Raid CD at leat 2) and kill minions asap.
    Normally you will pass Garrosh directly to p4 just before its second WW enraged minions.

Just before going to P4 do not forget to ask a full Raid pack cause you will have your tank debuff which explode (use Smoke or equivalent in order to not die)
    Just before TP on ask dot people on your raid to dot Garrosh. (Be aware you an have a legendary proc on that so you will used dps after)

For p4 there is 2 way to handle it:

1.- If you do not use your BL / Pot on P3 (it should be like that), as soon as you enter P4 you burn all CD DPS raid (BL / Pot / ...). When boss start to cast bombard, you go with the raid other side, you keep 2 people under cd for malice and you DO NOT pop any Wheel. And you finish Garrosh on the other side, right before he cast Rage Manifestation.

2.- If your Raid DPS Suck and/or you used BL/pot on p3, you will have to do the standard strat to kill Garrosh.

Technic 1 = Around 9 mn of fight to kill Garrosh
    Technic 2 = 11-12 Mn

Tank = I used more Barrier Prot than the other one. Particularly every time, you will explode (debuff).

For trinket : I used normal ones (not Rook one I mean)

erupator your time values only apply when playing with 2 healers (can't explain otherwise how you'd be SO much slower than we are with 1 healer).

My experience with 1 healer and the item upgrades:

P1: you can burn Garrosh before he uses his second warcry (and skip the second engineer/ironstar as well)

T1: Nothing changed, we still use BL on the adds... why not. DPS isn't a problem and it makes it a little bit easier. Use 3min CDs on Garrosh

P2: We have to stop DPSing mid 2nd whirling because our druid needs tranq back up to heal the empowered whirl in p3 (If you have enough raid cooldowns or hybrid classes, you don't even have to stop) and push him over right before he starts his 3rd whirl.

P3: Nothing changed besides not having our 3min cooldowns ready from the transition

P4: Nothing changed for us. He dies shortly after the second bombard has started.