Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

finally, an icicle addon

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...leTracker.html

pretty basic, but it works nonetheless. at least its something

obviously its brand new and needs some work. maybe we can help this guy out?

storing icicle numbers is just as important as keeping track of your ignite as fire in pvp. you need to be able to see how much damage is stored.

its the difference between a kill or a loss.
    Last edited by Not Againnn; 2014-05-31 at 04:08 PM.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting. Going to see if I can squeeze some bugs out of it.

ETA: Yeah, this doesn't work for shit. A shame. Stops counting at 5 and doesn't consider Icicles beyond those initial 5 until you hit Ice Lance, and doesn't account for the barrage's timings. Lance -> FFB fires 6, this says 1 still up. Odd behaviour with GoIV, only considers one hit of the multibolts, and only considers them as one Icicle.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2014-05-31 at 05:14 AM.

Deleted
    So combustion helper for frost, eh? I guess more work will be need to improve the idea

10+ Year Old Account
    As a heroic raiding frost mage I must ask... does tracking icicles actually help anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    As a heroic raiding frost mage I must ask... does tracking icicles actually help anything?
    no, but people seem to always want to track them regardless

Deleted
    i dont understand icicle tracking, maybe if the boss has a mechanic where he takes extra damage for 5 seconds, but i can't really think of anything else.

SITUATIONAL SHIEEEET

The icicles above ones head are not tracking enough?

Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    The icicles above ones head are not tracking enough?
    I can barely see what color my cloak is most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnprescott View Post
    i dont understand icicle tracking, maybe if the boss has a mechanic where he takes extra damage for 5 seconds, but i can't really think of anything else.

SITUATIONAL SHIEEEET
    Unless the damage increase would be over 9000% you lose more damage by saving any icicles to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    pretty basic, but it works nonetheless. at least its something
    Judging by the rest of the posts it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I can barely see what color my cloak is most of the time.
    sounds like its time for a system upgrade not an addon

Considering that when you have 5 Icicles and you use Frostbolt, one Icicle automatically launches, I don't think any tracking solution is useful.

My 2 cents.

its useful in pvp because if you want a huge burst you should really try to get the most out of icicles. just letting them go automatically is kind of a waste of potential burst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Judging by the rest of the posts it doesn't.
    it works its just a little bugged out.

nothing we cant fix

Quote Originally Posted by zaaz View Post
    sounds like its time for a system upgrade not an addon
    Sound like someone raids with a zoomed in camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    No because the only interaction with them is when you use Ice Lance, and I can't think of any situation where using Ice Lance un-FoF'd is a DPS increase, with the exception of the boss dying (and who really gives a shit because it's going to die anyways?). There really isn't any benefit, to a raiding Mage, that is. A PvP Frosty might find some use.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    The only time I "tracked" my icicles in PVE was on garrosh heroic, and that consisted of making sure to not ice lance away my stored icicles to use for the first intermission. Basically all I did was track whether I had 5 or not. (Which you can't call tracking as you only need to remember whether you casted ice lance in the past 5 seconds)

The only way to mess with icicles in PVE would be to stop casting FB/IL and only use FFB procs (which are unreliable at best). If the DPS check on Garrosh wasn't in P2 but during intermission 1, it would probably even make sense to track icicles there. Unfortunately the P2 DPS check starts during P1, so it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Selesnya View Post
    The only way to mess with icicles in PVE would be to stop casting FB/IL and only use FFB procs (which are unreliable at best).
    Which would be a ridiculously significant DPS loss. If someone really wants to top the Icicle meters, I say feel free and go ahead.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't FB and FFB do the exact same damage atm? The only reason why FFB seems stronger is because it gets Shatter while FB doesn't.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Both are 150% SP.

either way, even if its pointless, we should still figure this out. it is important to some people. i pvp a lot and it would be pretty awesome when i conceptualize how i would change how i play

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can loosely get a DPS gain by dumping all 5 when adds spawn. But that's assuming you have a FoF proc and you know adds are about to spawn. Its probably not worth casting IL without FoF for this purpose, but it probably depends on how big all 5 are collectively.