Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Nope, don't feel that way. Still having fun and still feeling excited. 27 years old and generally a positive person. If I start liking something/someone, it takes A LOT to make me stop feeling that way. Maybe that's why no one has ever seen me hating on ex boyfriends or smacktalking old friends/co-workers.

Feel bad for the people that have lost their love for the game but still can't stop hovering around it, making them even more negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Nope, don't feel that way. Still having fun and still feeling excited. 27 years old and generally a positive person. If I start liking something/someone, it takes A LOT to make me stop feeling that way. Maybe that's why no one has ever seen me hating on ex boyfriends or smacktalking old friends/co-workers.

Feel bad for the people that have lost their love for the game but still can't stop hovering around it, making them even more negative.
    Yeah, I don't understand it either. If they don't like what WoW has become, they could just.... stop playing it. I have a positive view of WoW so I'm gonna be still playing it for awhile. I occasionally grumble at stuff (esp the Timeless Isle thing where every normal quest mob needs to have near one-shot attacks), but I still have a good positive view of the game. I love what they did with Mists. Now, back in Cataclysm... if it weren't for me working on alts, I probably would have quit until MoP came out. I was seriously tempted to, but decided to work on alts since Endgame blew chunks.

No alliance lore for like 3-4 years, yeah it gets kinda tiring, ppl either quit or go horde, and next week horde gets a free bike mount aswell
    WoW sub lose is not because of its age, if it was attractive to the players they wouldnt lose 5m+ subs

Edit: Forgot to mention 1.5 year without anything new in the game while the cost to play is still the same
    Last edited by Einsz; 2014-05-31 at 04:01 PM.

I don't feel excited anymore because it hardly effects me anymore. Class changes, what am I gonna do? Change 1 talent MAYBE? Valor changes, I'm gonna still be doing the same things I've been doing. There's nothing interesting or exciting anymore because it doesn't require a reaction from me.

Quote Originally Posted by HippopotamusMaximus View Post
    You know when there used to be a class change and you'd be all over it, redoing specs in your head, getting excited about changes, or when a new Warcraft game was announced and you'd be all over the lore leaks, reading everything everywhere you could find, getting into all the internet fights and shouting your views for everyone who would listen, or whatever?
    This is what we call "burning out" and it happens to everyone every once in a while. Some take longer than others.

You can't expect them to add *personal wants* to the game when it simply isn't what their game is about. Wow has always been about endgame raiding and poorly balanced pvp, this is not new, this has not changed. You're just burning out on the game is all there is to it. Its happened to me twice now, I skipped 2 expansions of this game after the 2nd time. Just means time to look for other avenues of entertainment for a while be it another game or something entirely different.

I get excited a bit but not crazy like I used to be, got used to Blizzard taking years to release something so I'd rather keep the excitement for when a patch/expansion is about to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Einsz View Post
    No alliance lore for like 3-4 years, yeah it gets kinda tiring, ppl either quit or go horde, and next week horde gets a free bike mount aswell
    WoW sub lose is not because of its age, if it was attractive to the players they wouldnt lose 5m+ subs

Edit: Forgot to mention 1.5 year without anything new in the game while the cost to play is still the same
    While I sympathize with the sentiment that they are far too much focused on Horde Lore (which is the truth), you lost me at the "1.5 year without anything new in the game".

We're at the very end of an expansion, and the MoP expansion itself added a LOT of new things to the game, or at the very least, a few new things + revamped other things that were awesome.

You can't really expect huge changes in mid-expansion; that isn't how WoW works. But one could argue that the Timeless Isle is very much a "new" thing; you see things there that have never been done in WoW before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saetia View Post
    Its called growing up, this is just a videogame after all.
    This reply can only indicate 1 thing... thats the current average age of Wow players is young,

Its been proven time and again that the main reason Wow did so well at the start was due to the fact so many established RPG fans joined Wow in the first year or so. thats a demographic of 'older' players. These players r the ones who have most ly left the game over the years as Wow become less and less engaging, immersive etc.

When i played in Wrath our guild of 50+ members had only 2 or 3 players under the age of 30. We had 7 real life couples, married or met in game. And weirdly this was actually commonplace back then.

If it is indeed true that the current Wow playerbase feel they are "growing up" then it can only mean that the current Wow playerbase is generally much younger than it has ever has been.

The RPG fans which started playing Wow all those years ago are probably still RPG fans and r probably still gaming... theyre just gaming somewhere else.

I just find it's more fun to play an MMO with people when you want to, as opposed to having a schedule or some kind of a "group" that you have to do things with.

Not less excited about the game, but I just find it is easier to play 6 months a year as opposed to 12 now. Especially in the summer, i'd rather just talk about the game with friends rather than play it.

I could play, but there are so many great movies, video games out now that I just can find other means of entertainment. Everything in moderation and balance, I don't think it is about age, I think it is more about taste.

I didn't know you had to "care" to enjoy playing a game.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I don't pay as much attention as I used to, but I genuinely don't think there's anything Blizzard could have done that would have made any difference. It might well be different for you, but for me it's just the fact that after this playing for so long I doubt there is anything Blizz could do that would make me care more.

Deleted
    Any other die hard fans and players find themselves simply not caring anymore?

This isnt football.

Its not like u support a team your whole life and every other team sucks.

This is videogaming, u play the games u enjoy. U play the ones u love longer but u will eventually move on to other games.

Its always saddened me to see just how freakishly blinkered most Wow fans r about their game. There r loads of other good stuff out there yet they adopt this football fan attitude where your first instinct is to hate on other games.

Basically im saying its fine to move on from any game, nothing lasts forever in this life. I still hold Wow as one of the best games ive ever played... i just dont play it anymore, those days r gone and im finding other games to enjoy right now

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    , i'd rather just talk about the game with friends rather than play it.
    Hehe, same here. Its kinda paradox, but I rather read mmo-c forums about wow, than play wow Im subbed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetia View Post
    Its called growing up, this is just a videogame after all.
    True enough.

I'm an old geezer but I find WoW endlessly amusing. Far more engaging than watching hours and hours of sports on TV like most of my lame contemporaries.

Also my wife also plays. So it gives us something in common to do together and to talk about. I know tons of older couples where each person simply pursues their own interests: the wife goes to her quilting club on weekends while the husband golfs, for example.

But it's still just a game, a trifle, an entertainment; it has no deep meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some people--I know this is true for me--the longer you're in the game and the number of times you see your class change in major ways, the less excited you get about it. And here we are again with WoD and yet another pretty much complete reset of the game and classes. I want to emphasize that this sort of thing is understandable and part of what you sign up for with a Blizzard game but the 'excitement' of seeing your class shuffled around a dozen times in eight years grows pretty thin.

When constant change becomes the norm, constant change isn't going to be anything to be excited about.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-05-31 at 08:14 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Im not sure if Id go as far as to call myself a die hard fan but I used to really love WoW and Blizzard but I kinda stopped caring after 4.1 (Cata?) because I realized it's always going to be like this now. OH well, it was fun while it lasted.

If you are posting on a game fan-site, you care so lets all cut the bullshit.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelai View Post
    At least it ain't *bleeeeep*ing trolls.

But give Blizz time, I get Patch 6.2 will be "THE RESURRECTION OF THE ZANDA......"

No wait, it'll be "THE COMING OF THE DRAENANI!" A whole new tribe YOU NEVER KNEW YET! Because, we can't have an expansion without more *bleeep*ing trolls. They'll probably rationalize this by saying a few Zandalari dove into the portal before you killed them all at Thunder Isle! Or some BS.
    You just know that they are planning a troll themed patch no matter what. Maybe they are already working on a troll themed expansion next, Voljin gets corrupted, better deal with that!!

WoW killed my ability to enjoy other games.

I no longer find WoW interesting.

Now im left with no games I find enjoyable.

That feel when probably just grew out of games and cant accept it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    If you are posting on a game fan-site, you care so lets all cut the bullshit.
    I agree it stinks in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    WoW killed my ability to enjoy other games.

I no longer find WoW interesting.

Now im left with no games I find enjoyable.

That feel when probably just grew out of games and cant accept it
    Well now there is plenty of time to do something else then so gratz.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-06-02 at 10:00 AM.