Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    I quit about a month after SoO release, been playing old psp games on vita (tactics ogre/fate extra/ff:tactics). I don't think I'll come back to WoW, I started playing ToR again and it's improved quite a bit PvP is actually fun in that game. I can't understand why anyone would still stay subbed after so much time has passed without any significant patch.
    So, did you wear your hipster glasses while typing that? Probably with a bored expression.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are enjoying themselves on wow? How dare they when I'm clearly not!

Challenge modes. I'm determined to get Gold on my DK, Hunter and Mage. I want those sets bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the presses, no one can enjoy the game and play it if the current raid tier is old.

It's not like this game has anything else enjoyable to it, then again I'm an Rper so I guess I'm just crazy.

PS.

This is the issue with some people in the WoW community. They focus only on raiding and act is if there's nothing else in this game. I'd honestly rather lose a raid tier or two and there be new things to do other than raiding and Pvp than to get a raid tier every couple of months. Yes- I'm saying this as some one who heroic raids with moderate success.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2014-05-31 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    So, did you wear your hipster glasses while typing that? Probably with a bored expression.
    Hipster = my new favourite word. Used to be the word butthurt but that word kinda falls into the Hipster word a lot of the times :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well,

yeah. Still actively playing and enjoying company with my friends. As well as running a few raids with an alt.

As well as going nuts with hoarding stuff. Earning a little coin for WoD budget.

Though, of course also playing other games. Such as Wildstar, ArcheAge and a little others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You mean there might be people either less progressed than you, or that play for different reasons ?
    What a surprise, that not everyone is exactly the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Did you clear all of 14/14H? Cause if not then its not Old
    Cant believe people put arguments like this forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well,

yeah. Still actively playing and enjoying company with my friends. As well as running a few raids with an alt.

As well as going nuts with hoarding stuff. Earning a little coin for WoD budget.

Though, of course also playing other games. Such as Wildstar, ArcheAge and a little others.
    You play more than one mmo...? How is this possible?? Tell me your secret!!

On a serious note, how are you able to play Archeage? I'm interested in it but figured it's not available to the west yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Indeed, heroic isn't everything. It is all varied to the players opinion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's almost like not everyone shares a single opinion like some sort of hive mind.

What a novel concept.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Well it's kind of relevant. They bitch and moan about the game being old and there not being any possible reason for people to still be playing, so of course one wonders how far they progressed in the raid before they decided that it was old...and why they think they have the right to decide for others when it's a good time to be playing or not. <.<

I've been clearing normal and now heroic since it came out and since I still have stuff to look forward to experiencing with my guild, it doesn't feel old to me at all. Is it old in that it's been out so long? Sure, but ICC has been out way longer and people still enjoy going there for different reasons...

And those that never set foot in a raid can still be playing after so many months and enjoying themselves, it doesn't hinge upon the final raid being old like the OP wants to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    You play more than one mmo...? How is this possible?? Tell me your secret!!

On a serious note, how are you able to play Archeage? I'm interested in it but figured it's not available to the west yet.
    Actually, it is available. Alpha currently. You can either hope to get the alpha key, or buy your way in to alpha (with 24/7 beta) or into beta event keys.

Sorry for off-topic, just wished to answer the question.

And yes, playing more than one MMO, I enjoy the process of levelling, training professions and exploring and world PvP (AA is born for that)

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not going to get much support with a thread like this here, OP - people who've quit will be far less likely to be lurking around the MMO-Champ forums.

I however agree with you completely - I think the game's in an embarrassingly tedious state, for myself at least. Some raids take me a while to get sick of, this one didn't. Around 2 months and it was growing old. Call me crazy, but once I've completed a raid on 3 different difficulties already, there's not quite as much incentive to complete it on 1 more, for a different shade of gear and a few more stat points.

I mean, there's always the cc-fest laughably known as PvP to mess around with, but nothing much has changed there for many moons now either. Heroic dungeons which were effortlessly doable in questing greens on release day still haven't been added to.

To be honest, unless you're obsessed with Achievement Points for some unknown reason, or are in a guild which derives some satisfaction from raiding the same bosses for 8+ months at a time, soon to approach a year+, I too don't see much reason to stick around, until WoD at least.

I've unsubbed for now, just like many others - not as some random desparate protest, simply because the longer I stay away from the tedious parts of the game, the more I enjoy the new parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I'd honestly rather lose a raid tier or two and there be new things to do other than raiding and Pvp than to get a raid tier every couple of months. .
    Hear hear! I wouldn't mind it either. New solo content, more content for small groups of people and improvements to old content would be just as fun as a new raid, which is what I think they managed in MoP. Especially enjoyed the 5.3 campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, it is available. Alpha currently. You can either hope to get the alpha key, or buy your way in to alpha (with 24/7 beta) or into beta event keys.

Sorry for off-topic, just wished to answer the question.

And yes, playing more than one MMO, I enjoy the process of levelling, training professions and exploring and world PvP (AA is born for that)
    Thank you! I'mma have to try and get my hand on one...been dying to try that mmo out, for the mount system but also because I for once wanna be a pirate. ;d

Deleted
    Wow what a terrific creative and original thread, exactly what are we supposed to discuss here other than OP's obvious ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Can we please stop with all this
    "This is my opinion and I for some reason have decided that everyone thinks and acts like me so do like this"
    bullshit?

If people enjoy doing something, let them. If they don't let them not do it. Getting so tired of this id***ity
    I can't figure out the word you blocked out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post

To be honest, unless you're obsessed with Achievement Points for some unknown reason, or are in a guild which derives some satisfaction from raiding the same bosses for 8+ months at a time, soon to approach a year+, I too don't see much reason to stick around, until WoD at least.
    Yup, you've pinned us all down with those 2 I'm sure...well, not me since those are not the reasons why I play and still have fun (couldn't care less about chasing achi points just for the sake of it) but I'm sure the rest of the millions of players still subbed fit your description purrfectly!

People, hah. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Hear hear! I wouldn't mind it either. New solo content, more content for small groups of people and improvements to old content would be just as fun as a new raid, which is what I think they managed in MoP. Especially enjoyed the 5.3 campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! I'mma have to try and get my hand on one...been dying to try that mmo out, for the mount system but also because I for once wanna be a pirate. ;d
    Pirating, takes AGES to become one by reputation but fun. Lots of PvP reasons, want to complete a quest faster, attack the guy who's doing it as well. Want a better income, attack the guy who's transporting mats.

Steal a boat and attack people, or copy your boat to look like others....

..... or try the amazing experience of going to jail... Yes, you can go to join and your sentance is a X amount of ingame play time. Can go up into hours.

Quite fun. And the glider system makes the world see bigger and word exploring... and then.. yeah... dragging a ship up a mounting.. Btw, harpoons are OP ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, you've pinned us all down with those 2 I'm sure...well, not me since those are not the reasons why I play and still have fun (couldn't care less about chasing achi points just for the sake of it) but I'm sure the rest of the millions of players still subbed fit your description purrfectly!

People, hah.
    As witty as I'm sure you find yourself, please note I said "I don't see much reason", not "There is no reason whatsoever under any circumstances". Y'know, opinions and all that.