Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question The Defilers Reputation

Hello, can anyone give me some information about rep farming in current patch.
    How many reputatnion I will get in Call to Arms?
    Are there any quests? If there are quests how can I start them. (I know about quests in Hammerfall but I can not take it.)
    Thanks.

Just farm AB. There is no efficient way to farm it, other than winning every single game.

I made it easier for myself by finding a winning strategy. I go with 1 or 2 well-geared DPS directly to Stables via the water side left of BS. It shouldn't be too hard to cap it since there will most likely only be one, semi-afk defender. You can choose to either nuke him down, or chain cc the fucker, and tag ST.

Then the whole enemy team will be thrown off their game, because they have no idea where to go anymore. Enjoy your wins.

Deleted
    Ye I do the same, but I'm interested in quests. Did Blizz remove them?

You get a new quest each time you reach a new reputation level IIRC, friendly/honored/revered/exalted etc. If you want to farm as fast as possible get a group for AB anytime or solo queue specifically for AB when it's not AB weekend or you'll face lots of premades.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

There is no easy way, just queue for Arathi Basin and play only that and only that. Eventually you will reach exalted. Probably somewhere around 75k kills. It helps if you have a premade group, but you still have to win games in order to get reputation fast.

Deleted
    Ok, but where can I take that quest? (I'm friendly and I do not have any q in Hammerfall.)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmaPL View Post
    Ok, but where can I take that quest? (I'm friendly and I do not have any q in Hammerfall.)
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8263/de...c-care-package ? Not sure really. You might have already done it.
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Ok, thank you. Last question will i get more reputation while Call to Arms?

Quote Originally Posted by CosmaPL View Post
    Ok, thank you. Last question will i get more reputation while Call to Arms?
    Just honor.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In regards to reputation, from Neutral to Revered, only do Arathi Basin battlegrounds. Do not go to the quest givers in Arathi Highlands.
    The quests for the faction are on this page: http://wowpedia.org/The_Defilers
    These quests award reputation, and it's best to complete them at Revered. Why? Revered is the hardest and longest part of a rep grind, and fulfilling the criteria of and turning in these quests when you hit Revered is less arduous. Keep doing AB alongside these, and it won't seem so hard. You also get a tabard for your troubles (Available at Exalted).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Just honor.
    No you get more rep too but face more premades so not sure if worth it solo.

got exalted recently. there is quests(or more was) the old ones were removed so only ones now are the "gz friendly/honored" and so on. they provide 11 reputation.

You get roughly 30 more rep per win during CTA (from 96 per win to 128 per win during cta), 5man premade helps, queueing alone to exalted is a braindamage fiesta.

At exalted you dont have to do the assault quest anymore, just buy tabard for 2.7k ish honor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I recently finished my Defiler's rep grind (was sitting 50% through honoured and decided to complete it finally). According to my armoury I have 367 Arathi Basin battles and 193 victories. It took about two weeks from the honoured so I guess around 3-4 weeks if you're starting from scratch. GL
    Last edited by JCFD90; 2014-06-02 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    In regards to reputation, from Neutral to Revered, only do Arathi Basin battlegrounds. Do not go to the quest givers in Arathi Highlands.
    The quests for the faction are on this page: http://wowpedia.org/The_Defilers
    These quests award reputation, and it's best to complete them at Revered. Why? Revered is the hardest and longest part of a rep grind, and fulfilling the criteria of and turning in these quests when you hit Revered is less arduous. Keep doing AB alongside these, and it won't seem so hard. You also get a tabard for your troubles (Available at Exalted).
    But it's not as if earning reputation from BG's slows down at Revered, you still need the same amount of Rep regardless of when you do the quests.

One of the most painful and boring grinds. I can understand why ppl bot it. Rep grinds such as this really brings out the bad in people. Even farming pirates in bb from full hated goblin cartels to full 1k exalted is more fun.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    But it's not as if earning reputation from BG's slows down at Revered, you still need the same amount of Rep regardless of when you do the quests.
    I know, it's just something I like to do to make it seem less arduous for myself when I do a rep grind. Especially ones where the usual method of grinding involves low rep outputs (Like killing mobs that give 3-10 rep per kill), so I turn the higher stuff in at Revered.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Warsong gulch is ~3x worse imo. I got AB years before that one.

I'm not sure if my post will help you but I just recently attempted and succeeded to farm the rep from scratch in 2 weeks. Take a look if you don't need the achievement on a specific character/just want to get it done as fast as possible.

Experiment. How fast could you get the Battle Tabard of the Defilers and the The Defiler Achievement from scratch.

The answer: 14 Days.
    Armory Link

Facts:

Reached level 24 = 4/30/14
    Achieved exalted with the defilers = 5/21/14
    Time between reaching the required level/achieving exalted = 22 days

Code:
    22 days
    -4 (wsg weekend = arathi bg's didn't pop)
    -3 (days I didn't have time to play WoW)
    -1 (reaching level 24/gearing process/farming professions)
    ______
    14 days

Statistics:

Arathi basins played = 228
    Arathi basins victories = 130 (57%)
    Honorable kills gained = 10059

The Bracket:
    I've chosen to play in the 20-24 xp off bracket instead of max level for multiple reasons.

• The queue times for an arathi basin battleground range from instant to 5 minutes.
    • The bracket population is gigantic due the fact that WoW is free to play up to level 20.
    • A geared level 24 twink can make quite the difference in a bracket populated mostly by free to play level 20s.
    • The win loss ratio is pretty much exactly 50/50.
    • Both factions tend to keep 2 bases all game long due the fact that only the slowest mount speed is available at this level.
    • The bracket is pretty balanced (besides hunters) and the absence of extensive crowd control effects (again besides hunters) is great.

Gearing/Items

• Certain best in slot items require extensive grinding/instance farming but in general you can purchase all the heirlooms appropriate to your class/buy some decent enchants and you're good to go.
    • The only 2 items that you need besides gear would be the Battle Standard of Coordination for the extra rep gain and eventually the Horde Battle Standard for the extra health.

Closing words:
    I've quite enjoyed farming the tabard for a second time.
    It's definitely worth stopping your xp at level 24 for 2-3 weeks just for the purpose of getting exalted with the defilers/obtaining this beauty of a tabard.
    I can't really judge how long it would take to farm this particular reputation at max level due the fact that I haven't really played max level in years but I'm just gonna assume that it would take much longer than 2 weeks.
    Original Post
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2014-06-03 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about how you managed to get Precious' Ribbon on a level 24 and a level 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I'm more concerned about how you managed to get Precious' Ribbon on a level 24 and a level 70.
    Set something to heroic and be amazed.