Poll: Where did you find your arena PvP partners?

IRL friends and PvP

For those who play PvP a fair amount, please post your answer to the poll.

Basically my IRL friends are starting to fade and I'm wondering if it's worth it to continue based on the experiences of others*. Opinions are also welcome.

* I'm aware that other's experiences will not necessarily lead to the same conclusions as if I had experienced the same experiences. I will extrapolate the answers into my own worldview.
    Last edited by Aryah; 2014-06-02 at 12:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do we do if there is no poll?
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    What do we do if there is no poll?
    What do you mean?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    My arena partners are my IRL friends.
    Although there are some guilds purely focused on PvP - maybe that could work out.
    I myself haven't tried it though.

I mainly use trade chat and when it first came out, I used OQ. I enjoy playing with my [IRL] friends but I don't play with them when I want rank. They want to play silly comps, mindlessly cleave or they generally don't play very well.

I've had mixed results going into a match cold.

I'd consider joining a PvP guild at this point but only if their standards are decent. My server isn't progressive in any sense (and hasn't been since BC) so it doesn't attract top players. It's all well and good to still be "pushing 1750", etc. but years of babysitting people on the basics has made me a bit sour on knowingly jumping into that situation anymore. Maybe I'll use my free boost for a copy of my main on a better server just to get things started next season.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    competitive pvp and irl friends dont mix well...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I voted OTHER, by which I mean all 3 of the above + oqueue. I met some really good people via trade/oqueue/guild, and tbh I prefer playing with them because my one RL friend is a rager.

all my RL's faded from the realm of warcraft several years ago, i still keep on playing it's not as fun though, but oqueue makes it bareable

Thanks for all the responses. I've been using trade chat which interestingly is the least chosen option. It's possible that I'm fed up because I'm choosing the wrong route.

I'd call myself an 1700 type player this season and either I get players who frustrate me because they can't even do the basics like focus cc -- or cc at all -- or I frustrate other players because I'm not all that amazing.

Anyway, I'll have a look at guilds on my server (Outland-EU) and check oqueue out.

Deleted
    i play a little with IRL friend, but he really sucks at pvp honestly, so usually i just find random at pvp vendor or trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild. In real life friends are either too bad, or don't play, that being said I haven't played with any of them since late Cataclysm. Trade is full of trolls, so I don't bother with that either.

My best friend in real life is my arena partner but it's the first time me and him have done arena together, currently only do 2v2.

I don't like doing arena with people i'm not already on good terms with, because it can be stressful if you don't communicate well. Back in TBC though I did team up with a random druid on a server I'd joined for a new raid guild, and we had some pretty decent success without voice coms, just in a PUG situation we kept playing together for a while, due to the initial success.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a guild so that option doesn't work for me. Well I'm in a guild, but its one of those shitty guilds that's a leveling or social guild. So its basically a guild full of idiots that don't talk and use the guild for perks while the GM and his/her friends reap the cash from the guild bank thanks to Cash Flow perk.

I don't have any friends so that option is invalid for me.

Trade chat is where I get people. That or people I duel.