Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Reputations - account bound?

Reputations take so much time farming, hundreds of hours. I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years, I have to completely start over with reputations. Especially how they dont accumulate for the Exalted achievement.

Does anyone else feel reputations should be account wide like titles and mounts?

I think so. I find it stupid that I "achieved" a faction on one toon, then log over to another and I haven't achieved it. Kind of similar to how I feel about my oldschool PVP titles that I cannot use on my other toons.

I can see why Blizzard doesn't want them account wide.

Though they could probably make them account wide for most older reputations (ie prior to current content). Especially the BG reps, fuck those goddamn things.

Some would be very weird though, like Scryers vs Aldor or Oracles vs Frenzyheart. They'd have to stay character level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    No.
    your character is a unique entity within the world. Each one should have to build up the reputation like they do already.
    Just as in real life your reputation with some one and their respect for you is built up over time. After all this is a MMO(Role)PG Not a MMO(account)game.

Re-rolling to another class should have its disadvantages.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks!

Well, could support maybe extreme hard ones, like Ravenholt. Or your race reputation. All others, no, shouldn't be shared at all. It is there for benefits if you wish to work for them and take share in them. No work, no gain. One character can have his, and if you want more, then you have to do more.

Reputations by the way, SUPER easy to farm now. (at least everything from Cata and up, and some Wrath ones).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The sooner everything is account wide the better. Anyone who says otherwise is living in an era of WoW that has long since passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Reputations take so much time farming, hundreds of hours. I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years, I have to completely start over with reputations. Especially how they dont accumulate for the Exalted achievement.

Does anyone else feel reputations should be account wide like titles and mounts?
    There are few reps that reaaaaly take a long ass time to grind... and for the most part, none of them have anything that's going to cripple a new main who doesn't have it. I wouldn't sweat it, unless you measure your worth by the number of achievement points on a given character, then that's a problem with how you're playing the game and less a problem with the reputation system.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No.
    your character is a unique entity within the world. Each one should have to build up the reputation like they do already.
    Just as in real life your reputation with some one and their respect for you is built up over time. After all this is a MMO(Role)PG Not a MMO(account)game.

Re-rolling to another class should have its disadvantages.
    I am a unique entity on the planet earth. I shouldn't have to do things more than once.

Having to start at level 1 with no gear or professions is the disadvantage.

Grinding the same rep on multiple characters is pointless. This isn't real life. In real life you only have to earn reputation ONCE, and if you have multiple characters in your real life then you might have multiple personality disorder.

10+ Year Old Account

What about all those players who have been switching before, and worked their asses off to gain the rep on various toons already? Would that be fair to them?

Hundreds of hours is quite an exaggeration, I think anyway..
    Most old reputation has been significantly buffed like crazy. It's nowhere near where it used to be once before.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    What about all those players who have been switching before, and worked their asses off to gain the rep on various toons already? Would that be fair to them?

Most old reputation has been significantly buffed like crazy. It's nowhere near where it used to be once before.
    So you are saying that you should halt innovation because of how things worked in the past?

"Don't invent the printing press Mr. Gutenberg, that wouldn't be fair to all those people that have been hand copying things for thousands of years."

15+ Year Old Account
    I can respect others viewpoint against it, but I must point out how illogical it is.

It doeant effect you at all, it only benefits those who care. I can understand being against a feature that would negatively impact your gameplay, but this would virtually not effect you at all. So being against that is illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    So you are saying that you should halt innovation because of how things worked in the past?

"Don't invent the printing press Mr. Gutenberg, that wouldn't be fair to all those people that have been hand copying things for thousands of years."
    I said exactly what I wrote. Nothing less, nothing more.
    Anything you've interpret from it, spawns in your blooming fantasy.

I said exactly what I wrote. Nothing less, nothing more.
    Anything you've interpret from it, spawns in your blooming fantasy.
    How is that not the same thing?

You said "Don't make it easier because that would be unfair to the people who did it the hard way"

Deleted
    Why do you need to have exalted with old reputations when you reroll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reputations ought to be account bound. I'm not sure how they would do that, but it needs to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is that not the same thing?

You said "Don't make it easier because that would be unfair to the people who did it the hard way"
    Learn to read.....
    OP stated:

I think its extremely unfair how, if someone decides to main switch after 7 years
    I asked for the very same logic:
    I never actually made a pro or contra statement... I've asked a question, that refers to exactly the same argument, fairness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I think so. I find it stupid that I "achieved" a faction on one toon, then log over to another and I haven't achieved it. Kind of similar to how I feel about my oldschool PVP titles that I cannot use on my other toons.
    You achieve something with a faction. Your family member goes there. Should they be treated the same way as you do? That is how I feel about this whole faction thing. You may have achieved something on one toon, but your other toon is a completely different person in the game world. This is one of those lore/rpg things that shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of "gameplay" like so many things have been to this point.

This is an MMO"RPG" - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game Blizzard needs to stop taking elements of the game out to cater to the instant gratification crowd.

I have been farming old rep for a while now, and got the easy ones. These are the BC ones that can be done with dungeon runs and pretty much all Wraith and Cata reps that have talbards. Those that require rep turn ins like the kauluk mount ones, these are a PITA. Also the raid ones like for MH and BT, sure it's easy to run those but MH is pretty long and you can only do it once a week. So yo uare still looking at 6-8 weeks of grinding. Anyway i feel like it's in a good spot, before it was pretty ridiculous how many reps there are, and now i feel like the reps are balanced in pandaland to require some significant effort and some decent reward; most of the MOP reps have a mount attached but each takes 1+ months at first. (actually golden lotus and the dragon egg rep guys are pretty quick). And the rep boosts are the right way to go, it makes grinding rep on the next toon 2x as fast, plus the scouts that drop tokens are a huge boost too. So yeah i think rep is fun again IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a unique entity on the planet earth. I shouldn't have to do things more than once.

Having to start at level 1 with no gear or professions is the disadvantage.

Grinding the same rep on multiple characters is pointless. This isn't real life. In real life you only have to earn reputation ONCE, and if you have multiple characters in your real life then you might have multiple personality disorder.
    So then you are only allowed to have one character in WoW if you are going to treat it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might not go for full account bind, but if ur Revered with an faction ud get +100% rep for said faction for all ur other characters
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s