Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

(Mock-up) WoD Login Screen UDK4.0

After using Unity for a couple of school projects, I decided to give UDK a spin, and wanted to do something I like, so I tried making a Warlords of Draenor Login mock-up, but with updating the textures to the Dark Portal and giving them normal maps.

With some lighting issues aside, had fun with that, and here are the results.

Doing the Burning Crusade portal atm
    Last edited by KaNNis; 2014-06-07 at 10:43 PM.

Please not another fucking portal Blizzard.

That is some nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I would be cool with a portal. Nostalgia!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I heard the login screen will be the Warlords doing the Beyoncé - Put a ring on it dance.

Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post

Doing the Burning Crusade portal atm
    BC one is what I really like. I hope the current dark portal they added in Alpha is just the Azeroth-side one. I'd like the Draenor version to be more grand like BC.

Yes. Portal. So fitting! Look on the other side though, it might be the last time they ever do a portal

10+ Year Old Account
    I am almost 100% sure they will go with another Dark Portal for Warlords.

Nice work. The fire seems a bit too realistic to be WoW though.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

Nice, but still like the other one, with jungle.

I think it will be something from frostfire ridge, not Portal. Or may be BT\Shattrath.
    Last edited by Warak; 2014-06-03 at 06:03 AM.

Deleted
    That's awesome work, really like it. I wonder if that will actually be the login music as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice job on the login screen dude! But I think it'd be sweeter if the login screen actually 'moved' this time, for example, it would tour an area, or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Nice job on the login screen dude! But I think it'd be sweeter if the login screen actually 'moved' this time, for example, it would tour an area, or something.
    I was just thinking that, would be nice if it panned across Frostfire ridge and then faded into shadowmoon valley and nagrand ect. Would make a change.

I bet new login screen will be similar to WotLK, but instead of Sindragosa Garrosh will run from left side and start roaring.

Im thinking red Portal with Iron Horde or just Grom Silhouette in front.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Nice work! I would definitely love to see the Dark Portal as the login screen again.

Would be even better is if they faded the portal from one side to the other, as in the background of Blasted Lands slowly morphing into the jungle and so on.

Deleted
    Yea, portals are awesome!

You make it sound like there have been four portal loading screens or something. There's been one so far...What, like 6 years ago?

Nice work, dude! A few pointers though. The fire looks a bit off, and the Dark Portal is in a crater, so you would see more of a "mountain" behind it, if you catch my drift. Other than that, it looks really great!

I so hope that Blizzard goes with a Dark Portal theme for WoD, it would be really amazing. Personally, the login screen from TBC is the best login so far so it would be cool if WoD had a login screen of the sorts. I do think the login screen will be of the portal in Azeroth seeing how the orcs invade from there, but looking forward to your "TBC-like" login too!

I would be totally okay with that.

Great job.

Aaaaaand I have a new wallpaper. Thanks.

They wouldn't make a login for either starting zone as the QQ from the other side that didn't have theirs featured would be a guarantee. It's always been something impartial, something significant about the stage the game's been at the time. Vanilla was the Blasted Lands side of the Dark Portal, then TBC was the Hellfire Peninsula side. WotLK was a shot at Icecrown Citadel, Cata was Deathwing going apeshit on Stormwind and MoP is the twin Mogu statues that guarded the Vale. My best guess is that it'll be the Dark Portal again, Tanaan-side being viewed from far off and we watch as ranks upon ranks of Orcs and Gronn march up the Stair of Destiny and pass through the Portal off to ravage Azeroth. It'd be epic in scale, and it'd be Savage™ (goddamn it now I'm even saying that).

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty cool, I actually prefer the new Red look that it's gonna have come Warlords. It makes it look so menacing and ''evil''. Eaither way, I somehow doubt that they will go with a Portal honestly, I have a feeling that it involve eaither a huge shot from the Iron Horde War machine, or if they do indeed go with the portal, it will be from Tanaan side, with lots of industrialised stuff. They could even go with a paronama shot of Draenor's moon, that'd be pretty sick to.