Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KaNNis View Post
    Here's a couple of other shots I was doing from the progression in case anyone likes them for wallpapers, they're high res, note quite 1080p,

http://i.imgur.com/XQFXd4Jl.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZMU6Setl.png

http://i.imgur.com/IcuNATQl.png

http://i.imgur.com/ZaI0Vs6l.png

http://i.imgur.com/40L1Hdrl.png

http://i.imgur.com/Lr6ukSzl.png
    Very nice! Looking forward to some 1080p
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-06-09 at 08:39 PM.

This looks fantastic. I hope it ends up being somewhat close to this.

Super siick art!
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    Its ok but doesnt seem WoWee enough,bit 2 dark and jungly,when you need to really show off all the regions or something similar.

Also the music is terrible for that intro.

Just my 2 penneth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Its ok but doesnt seem WoWee enough,bit 2 dark and jungly,when you need to really show off all the regions or something similar.

Also the music is terrible for that intro.

Just my 2 penneth.
    What the heck are you talking about? Needs to show off all the regions or something??? Show me one single loading screen in the history of the game that showed off all the regions?

You do realize this portal is being built in a jungle...

The music is the music that plays on the current startup screen.

Man.. you would be loads of fun to be around...

OP, your passion seems to be a valuable asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebuthecow View Post
    What the heck are you talking about? Needs to show off all the regions or something??? Show me one single loading screen in the history of the game that showed off all the regions?

I have to concur with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebuthecow View Post

Lol so would you with that attitude,but the loading screen is still pap,think more of like the lich king and cataclysm loading screens,they had the antagonist or at least a scene of his crib,a dank jungle just because the portal is there is......crap. And the music is still shite it just sounds like a random third world village banging on a drum for no good reason.

Also grow up its called criticism,if you cant handle it dont read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would they build the exact same Portal as it is in Outland?

On one hand, I like how it looks like a newer version of the Burning Crusade log-in screen. It sort of represents the expansion; you are meant to feel like you've seen at least a different version of it before.

On the other hand, I'll be damned if we get another portal log in screen. One thing I liked about WotLK's log in screen was that it was something very new; that coupled with the dragon (as annoying as people found it, I thought it was mind blowing when I first saw it) really did its part to make WoW feel fresh. I was also one of the people that was relived that Cata's log-in screen didn't end up being that portal they had. It's nice having each log-in screen being something new rather than just a portal every time, just like how it's nice having a different cinematic each time rather than just another class montage type cinematic like the Vanilla and BC ones.

Deleted

Cool

YES YES THIS IS RLY GR8 but if this even possible, u or some1 can add more to this in my opinion:
    1) Orsc passing through the portal - peons with boxes or smillar stuff (going with all this stuff on the left and, put them on the ground and go somewhere, where they disappear / warriors with axes etc with commander (warchief) and they set before the portal in something like "Battle formation" [in right corner of loading screen] some of this warrior just go like peons and also disappear.
    2)When someone passing the portal (dragon head ) and (stone guardians) "eyes" should be more shining - you know warrior showing and for a 1 s all red light's are more shiny.
    3)Environment - occasionally some birds or smthing should just fly near the portal // trees should be more like from swamp / march (u know some stuff hanging from trees / SKY should be more hmm brighter or just add thunder in sometimes, when its happen all going to be much brighter for some sec also when its happen, in one sec smth behind the trees can show (monster or mayby night elf scout) [np. his shadow on a branch ]

this is just few ideas from me, anyway u do a rly good loading screen gz!
    P.S: sorry if i do little mistakes in my description
    Last edited by mmoca0dd609f37; 2014-06-09 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Lol so would you with that attitude,but the loading screen is still pap,think more of like the lich king and cataclysm loading screens,they had the antagonist or at least a scene of his crib,a dank jungle just because the portal is there is......crap. And the music is still shite it just sounds like a random third world village banging on a drum for no good reason.

Also grow up its called criticism,if you cant handle it dont read it.
    Loading screen =/= LOGIN screen

In all the cinematic hype, I decided to do another one of the login screen mock-ups in UE4.

This one should represent how the Black Morass Portal looked like after the connection between the (past Azeroth) and Draenor was cut.

Deleted
    Is the current login screen that's in the beta the real WoD login screen or is it just a placeholder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Please not another fucking portal Blizzard.
    I think the portal brings a sense of nostalgia and immersion for some, with the whole venturing into another world thing, also seeing as the Dark Portal plays a large roll in the expansion.

Sorry dude but I think your art is too dark and has way too much negative space -also the field of view / perspective is too 'fps' / 3DSMax. I know you cited lighting issues before but I think your presentation could be improved post render if not within UDK.

Really nice project though, you never know where it may lead you!

Do remember though that 'painterly' effect Blizzard stamps on every WoW asset, I think your ideas stripped back would be better likewise and more sympathetic to the aesthetics Blizzard creates in game.

Keep up the good work

That's way, way better than login screen on the beta, at least. At least it's unique and feels like effort was put into it. The beta's just the vanilla screen with the portal showing Nagrand for some reason. It would have made much more sense to have it be a shot of the Tanaan Jungle either through or around the portal.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see Mannoroths corpse off to the side with Demon blood pouring out.
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's way, way better than login screen on the beta, at least. At least it's unique and feels like effort was put into it. The beta's just the vanilla screen with the portal showing Nagrand for some reason. It would have made much more sense to have it be a shot of the Tanaan Jungle either through or around the portal.
    The area that you see through the portal is the exact same as it was during vanilla. I always assumed it was actually Azeroth that you were seeing (as in you were looking from the Outland side) but that was before nagrand, or any of Outland actually existed in game.

Although either way it's moot as it's already been pointed out that the login screen in beta is just a placeholder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not sure if you're implaying that the one on the Beta is the final one?