Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    I don't care where I come. As long as I beat the other elemental shamans in the world I'm happy.
    So you are happy being the tallest midget?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidenorna View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Yes there has been changes but i can honestly tell you that I have not remapped my single target dps rotation since lava lash. So since 3.0.2
    Exactly, since Wrath. Why? Because the rotation works, and is fun. I dunno, but I've never been unhappy with our rotation. Ascendance made it even more fun in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you babbling about, Elemental has been just fine and competitive throughout MoP.

Deleted
    Yeah, because I enjoy my class and spec.

And for the record, I'm extremely competitive when it comes to DPS, and have been for the whole expansion. Some fights obviously don't favour us but most of them I'm definitely higher than the middle of the DPS spread, at the same time as getting tasty rankings. So I don't really feel like we're bad. Perhaps I'm just better than the average elemental shaman? Who knows. But that's all secondary to me.

The spec is good fun to play, so I play it, and I get the most out of it.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-06-03 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    I would wait until Beta comes out before making statements like that. We still haven't seen all of the changes.
    every fucking time the same shit, someone complains, someone defends blizzard, tells others to wait for beta, in the end... we're going live just like expected: SHIT.

Deleted
    Why would you want huge changes for a spec you've already gotten to know. Shaman seems like it's in a very good place at the moment, and I don't think Blizzard want to change things for the sake of changing.

10+ Year Old Account

And for the record, I'm extremely competitive when it comes to DPS, and have been for the whole expansion. Some fights obviously don't favour us but most of them I'm definitely higher than the middle of the DPS spread.
    Many progress fights even benefited greatly from Elemental stacking, such as Durumu HC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    every fucking time the same shit, someone complains, someone defends blizzard, tells others to wait for beta, in the end... we're going live just like expected: SHIT.
    Why is it "defending Blizzard" when someone happens to enjoy Shaman specs as they are and doesn't wish for major changes?

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Exactly, since Wrath. Why? Because the rotation works, and is fun. I dunno, but I've never been unhappy with our rotation. Ascendance made it even more fun in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

What are you babbling about, Elemental has been just fine and competitive throughout MoP.
    [QUOTE=miffy23;27430174]Exactly, since Wrath. Why? Because the rotation works, and is fun. I dunno, but I've never been unhappy with our rotation. Ascendance made it even more fun in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yet it's always low on the dps. Fun doesn't kill bosses and wiping is not fun. Also having to be gcd locked with so many Cd's on the gcd is oh so much fun, amirite?

He said he does not care what his dps is so long as it is higher than other Elemental shaman. Or in other words I do not care if I am a midget, as long I am the tallest midget.

Deleted
    Many progress fights even benefited greatly from Elemental stacking, such as Durumu HC.
    I said it on another thread, 4-set Lava Beam Wall Melter duty was good times <3

And for the record, I'm extremely competitive when it comes to DPS, and have been for the whole expansion. Some fights obviously don't favour us but most of them I'm definitely higher than the middle of the DPS spread, at the same time as getting tasty rankings. So I don't really feel like we're bad. Perhaps I'm just better than the average elemental shaman? Who knows. But that's all secondary to me.

The spec is good fun to play, so I play it, and I get the most out of it.
    You are missing the point you said you don't care what the dps was like . You came out and basically said this. If the normal dps for mage is 500K and the normal DPS for and elemental shaman is 400K I am cool with my class as long as I can do 401K because I am not judging my DPS on what a mage can do. I am judging my dps on what other elemental shaman can do, and as long as I beat other elemental shaman I am happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=sidenorna;27430216]

- - - Updated - - -

Yet it's always low on the dps. Fun doesn't kill bosses and wiping is not fun. Also having to be gcd locked with so many Cd's on the gcd is oh so much fun, amirite?

He said he does not care what his dps is so long as it is higher than other Elemental shaman. Or in other words I do not care if I am a midget, as long I am the tallest midget.
    Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Elemental and Enhancement have both been completely competitive throughout MoP, Enh even in the Top 3 or so theoretical at some points. Far from low on the dps.

If you're consistently doing poorly the issue might be you, not the class. Just saying.

Deleted
    Numbers can be easily tuned. You don't need to overhaul whole class to increase DPS.

Deleted
    You are missing the point you said you don't care what the dps was like . You came out and basically said this. If the normal dps for mage is 500K and the normal DPS for and elemental shaman is 400K I am cool with my class as long as I can do 401K because I am not judging my DPS on what a mage can do. I am judging my dps on what other elemental shaman can do, and as long as I beat other elemental shaman I am happy.
    Pretty much that, yeah. But even so, you can't just pluck numbers out of the air.

I mean, if you're 100k DPS behind a mage on single target then this is likely a you problem rather than a shaman problem. If you're 100k behind a mage on a fight where you can spam Chain Lightning then it's definitely a you problem. If you're 100k behind a mage on a fight where you have to target swap then that is perfectly fine because shaman is not built for that environment.

But this is all a side-note anyway. My original point was regarding the enjoyment of shaman mechanics. Not numbers.

I think Shamans are in a good place, overall. Dunno whats with all the whining

All three of the specs have their uses and strong points. Elemental is ok (imho, could be a bit stronger) and Enhance is doing pretty solid.

Think Shammys just need some QoL improvements here and there, maybe touch the totem system a bit and improve on it - and that's it. I don't see a reason for any "major" overhauling people seem to be crying for.

Outside maybe some number issues, which are being addressed in WoD, i quite enjoy the Shaman as a class.

Edit: Some people seem very angry lol - if you`re under the impression that it's gonna be "SHIT" and it's always been "SHIT" like "every expansion shammys turn out shit" etc. , maybe you should re-roll a different class?

I mean, if you`re (clearly) not enjoying the class..why not try something else? Just sayin`.
    Last edited by Razhiel; 2014-06-03 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    Edit: Some people seem very angry lol - if you`re under the impression that it's gonna be "SHIT" and it's always been "SHIT" like "every expansion shammys turn out shit" etc. , maybe you should re-roll a different class?

I mean, if you`re (clearly) not enjoying the class..why not try something else? Just sayin`.
    ^ This.

It's funny because if someone is still playing a shaman even though they think the numbers are bad, then they must obviously enjoy the class. Which is the point I've been making - it's a fun class If one is only interested in raw numbers and doesn't care about what the class mechanics are, then they should indeed reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTclassed View Post
    When have shamans ever gotten a major overhaul? Biggest one we got was some totem timer adjustments
    Vanilia->TBC - they have ruined Enh Shaman 2H, turn off WF proccing, changed Shaman from most OP class in the game to the weakest one

You are all just being loud and ungrateful. We don't even have a single problem or quality life issues. Everything is so perfect, we never ever need a slightest change.
    Maybe except new icons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was talking about mechanics. Shaman is one of the most stable classes there's ever been in recent years. Numbers are easy to fix if they wanted to, so who cares about that? As long as the gameplay is fun then I don't care where I come on the DPS meter as long as I beat all the other elemental shaman in the world (although for the record, I am generally rather high anyway)
    The mechanics are stable because they're ridiculously simple. While nearly every caster has moved into a dual resource set up, Shaman are still utilizing WotLK mechanics. The issue isn't viability, the issue is design. Our talents are clunky and dull, and our mechanics are outdated.

I have no doubt that some people find the classic nature of Shaman gameplay to be "fun", but its important to note that other classes are getting changed and revamped constantly while Shaman gameplay is stuck in neutral. For example, the fact that Enhance can't use 2h weapons, when every other Melee hybrid can use both 2h and DW without a problem. Why are totems still on their vanilla based elemental lockout? Why are shocks still on a shared CD?

These are problems that a revamp could address and make the class better. For example, you think Enhance is fun now? Imagine Enhance with modern class mechanics, and Blizzard's experience with Death Knights and Monks directing the spec into a more focused hybrid Melee design.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2014-06-03 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgeous Sushi View Post
    Why would you want huge changes for a spec you've already gotten to know. Shaman seems like it's in a very good place at the moment, and I don't think Blizzard want to change things for the sake of changing.
    Sometimes a spec/class needs refreshing though. New expansions should bring about new ways to play the class (not 180 degree changes but still), shamans have been pretty much the same for 3 expansions in a row, give or take a couple of cooldowns. Without change there can't be progression... and there will always be people who will (dis)like it. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. At this point I'd be happy if they even announced icon changes lol.

Eh, i say we need more self-survivability.. just saying Mage's are supponsed to be the squishiest class by design, but that role is by far our role as Shaman's ingeneral, we're glass-cannons we hit and do alot if left unchecked, althrough our self-survivability is smaller than all the other classes, somewhat concerned about the healing-changes and how Mental Quickness change will work when only WoD items have INT on em for Enchancement's spellpower and so on, personaly i play Enchancement because i feel Elemental is too procc/gear dependant to get their damage off insta-lava burst hits, granted Enchancement does pretty much have the best burst in the game by far but after that it just isnt all that impressive, and you die easily.

Also, Level 45 talent is only ever usefull for PVP if you pick Call of the Elements and Windwalk Totem >.>, aka you need another Talent
    for the previous one to even be worth mentioning.

I am content with ele rotation could add EB baseline to ele, BUT our talents are so stupid and boring, totem tier is worthless and healing tree is awful too for dps with 1 option only , In fact they put in our talent tree 6-or 7 talents witch we had previously while other hybrids got almost everything new and upgraded old talents, and our talents are if you dont pick 1 YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG,