Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Yes, we need more.

For me the Horde faction is not complete without the Ogres and Rexxar.
    I think Ogres are just too big. But heres an idea. Guess what group of semi-ogres arent near extinction anymore due to Draenor? Mok'Nathal would be an epic race to add to the Horde.

Need? No. However unlike classes, new races don't really change anything as far as gameplay goes, so its one of the easier things to add. Personally add all the races you want, add all the customization you want. Too much choice and differentiation has never been something that drug down MMO's.

I think they missed a golden opportunity in Warlords to give Horde Ogres and Alliance uncorrupted Arrakoa. Do that, and the only other combo I could see would be Horde Naga and what, maybe Alliance High Elves (in whatever xpac they have Azshara in). I think that would make everyone happy.

One more class would be ideal as well, to fill that suspiciously vacant third mail wearer slot. Blademaster maybe? Spellbreaker? Demon Hunter could work too, but it would have to be a grand departure from the Illidan-style DH in order to avoid huge overlap. Do something with them like the change from Old Horde DKs to Scourge DKs.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need anymore. But I like when they add new races. I prefer classes over races though.

Maybe one more race, but not more. There already too much races in the game and there is limited time to develop each one. Assets needed to make new race should be instead assingned to create more plots tied to existing ones, more customization to them etc.

Dunno would like more races, since customization for our characters is rather low. Seems like anymore the main choice is race + color of said race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes we do

I would like another race each, maybe something like orges for the horde, and timbermaw for the alliance, and a faction only class each. Then I would be in the, "No more please," camp
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Nah, just develop what we have. Write some fanfic if you want to RP as a murloc-harpy hybrid assassin infiltrating the trust of the Druids of the Stick for the True Horde. The In-Game lore for several races needs a lot of work and attention that I'd prefer not be devoted to other ex-rep mobs.

edit: If anything regarding "new races" being added is to be considered, it should be sub-races like Mag'Har orcs, Dark Iron & Wildhammer Dwarves, High Elves, etc.
    Last edited by Redlokyldoreifanggore; 2014-06-06 at 09:20 PM.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

No one needs variety. WoW would be fine with just humans or just orcs. Still, variety is good.

My main concern is with having dozens of different models/skeletons with hundreds of skins.

Right now we have 13 races of two genders each for a total of 26 different models/skeletons to animate, armor to adjust, etc.

Adding one new race for each faction would increase the total to 15 races for a whopping 30 different models.

2 new starting zones
    4 new models (male/female of each)
    80 skins
    40+ customizable elements (hair color, etc.)

If it doesn't fit into the expac (and I can't think of any but ogres that fit this expac) then variety for variety is awesome, but a LOT of work for not much reward.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2014-06-06 at 09:23 PM.

No, perhaps ogre because of warcraft tradition, and the fact that there already are ogres in the horde, just not playable.

But the rest would just be stretching it and creating new lore to fit them in. The spacegoats ended up having some great lore (some of the best if you ask me), but it was a stretch to get them accepted. Worgen were well...a short side story and all the sudden you have them in the game. That was a big stretch too.

The reason that the spacegoats were successful was because you basically had a whole expansion revolve around them. There was a ton of lore there. They haven't done that since.

They could have done high elves, but they screwed that up with the whole blood elf thing.

I love new races, give me Ogres, but maybe subraces makes more sense ? They don't need new starting zones and big story, easier to make because it's basically a skin. So we can we can have 1\2 subrace per big patches instead 1\2 race per 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deathgrinder View Post
    Define "Need".

Personally I love more options.
    By "need," I meant for you to continue playing or for the game's audience to grow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    I love new races, give me Ogres, but maybe subraces makes more sense ? They don't need new starting zones and big story, easier to make because it's basically a skin. So we can we can have 1\2 subrace per big patches instead 1\2 race per 2 years.
    I like that idea a lot. I would love to play as a Dark Iron Dwarf or a Wildhammer Dwarf instead of a plain ol' Ironforge Dwarf, myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Ogres, harpies, ethereals... there are lots of races in WoW that haven't been made playable at this time... but do we really need any more?
    Sarciastly speaking, of course. They must ALL be playable! And we must make an international law that all people have to play WoW just so there is enough of each an every race being played in game! (And watch Blizz never stop wetting themselves over that sudden level of profit.)

Realistically though, nah, there's already plenty to choose from and not sure many would work all that well as playable.

Deleted
    I like new races that brings something to Horde-Alliance relations.

I would like to see some Ogre clans uniting under one banner(ofc not all clans but 3-4 to make their population important lore-wise) and joining Horde. Vol'jin promises them Dire Maul for their loyality to the Horde which would mean another great Horde-Alliance conflict in Kalimdor.

or

Furbolgs finally having enough Goblins davastating environment in Azshara and Orgrimmar cutting trees in Northern Kalimdor so Furbolg uncorrupted tribes asks Night Elves and Alliance for help in fighting with Goblins and rest of the Horde. and yes another Horde-Alliance conflict in Northern Kalimdor and NE finally showing their might known from WC3.
    +Revamped Timbermaw Hold would be cool as new racial capital.

so well, yes for races that would bring something to Horde-Alliance relations. That are sharing interest with one of the faction. That could bring more war to Warcraft.

but no to races like Pandas or Draenei(or possible Vyrkul, Arrakoa or Ethereal) that doesnt have any influence in Horde/Alliance politics.
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2014-06-07 at 02:26 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No more new races please,
    But instead customisation improvement and sub-races to our current ones. Yes plz.

Earn skins through levelling/questing/garrison development

Access skins at the barber.

Dwarf: Dark Iron/Wildhammer
    Troll: Zandalari/pygmy
    etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Ogres, harpies, ethereals... there are lots of races in WoW that haven't been made playable at this time... but do we really need any more?
    why not? At the end of the day, races are just fluff and cosmetic (yeah, yeah, for like 0.1%, racials make a 'difference', but in the grand scheme of things.... they really don't). I'd like for them to go ahead and put more races in, and I'd like for them to do like Everquest - remove racial restrictions from all classes. You want to be an undead paladin? Go right ahead. Gnome shaman? Sure, why not.

The players of this game are supposed to be heroes, those who do exceptional things. Forcing the heroes to fit within a racial stereotype goes against that.

New classes, otoh, absolutely not. New classes create way too many balance problems
    Last edited by drakonblayde; 2014-06-06 at 10:45 PM.

I want my murloc warrior