Fire mage having trouble with hunters in general

As the title says I suck against hunters, any other class is fine but those damn arrows man.

Any tips?? Granted I'm undergeared but standing no chance at all does not feel right.

Any help is appreciated, thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Deleted
    Spec frost!

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Spec frost!
    I'm not a huge fan of Frost, granted it plays well it's just not as interactive for me, plus, who doesn't like burning shit?
    And yet here we are.

Equal gear and skill, Hunters destroy Mages no matter the spec. I dont play fire but speaking from a frost pov the only way i have found that i have a chance is just to go balls out with all CDs. Always try to start Invis, use Alter only for 2-3 seconds at most, just enough to get out a few procs then Alter back so he doesn't have time to dispel. Use his Deterrence to polly/ring his pet and thats about all you can do really.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Equal gear and skill, Hunters destroy Mages no matter the spec. I dont play fire but speaking from a frost pov the only way i have found that i have a chance is just to go balls out with all CDs. Always try to start Invis, use Alter only for 2-3 seconds at most, just enough to get out a few procs then Alter back so he doesn't have time to dispel. Use his Deterrence to polly/ring his pet and thats about all you can do really.

Hmmm Poly his pet huh? Thank you sir, these will help immensely
    And yet here we are.