Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

New Gnome Models Missing Purple Eyes?

*Cleaning up post to make the post more clearer*

New Gnome models are missing purple eyes. Face #1 should suppose to have purple eyes on the new models, but since BlizzCon 7+ months ago, it has been changed to purple and there has not been any images or posts about it being purple again or why they changed it or if it was an error.

Locked the thread, this thread has turned a little too much towards the wrong behavior. We do not agree on flaming attitudes or rude commenting. - Gehco
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-04 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow people will really freak out about anything.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

It's not even beta yet. This complaint is premature.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Just shut the fuck up with these pointless complaints. I take my new models and you can stay and play on your cubeguy if you wish.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2014-06-04 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Blizzard lied, retain originality? No necessity for appearance change? Lying Again! Being forced to have to pay for appearance change.

1. Last face selection for Gnome male has no wrinkels, seem to be the youngest of them all.
      Guess what, after model update, this Gnome will have more wrinkels than some others and will not look young at all.
    2. Your Gnome has purple eyes? Guess again!

So how can they say they keep the originality?
    So how can they say there is no need for free appearance change when they change a now-young Gnome into a older Gnome face?
    .. They change eye color from purple to green, for what purpose? Why?

I love my purple-pink Gnome eyes! Why they have to change it? Want me to be forced to use old models because they felt a sudden change of heart with staying true to the ORIGINALITY of their appearance so.. we wouldn't be upset???

\\Wowhead tool used as they claim it shows your character will look like in #WoD, btw (don't say - this is alpha crap, as they are done with the Gnome model and working on others, they don't go back... they never do!)

- - - Updated - - -

They might as well just go work on the human model and say, oh you like your blond hair now? Wait for #WoD, we will change it to brown and remove any blond hair options, no blond hair! HAPPY NEWS! no purple eyes.. they just removed them.. *****!!!
    Or maybe there is more than one eye colour option in WoD and green is just the one they happened to choose for the demo?

Oh internet.

How I love how you give the ability for fucktards to complain about anything.

Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2014-06-04 at 12:34 PM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    It's not even beta yet. This complaint is premature.
    Do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

They work on something, they get it done, then they move on - they don't go back, once the model is complete, it's sent to the animators.

Please, don't give me that crap about beta alpha as that is around gameplay changes and not serious changes like model work as that's a different process.

Just look!

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

They work on something, they get it done, then they move on - they don't go back, once the model is complete, it's sent to the animators.

Please, don't give me that crap about beta alpha as that is around gameplay changes and not serious changes like model work as that's a different process.

Just look!
    And that won't be the only facial model available...

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Oh internet.

How I love how you give the ability for fucktards to complain about anything.
    Well in my experience, most problems that is around one specific race is easily ignored for years.
    One bug for Mind Flay that caused all races to beam the spell from wrong hand was fixed, except for Goblins.
    This is a bug from 2011. Still in the game. Several GM's sworn it to be fixed in patches like 3+ years ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And that won't be the only facial model available...
    Exactly, you need to pay for appearance change because they change the appearance you got used to.
    (Btw, they are not adding any new faces, they already said that on Twitter).

Young face, purple eyes - #WoD - old face, green eyes... wtf? Where is my character then?
    Okay, I can just change face.. yes.. pay money.. I guess that's what Blizzard agenda is. Ok!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by master po View Post
    do you think their working progress is to jump back and forward? No.

Just look!
    oh no my new character model has more details such misfortune

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    oh no my new character model has more details such misfortune
    Re-read the post, purple eyes are gone. Green eyes is now green.

What if your character had blond hair? And they changed it to black, and they removed option to have blond hair? Would that be fine?

Deleted
    I think you need to go outside and get some fresh air, this is a bit silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I think you need to go outside and get some fresh air, this is a bit silly man.
    People get silly about things, are you here to maintain all things that you find silly.. and keep them quiet? Don't do that.
    Thing is, I like my Gnomes purple eyes, now when they have already removed them and changed them into green, it's upsetting.

As of right now, many of the distinct facial features come from the face texture (not from the model itself). That is why many of the original faces come in a great variety of styles. With the new character models, the actual model of the face will dictate the facial features (such as the eye, nose, mouth shapes). With this being done, many of the new faces will end up looking more similar to each other than their older counterparts (just look at female gnome for example).

The only way for the new character model faces to look fairly identical to their older counterparts is if blizzard decides to make a new face model for each of the different faces. Not only would that end up being more work, but I would assume they would have to rig them for animation separately as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome View Post
    As of right now, many of the distinct facial features come from the face texture (not from the model itself). That is why many of the original faces come in a great variety of styles. With the new character models, the actual model of the face will dictate the facial features (such as the eye, nose, mouth shapes). With this being done, many of the new faces will end up looking more similar to each other than their older counterparts (just look at female gnome for example).

The only way for the new character model faces to look fairly identical to their older counterparts is if blizzard decides to make a new face model for each of the different faces. Not only would that end up being more work, but I would assume they would have to rig them for animation separately as well.
    Yet, Blizzard has only changed the core color of ones eyes, the purple eyes of the Gnome male. There is no proof of any other models had their eyes changed and if so, I'm sure some others would have noticed it and mention it.

What if I actually like purple eyes and find the identity of my character in them, eyes are very personal. So changing one from purple to green, is a big change.

Ahhh yes, this is how I felt back then when they added that stupid fucking mustache to male draenei... To their only good looking facial hair - a goatee and reasonably sized face-tentacles. But then, in some minor wotlk patch, they decided to add a fucking mustache that clips with their mouth.

I can totally feel you OP. Sad thing is that blizz won't probably give a crap about it.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are missing his point, He created his character to have a young face, one with purple eyes, But with the update, his characters current face will be given green eyes, and an old face, Ofcourse "alpha" "beta" etc etc but it could also very well stay this way.

I know it would annoy me, and probably most of you (even if you're too hardcore to admit it lol) that if you logged on and saw your character had had it's face completely changed.

TL;DR His gripe isn't the faces in WoD, it's the fact that the face he has chosen for his current character will get completely switched around, and that Blizz haven't said they will allow free re customization changes, (I believe they will)

Quote Originally Posted by Toobad View Post
    Ahhh yes, this is how I felt back then when they added that stupid fucking mustache to male draenei... To their only good looking facial hair - a goatee and reasonably sized face-tentacles. But then, in some minor wotlk patch, they decided to add a fucking mustache that clips with their mouth.

I can totally feel you OP. Sad thing is that blizz won't probably give a crap about it.
    They changed the core eye color of my main character from purple to green, two complete different colors.
    I hate green!

Deleted
    There will be an option to allow you to switch between the old models and the new ones (this was confirmed). So if you don't like the new ones then don't use them. No one is being forced into using the updated models.

Deleted
    Re-read the post, purple eyes are gone. Green eyes is now green.
    I'd like to see some official sources on this.