Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It should be. If youre not miserable youre doing OK
    What rational basis is there for you to declare that a minimum wage worker should be miserable, but you should not be? I've never seen you express any sentiment that would lead me to believe that you deserve a decent life in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Unemployment in my state requires four applications per week. His argument is weak, no one needs to go to the library every day of the month. And not all jobs require an online application, places like wal-mart, home-depot, and other big places have kiosks people can use to apply.
    What state? Because I've never seen such kiosks where I live.

It's not fact, because a person doesn't need to go to the library every single day of the month. Nor use the public transportation to go to the library every day of the month. Your numbers are shit.
    Ok let me spell it out for you since clearly your not getting it.

The more applications you put in the higher chance you have in finding a job. So to apply to place's that are not within walking distance you will need to take the bus. That is $4 both ways. Now the Library only lets you use the computer for 1hr a DAY and most applications take around 30mins. So that is 2 applications a day. To increase this amount you need to apply to other places or go to other Library's and if ether of these is not in walking distance from your home or the current Library your are at then you must spend more money to take the bus to go to these place's.

So if u want to do 14 applications via the Library a week that is $4 a day for 7 days over the course of 4 weeks. That Is just going to the Library. Now lets say you also have to use the bus to do other things like interviews and going to the store to get food.

Cutting out the trips to the library saves you around $112 a month. That is money that can be used to get a Cell Phone and Internet or hell a smart phone that has internet and you still save money.

Once again the basic math is there you just refuse to see it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    What state? Because I've never seen such kiosks where I live.
    Missouri, i seen them all the time at Target, right next to the customer care desk. They are everywhere, usually a computer or two with chairs in front of them.

Deleted
    So dont live in New York. Its a city for rich people. Mainly Wall Street traders and TV/Movie stars
    And them Africans should just move as well, get away from all the famine and what not.

Your posts are always amusing.

So dont live in New York. Its a city for rich people. Mainly Wall Street traders and TV/Movie stars
    You do know it cost money to move....ANYWHERE right?

Also if you do plan to move somewhere better make sure there is a job wanting for you there.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Missouri, i seen them all the time at Target, right next to the customer care desk. They are everywhere, usually a computer or two with chairs in front of them.
    Yep some places do have that and guess what you got to do if its not in walking distance....

Read my post above maybe you will finally get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    again the basic math is there you just refuse to see it.
    You are missing the point, which is not surprising, your argument that is someone HAS to go to the library everyday, and that's how you figured the numbers for your math equation. News flash, you don't have to go to the library 28, (29 in case of leap year ), 30, or 31 days of the month. You don't..So stop your silly argument, and move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    2$ per ride, aka 1 way, is not cheap in the long term, especially for those already on a show string budget.
    Most public bus companies offer unlimited rides monthly passes for like $50, and in some cases even less for poor people (subsidized unfortunately)

You are missing the point, which is not surprising, your argument that is someone HAS to go to the library everyday, and that's how you figured the numbers for your math equation. News flash, you don't have to go to the library 28, (29 in case of leap year ), 30, or 31 days of the month. You don't..So stop your silly argument, and move along.
    You can't read can you.

Here ill post my reply and bold some parts for you
    Ok let me spell it out for you since clearly your not getting it.

The more applications you put in the higher chance you have in finding a job. So to apply to place's that are not within walking distance you will need to take the bus. That is $4 both ways. Now the Library only lets you use the computer for 1hr a DAY and most applications take around 30mins. So that is 2 applications a day. To increase this amount you need to apply to other places or go to other Library's and if ether of these is not in walking distance from your home or the current Library your are at then you must spend more money to take the bus to go to these place's.

So if u want to do 14 applications via the Library a week that is $4 a day for 7 days over the course of 4 weeks. That Is just going to the Library. Now lets say you also have to use the bus to do other things like interviews and going to the store to get food.

Cutting out the trips to the library saves you around $112 a month. That is money that can be used to get a Cell Phone and Internet or hell a smart phone that has internet and you still save money.

Once again the basic math is there you just refuse to see it.
    Now make sure to read ALL OF IT. I am not just counting going to the library even that just that would work. If your only putting in 2 applications a week or so then there is a problem.

I could break it down to just going to the library 4 times a week if that helps its still cheaper to get a phone with internet.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-06-08 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    Most public bus companies offer unlimited rides monthly passes for like $50, and in some cases even less for poor people (subsidized unfortunately)
    You do realize the entire US agricultural economy is subsidized, and couldn't hope to function without it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because poor people would be able to afford 50 a month on their own. riiiight AT that point, it would make more sense to just let them have a cellphone with internet access. Would cost the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Good. The US' ridiculous portion sizes are in no small way contributing to the obesity epidemic.
    Once youre used to larger portions, going to small ones sucks. Youre always starving like 2 hours after you eat

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been to numerous countries where some provinces have 800/mo minimum wages, and other provinces have 200/mo minimum wages (the split isn't always the same, but you get the drift). Guess which one has less poverty? The poor people who are more motivated to be less poor because they're destitutely poor?

This is doing the same, grunt work jobs.

Most people on minimum wage in the US work two jobs, some work three. I suppose they're "lazy" and haven't earned their way?

Jesus this rhetoric is stupefyingly daft.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Once youre used to larger portions, going to small ones sucks. Youre always starving like 2 hours after you eat
    That's where discipline comes in. So its ok for you to indulge yourself but not others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cab drivers, deli owners aren't rich. You live in such a delusional world.

15+ Year Old Account
    50 bucks a month? Man how can a poor person afford that, they're supposed to be miserably destitute if they're on government assistance!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Obesity is a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The cost of a smart phone monthly plan. The smart phone provides internet and is a way for employers to contact you.

Now what one do I chose. The Bus fee that just lets me apply for jobs or the Smart Phone Plan that lets me apply for jobs and recieve calls and even sometimes a interview over the phone.

mmmmm tough choice.

Ha yeah. I get a lot of lectures on this by my father.
    I haven't managed the multimillions, but I got tired of what I was doing at one point. Took some time to think about it (omg I was living on government handouts!!!1). Decided to change career paths and start my own thing, completely unrelated to what I was previously doing. Worked ridiculous hours, sometimes 100+ per week. But, that didn't matter, because I knew why I was working.

That path was available to me because of government and family support. In other words, I had a safety net from two sources.

So I just SMH and /facepalm when I see arguments like those going on in this thread.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.