Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Wait, don't you need to pick a side in order to leave the starting island?

is time repeating itself?

he cant do BG's, he cant do pet battles, he did not leave the island.

he stayed on it and farmed herbs and mines.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzycakes View Post
    He levels through battle pet queues
    He levels through gathering. It's not possible to pet battle on the island as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Lockdown View Post
    Wait, don't you need to pick a side in order to leave the starting island?
    You do. He hasn't left.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    is time repeating itself?

he cant do BG's, he cant do pet battles, he did not leave the island.

he stayed on it and farmed herbs and mines.
    That's so stupid. Omg, now I can see how a wow player's hell would look like - forced to level for eternity off ore nodes and herbs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    what if you tried this with RAF? can't you summon your friends to other places with RAF?

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    what if you tried this with RAF? can't you summon your friends to other places with RAF?
    Once one person leaves the isle the party breaks, you are no longer on the same faction and cannot use it to summon. As for 170 days back before I'd say level 55 I used to afk a lot more on the isle before people started hearing what I was doing and accusations started, I basically now only try to log on the character if I'm going to be actively doing something, because god forbid someone message me and I take a few minutes to respond. But yeah, generally now when I'm on I try not to leave the computer for long. There's a wow insider interview from about Feb that explains about the leveling process. 17 more days to 90!

10+ Year Old Account
    He gather herbs. Lots and lots of herbs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I genuinely hope he gets some kind of cool title fr this, like "The Neutral" or something... Would be so very fitting.
    "The Hopelessly Bored"
    Putin khuliyo

It would have been more interesting as a mage (portals) or monk (the zen teleport thing). Not sure if mages have faction neutral portals tho (tolbarad??)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It would have been more interesting as a mage (portals) or monk (the zen teleport thing). Not sure if mages have faction neutral portals tho (tolbarad??)
    If he was mage, there wouldn't be any portals either - they are faction based.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This is how fast leveling should be in WoW. Just like Vanilla hitting max level should be an accomplishment. This is why players are deserting this game in droves for serious titles like Wildstar, and leaving WoW to the casual infants and bots that make up its rapidly diminishing population.

Deleted
    its amusing how people come up with the silliest things in these threads.

there is no way to leave the isle whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    All you had to do was google the name.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7137846?page=1
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...t_80_tomorrow/

Guess he's been doing it for a while, must be some epic boredom there, I can't imagine.
    And I thought completing bigger bag pre-account-wide was boring, but he has taken grinding to a whole new level.
    Good for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Hold on! Can this guy queue for battlegrounds or raids or dungeons? Since that's an automatic thing through the interface buttons, so he doesn't need to leave the starting area to do it, does he?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Hold on! Can this guy queue for battlegrounds or raids or dungeons? Since that's an automatic thing through the interface buttons, so he doesn't need to leave the starting area to do it, does he?
    No, both is only available after you finished the pandaren questline.

Deleted
    He have said in several forum posts that he is only leveling through herbalism because it took to long for him to shift in and out of ghost wolf when mining. He cant do anything else than gather herbs to gain levels.

Side note: 1 hour ago he earned the achievement Bushels and Bushels, which you have to gather 100.000 herbs to get. That's pretty intense o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I don't think you can until you leave the starter zone.

Basically, he roams the Wandering Isle, day after day, picking flowers.

Just picture it!

Now there is one guy who is NOT waiting for the turtle!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    He levels through gathering. It's not possible to pet battle on the island as far as I know.

I see, my apologies for false information!

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I just feel amazed about the patience of this player.

Has must really be stubborn to try this. Herbing and Mining doesn't bring that much XP at higher level if I recall. Though, he is a pandaren and there's 1 working inn if I remember right. There he can get rested, which is much more rested than other races.

But still, demands a lot of patience and most likely being bored.
    I don't know if the level of the node you mine/herb affects the XP you get from it. But I did level two characters from 85-88 solely via mining and herbing in Pandaria at the start of MoP. It was not quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Earned the achievement Power Overwhelming for 10 points. 5/20/2014

It's hard to tell. I think you can actually enter before 90 in ToES, and he was probably just prancing around just staying alive, while being carried. Or it was just another character on his accounts.
    As for affiliation, not sure where you can verify that.

@above posters: no, the raid tab shows up at lvl 90 on armoury, afaik.
    A pandaren has to pick a faction to leave the starter area, so he can't go to the raid.
    Summons also don't work because he can only group with other characters that haven't picked a faction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    I don't know if the level of the node you mine/herb affects the XP you get from it. But I did level two characters from 85-88 solely via mining and herbing in Pandaria at the start of MoP. It was not quick.
    Get a highlevel characters and mine/herb something in elwynn or durotar, you will get like 10 xp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I just feel amazed about the patience of this player.

Has must really be stubborn to try this. Herbing and Mining doesn't bring that much XP at higher level if I recall. Though, he is a pandaren and there's 1 working inn if I remember right. There he can get rested, which is much more rested than other races.

But still, demands a lot of patience and most likely being bored.
    Pandaren don't get more rested afaik

Monks get their bonus xp, but thats from a daily quest(also a normal quest every 10 levels)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!