Quick challenge mode Frost question

For gems, I'm thinking Exp(hit)+Haste is best for the reds.

Is pure int better than haste?

edit: also, what are some generally good glyphs to use?
    Last edited by Ralikon; 2014-06-01 at 07:33 AM.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

As far as I'm aware, all classes are much better gemming and maximizing their primary stat (int/agi/str) than any secondaries at 463 ilvl. There is this useful spreadsheet made by a multiple world first CM monk tank (not me) which agrees.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=3

Edit: Upon review, not all of the classes are this way, but Warlocks and Frost Mages are. I personally Warlock in CMs with 6 realm bests, and my CM set uses pure int (and always did before I found this spreadsheet) based on simcraft.
    Last edited by Aethilus; 2014-06-01 at 07:44 AM.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Ok, and as far as hit goes I'm assuming reforge all of it out of secondaries and taking just pure Int gems?

edit: oh nice awesome spreadsheet
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    honestly, if you're not going for server firsts etc, it doesn't matter, i did my CM's in fire gear with fire gems and was top dps and got all golds with decent times.

Yeah you wanna maximise red gem sockets for pure int, and reforge for 15% hit. Glyphs, I take Ice lance all the time ofc, Cone of Cold is really good too, 3rd glyph you can take IV or water ele, I usually just glyph my elemental so its always in pet freeze range and not hanging really far back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You'll use splitting ice, icy veins and water elemental for CMs unless going for RFs where double blink or CoC glyph sometimes see use.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    As far as I'm aware, all classes are much better gemming and maximizing their primary stat (int/agi/str) than any secondaries at 463 ilvl. There is this useful spreadsheet made by a multiple world first CM monk tank (not me) which agrees.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=3

Edit: Upon review, not all of the classes are this way, but Warlocks and Frost Mages are. I personally Warlock in CMs with 6 realm bests, and my CM set uses pure int (and always did before I found this spreadsheet) based on simcraft.
    Thanks for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    You'll use splitting ice, icy veins and water elemental for CMs unless going for RFs where double blink or CoC glyph sometimes see use.
    I don't see what RF times have to do with CoC glyph. It's always a good choice for AoE. IV isn't needed unless you're a troll, you don't have enough haste in CMs for frostbolt to go under a second during Lust+Unglyphed IV I don't think. I take it though so I can stack Zerking with it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You sometimes use CoC glyph for aoe in a few spots where you don't want mobs left alive when you're done with whatever boss. First boss of gate of the setting sun is one such instance. I'd sometimes run CoC to aoe because we needed everything dead before going to the next pull, then switch it out for WE after. It's also good if your tank is the weak link and eventually dies on big pulls.

Most of the time CoC glyph is just pad since your tank should kill all trash in RF groups and all you're really there for is time warp, 5% crit and burst boss or specific target damage. Glyphed IV is pretty large coupled with frozen orb when you pull a boss plus 10 trash mobs and are spamming ice lance for 10 globals in a row.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

I put in a lot of time on my gear set for frost mage, have a few realm best titles on it, and tbh unless your realm is extremely competitive, don't think it matters all that much. the realm best groups I was in beat times by a lot, minutes, and the gems and gear didn't have much to do with it compared to having a great tank, good group comp, and a solid strat.

I don't use hit on any gems though, none of my cm gear has a blue socket. I put as much hit as possible on my gear so that it doesn't scale away, use int gems for red sockets and int/haste for yellow. water elemental glyph is pretty important and a must have since your w.e. is stupid very often and out of freeze range.

Deleted
    I'm going full Intellect in red sockets and Intellect/Haste in yellows, I'm always using Icy Veins and Ice Lance glyph, I switch between double blink and Water Elemental glyph