Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Looks great, glad to see Readiness go really. Wasn't a fan of reduced CD's, I like them being at a certain point. So yay for changes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YumYum View Post
    Seems like it will be a neutered version of the D3 itemization.
    I was thinking the same thing. A couple of them are right out of D3.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

To the people complaining about these being boring...do tell, what would you have wanted instead?

I fail to see how they COULD make them more interesting without adding silly effects to attacks like unicorns damaging your targets for this and that much or crap like that.
    Either way, I'm not bothered. Would've been just as happy with the old stat system, but I bet it being revamped can give the "This game used to be HARD!!"-crowd something new to spout.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Wow... 4 minor stats? I find these new stats incredibly underwhelming.

Also, look at these qualifiers:

Movement Speed: - "we’ll be keeping the maximum benefit you can get from it fairly low—we want it to feel like a fun bonus when you get it, but not a large increase to character power."

Avoidance - "soften the blow of AoE attacks a bit, but not allow you to just stand in the fire."

So at least 2 of the 4 are going to be arbitrarily limited in their power. I read these as "they're on gear but it really won't make much difference to how you play, nor will you notice the benefit all that much."

Why bother?
    They might just have been given the term "minor" for a reason. Imagine that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd sell me even more on the garrisons.

Hmm.. Not sure how to feel about all this to be honest, Amplify feels like it could've been a stat akin to bonus armor and spirit to me i.e only on rings, necks and the like as opposed to just a trinket as a viable second choice for all 3 roles.

Also sad to see readiness shelved for now. Think there's a bit too much class diversity to make it an easy to play with stat though. It's literally good for every spec and hard to put it somewhere in small enough quantities so it doesn't make you super overpowered. Maybe make it a consumable/enchant option instead would be ok? Flask of Readiness would be lurvly.

i really honestly dont understand why they are so pushy about puting in 5th secondary stat - they had so much problems with readiness then they should just scrap it and leave it with hast/crit/mastery/multistrike intad pushingi n strange versatility which is just bland remake of amplify which seems to be failed -_- in previous builds amplify was stat to go now it iwll be versatility with bland % increase -_- andi n 2 month they will say ye versatility is failed and we introduce new "wonder-stat-of-awesomness" - what would be so bad about having only 3 or 4 secondary stats on gear i dont get it -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    apart from multistrike they shelved everything cool.

Versatility sounds incredibly boring. If it's the best DPS stat, you just get free damage reduction on top. If it's not, you take more damage than classes who do have it as their best stat. And of course a stat that's just a direct % damage increase isn't very fun. Same problem with mastery for lots of classes already, which is basically the same as what Versatility is going to do. Examples of masteries that are basically the same as Versatility without the damage mitigation:
    Emberstorm(destruction)
    Master of Beasts(beast mastery)
    Essence of the Viper(survival)
    Frozen Heart(frost DK)
    Master Demonologist(demonology)
    Enhanced Elements(enhancement)
    Dreadblade(unholy DK)
    Potent Afflictions(affliction)
    Hand of Light(retribution)
    Granted, most of those only affect a major part of the specs damage and not all of it, but they're all boring % damage increases(there's other ones as well) to some/most of the stuff the spec does.

I really hope the minor stats are VERY minor in terms of numbers, because otherwise they won't feel like bonuses but just like thunder/warforged on live, like the BiS and anything other than a trifecta of combat-infuencing(so not Indestructible) minor stats sort of sucks. And no, they're not "just bonuses" when they influence combat in a meaningful way, just like dailies at the start of MoP weren't "bonuses".

^^ same thing I posted on the official website. I really hope they just get rid of Versatility just like they did with Amplify.

versatility seems like it will be kind of op for a dk tank stacking it along side mastery. lets say you have 25% versatility you'll have 12.5% damage reduction, 25% bigger heals on death strike and a 50% bigger absorb shield from mastery assuming it would double dip

stack versatility to win at heroics

It sounds pretty cool to me.

Indestructible must be my favourite one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them, glad that Readiness died the death we were all expecting, but it's been replaced with Versatility, which seems to be just as problematic, but for the exact OPPOSITE reason... Readiness was just a little to niche, Versatility on the other hand is just TOO freaking strong.

But I'm guessing it'll be far easier to control without reforging or gemming allowing people to just stack Versatility, so they can make sure that there isn't enough of it available on gear to become a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0ev0lution View Post
    versatility seems like it will be kind of op for a dk tank stacking it along side mastery. lets say you have 25% versatility you'll have 12.5% damage reduction, 25% bigger heals on death strike and a 50% bigger absorb shield from mastery assuming it would double dip

Yeah, I would not be surprised at all if they will run into huge problems with the additional stats in the beta. The entire class balance is way too fragile...

Deleted
    It’ll be especially attractive to hybrids who want to feel more “hybridy.”
    Really, Blizzard? Super. Let's have all classes do everything! This will not be unbalanced in PvP, at all. Nope. *shakes head*

Imagine a Boomkin that already heals for a lot - and stacking Versatility. Yay. We might as well just delete all classes and stick to one, no?

Quote Originally Posted by femur68 View Post
    Versatility sounds terribly boring. Honestly what they should do instead is let versatility be converted into any secondary stat you choose. So if you have 500 versatility and your class likes crit, you can turn it into crit to bolster yourself. Kind of like reforging, but in a stat instead of a vendor. It's not too much more exciting than blizzs idea of versatility, but it's still better than a flat % increase across the board imo.

This is actually a brilliant idea! Wish they would do that instead!

1/2 to 2/3 of these new stats range from boring to "everyone will hate when this is on their gear"

it woulda been better if they just retired hit/exp/dodge/parry and left it at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    stack versatility to win at heroics
    I think most people are forgetting that you won't be able to reforge in WoD, and sockets are going to be rarer, so the ability to stack a specific stat is going to be a lot less than it is now. How much we all get to stack will depend mostly on what is on the gear we have available, so they can limit how much each class has access to by controlling how many different pieces in a tier have that.

I agree with the people who say versatility should be removed though, I don't really see the point to it. Everything they've said about secondary stats and why they are removing things like hit/expertise is because they are boring and then they add in versatility which is literally just a passive bonus. Of course you get passive bonuses from other stats but at least with things like haste and crit you have breakpoints to aim for or whatever. There is some interaction with those stats and how you play, while there is none with versatility. Just seems to go against everything they've said and seems likely to be there just because they are set on having 5 secondary stats (probably because they've already budgeted and started balancing with that in mind).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Hate the way they've ripped off Overload from Shaman and given it to everyone :<
    My first thought exactly!

Can someone explain how Versatility will not end up having same problems mentioned for Amplify?