Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

The Guardian Cub Heading into the Blizzard Archive

Dev Watercooler - Stat Updates for Warlords of Draenor

Warlords Dark Portal, June 3 Hotfixes, Blue Tweets, Azeroth Choppers, Final Boss #45

The Guardian Cub Heading into the Blizzard Archive
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In approximately two weeks (no sooner than June 18), the titanically cute Guardian Cub will vanish from the Battle.net Shop and head into hiberation in the Blizzard Archive. If you’ve been thinking about adopting this in-game pet, now’s your chance before it's no longer available for purchase.

To pick up this pet or learn more about how it differs from other purchasable companions, visit the Battle.net Shop here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, thats a first, and surprising. I wonder why they are discontinueing it, to cause a sudden rush of last minute sales?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Huh, thats a first, and surprising. I wonder why they are discontinueing it, to cause a sudden rush of last minute sales?
    Sounds like it. Why else discontinue a digital item?

Deleted
    Instead of putting WoW beta out, they send out a message to get more $$$...... sigh

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    That was an experiment for BoE shop items, technically they wanted to check if people would buy gold for real money.

Bizzare. Wonder why they are removing it. Maybe they don't want the store to get too big?

Probably by now whoever wanted the pet already bought it, and it had the least ongoing sales on recent discounts. I suspect it's a last resort milking to the item to encourage those who never wanted it to begin with to have a second thought.

This makes no sense, why do this? Is it because it's the only pet you can sell ingame?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmow View Post
    Instead of putting WoW beta out, they send out a message to get more $$$...... sigh
    Marketing team and Dev team, 2 completely different teams, your complaint is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilor View Post
    This makes no sense, why do this? Is it because it's the only pet you can sell ingame?
    Most likely. As someone else said, they stated it would be an experiment.

Deleted
    Obviously its to generate some income.
    Screw you Blizzard

It will be back.

If you tell people something is in limited supply and will be discontinued, you are artificially making it a 'rare' item. This will cause an influx of new sales. Once it is removed, they will then get an influx of 'complaints' that people couldn't buy it at the time and its not fair that some have it and some don't. So to appease the masses they will 'reluctantly' place it back in the Blizzard Store. But re-introduce it as some sort of item you can buy with the 'Recruit-a-Friend' tokens.

It's called the Disney technique. Better buy Snow White on Blueray before it's locked in the Disney vault "forever"!...again

It's just them trying to make a quick buck on items that are probably low in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    Sounds like it. Why else discontinue a digital item?
    Digital Items consume bandwidth and hold (virtual) space, and if sales are that low it might not even be worth maintaining.

Deleted
    Blizzard sending a clear response to all the AH farmers...we dont want you to earn Money on our items. I wouldn´t be surprised to see Black Market AH and AH getting super extreme overhaul before WoD. Blizzard also use an old sales strategy. Buy it now or... cant believe the Americans always fall for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I viewed it on the store, and instead of it showing a price it just said "Learn More" I went to the choose my character and again it didn't show a price. Finally, I got to where it says "confirm your purchases" and lists the details, and again, it didn't display any cost at all. What's with that?

Edit: Nevermind, it's $10.00.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-06-04 at 05:24 PM.

Blizzard is no officially greedy. There is no need for this change except to increase the demand and boost the sales. Shame on you Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Digital Items consume bandwidth and hold (virtual) space, and if sales are that low it might not even be worth maintaining.
    Haha, you can't be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Since the pets are still in game there is no spared memory. Are you working for Blizzard? What a lame defense.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Grothrill View Post
    Blizzard sending a clear response to all the AH farmers...we dont want you to earn Money on our items. I wouldn´t be surprised to see Black Market AH and AH getting super extreme overhaul before WoD. Blizzard also use an old sales strategy. Buy it now or... cant believe the Americans always fall for it.
    Ya, unlike the rest of the sophisticated and savvy world.

Seriously...try harder.