Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vereesa Windrunner deserves to be imprisoned! (Possible Spoiler!)

ALERT! SPOILERS!

Hi everyone as big lover of Warcraft lore I read the "War Crimes" novel and was VERY disappointed with Vereesa Windrunner. I liked all Windrunner sisters until now. After Theremore event she had become hate-mongering person who needs nothing else then revenge and death. She had become worse then Sylvanas and considering she is a living being free from what Sylvanas curse is, she is worse then her! She betrayed her leader (Jaina ) and her faction.

But most unfair thing she has done was towards Sylvanas, plotting Garrosh's assassination togather with her sister she got close to her opened her heart to her and so did sylvanas after so long time she felt love again (her kind of love). Then with one slam she shut her out BETRAYED her aswell as others and ran away from her breaking her promise to live with her sister and accompany her and rule with her. She didnt even go to her personally to sattle the business in person. Landing Sylvanas devastating blow and she was again betrayed again left alone. Vereesa made Sylvanas even more dark and hateful person with her actions.

What she has done in that novel she deserves to be beheaded or at least imprisoned!

P.S. one more Character (female) transformed into hate-mongering monster, thank you blizz!

Mod-note: Changed title a little. Any possible spoiler alerts should be best in the title.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-10 at 12:46 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

You should Maybe Put a spoiler on the Title for those who not read the book :3 But I kinda agree, I hate how what she did utterly ruined Sly she decided shes better off alone, and will forever close her heart off to love, meaning shes gonna be going down a dark path now... Which is sad. unless the third Windrunner, can thaw her cold heart.

She hasn't turned into a hate mongering monster at all...

Her actions were fuelled by anger and revenge. She wanted to cause the same amount of pain to Garrosh as he had inflicted on her and her family: taking her beloved from her in a cowardly and brutal way - there was just purple dust left of him and taking her children's father from them.

The fact she didn't go through with it means she saw the error of her ways and chose to forgive and try to make the best of her life with her kids.

Yes, it's unfortunate that she grew close to her sister again and had to withdraw, but that doesn't mean she needs to be imprisoned or beheaded.

P.S. one more Character (female) transformed into hate-mongering monster, thank you blizz!
    She was already a monster. Sylvanas just hardened her heart.
    If referring to Vereesa. Wow, so she hates someone who wronged her. Took away her husband. Wow you must be super forgiving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    You should Maybe Put a spoiler on the Title for those who not read the book :3
    Well in introduction i have said its about "War Crimes"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficents View Post
    She hasn't turned into a hate mongering monster at all...

Her actions were fuelled by anger and revenge. She wanted to cause the same amount of pain to Garrosh as he had inflicted on her and her family: taking her beloved from her in a cowardly and brutal way - there was just purple dust left of him and taking her children's father from them.

The fact she didn't go through with it means she saw the error of her ways and chose to forgive and try to make the best of her life with her kids.

Yes, it's unfortunate that she grew close to her sister again and had to withdraw, but that doesn't mean she needs to be imprisoned or beheaded.
    Agreed she wanted to do the same pain to Garrosh but she also had forgotten were her loyalties lie. She had allied with Horde went against pandaren law, wanted to murder accused treacherously. She had forgotten her honor and her duties. She didnt care about consensuses. Betraying alliance and attempting to kill garrosh surely deserves imprisonment in my opinion.

Wasn't Sylvanas kind of planning on murdering and raising Vereesa? It's not like she exactly needs help to be a dark and hateful person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats another issue imho, as Vereesa didnt even know about her intentions and as I said Sylvanas had her kind of love towards her. She thought is was good thing to do.

I think the fact of the matter is that Sylvanas, more so than Vereesa, needs to put away not for conspiracy to commit murder but for being crimnally creepy. "Stay with me, my Little Moon..."

Criminally. Creepy.

Vereesa regretted her actions and told Anduin about it, so I don't feel she needs to be punished (though I wish she did kill Garrosh). If anyone needs to be tried its Sylvanas ...she is insane.

Sylvanas the Lich Queen

I think the whole Vereesa and Sylvanas story line was one of the best aspects in the book. It showed how Vereesa battled her grief and anger and in the end saw what it was doing to her and possibly her children. It was her redemption story as it was also for Jaina. At the end of the novel the fear that Vereesa and Jaina went batshit crazy and would end up as villains is laid to rest. The impact of getting close to her sister on Sylvanas is interesting. What is this experience going to do to her? Drive her crazier? Make her colder and meaner? Possibly soften her demeanor now she knows she could possibly have other emotions? I have a feeling Sylvanas' story is going to be interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    ALERT! SPOILERS!

Hi everyone as big lover of Warcraft lore I read the "War Crimes" novel and was VERY disappointed with Vereesa Windrunner. I liked all Windrunner sisters until now. After Theremore event she had become hate-mongering person who needs nothing else then revenge and death. She had become worse then Sylvanas and considering she is a living being free from what Sylvanas curse is, she is worse then her! She betrayed her leader (Jaina ) and her faction.

But most unfair thing she has done was towards Sylvanas, plotting Garrosh's assassination togather with her sister she got close to her opened her heart to her and so did sylvanas after so long time she felt love again (her kind of love). Then with one slam she shut her out BETRAYED her aswell as others and ran away from her breaking her promise to live with her sister and accompany her and rule with her. She didnt even go to her personally to sattle the business in person. Landing Sylvanas devastating blow and she was again betrayed again left alone. Vereesa made Sylvanas even more dark and hateful person with her actions.

What she has done in that novel she deserves to be beheaded or at least imprisoned!

Mod-note: Changed title a little. Any possible spoiler alerts should be best in the title.
    What you're saying is since she betrayed her sister, which I'm sure was relative drama, she needs to be beheaded? You didn't explain what she did to deserve it, besides betraying her sister. When did she betray Jaina also, and why did she? Vereesa had every right to plot against Garrosh, too. I mean look at what happened to Dalaran. You left out the details of the spoiler(s). Give reasoning explaining what happened, rather than a sob situation between two family members. Otherwise, I see Vereesa as surviving.
    Last edited by DeleteThisUser; 2014-06-10 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Vereesa made Sylvanas even more dark and hateful person with her actions.
    Sylvanas really can't get any more dark and evil than she already is. The only thing to do now is to wait and see just how far Kosak is willing to let his waifu run wild until her plot armor wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does everyone feel the need to constantly kill off major women lore characters? not every character has to be a bright and cheerful 100% good guy/girl character. i think it adds to the character to not have a spotless record and it is war right?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nightbringer View Post
    Sylvanas really can't get any more dark and evil than she already is. The only thing to do now is to wait and see just how far Kosak is willing to let his waifu run wild until her plot armor wears off.
    sylvanas opened her undead heart and let her sister in. she was happy and not a complete heartless bitch.
    thanks to Vereesa now she is. another win for the alliance fans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why does everyone feel the need to constantly kill off major women lore characters? not every character has to be a bright and cheerful 100% good guy/girl character. i think it adds to the character to not have a spotless record and it is war right?
    its only allowed if the alliance has them.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    why does everyone feel the need to constantly kill off major women lore characters?
    What the hell does this have to do with anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    What you're saying is since she betrayed her sister, which I'm sure was relative drama, she needs to be beheaded? You didn't explain what she did to deserve it, besides betraying her sister. When did she betray Jaina also, and why did she? Vereesa had every right to plot against Garrosh, too. I mean look at what happened to Dalaran. You left out the details of the spoiler(s). Give reasoning explaining what happened, rather than a sob situation between two family members. Otherwise, I see Vereesa as surviving.
    What did she do ? Ill quote my own comment "Agreed she wanted to do the same pain to Garrosh but she also had forgotten were her loyalties lie. She had allied with Horde went against pandaren law, wanted to murder accused treacherously. She had forgotten her honor and her duties. She didnt care about consensuses. Betraying alliance and attempting to kill garrosh surely deserves imprisonment in my opinion."

She Allied with horde, that's one. She plotted assassination that's two. She used poison in pandaren palace where no weapons were aloud. She went against all that alliance stood for. Then when she felt guilt she just spat at Anduin that food is poisoned and then ran away. If she regretted all that she has done she should have fixed it herself not burden Anduin. And leaving sylvanas like that is even bigger mistake.

About Jaina she betrayed her when she told sylvanas that Jaina was supporting her and dragged her into this. She knew Jaina would never accept Sylvanas's help and by allying with her ment betrayal. WHY ? because she thought by killing Garrosh she should do favor to world and herself. Varessa chose to change faction and on last minute she changed her mind. THats no the actions to be treat lightly. She dishonoured herself as ranger when using poison to kill garrosh a tooltip of Assassin not ranger.

sounds like she deserves a medal

Deleted
    Didn't Sylvanas want to turn her into an undead?

Jaina and Sylvanas Two leaders who have more personality then most of the established characters in the franchise.

But lets not also forget Warlord Zaela who we will also be seeing with Shokia in WoD. The also helped orchestrate Garrosh's escape.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Garona

- - - Updated - - -

Female Chars in WoW rule

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    sylvanas opened her undead heart and let her sister in. she was happy and not a complete heartless bitch.
    thanks to Vereesa now she is. another win for the alliance fans.
    I thought her Cersei Lannister-style temper tantrum afterwards was particularly entertaining.