Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Challenge Modes in PvP gear

So, I've been wanting to get into challenge modes and get the x-mog on all my 90's but I'm on a pvp server and I only do PvP

I have 9/9 gold exp on my enhancement shaman, which I got in all pvp gear.

I just tried to do one on my warrior and was kicked from the group because I have pvp gear on, fully gemmed/enchanted, had pots/flasks/etc and I know the strategies. I also typed in chat "I'm 9/9 on enhancement in full pvp" and was then called a cunt liar

So, what do I need to do? Lol

To get a pve set for all 10 characters plus fully gemmed/enchanted and the flasks and potions that go with it would take more time and gold than I have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 9/9 on a PVP geared ele shaman. People are stupid, PVP gear is just as good as PVE gear except for bad socket bonuses (PVP power bonuses suck)
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Guess I just got a bad group then? Pugs suck

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianWRA View Post
    I did 9/9 on a PVP geared ele shaman. People are stupid, PVP gear is just as good as PVE gear except for bad socket bonuses (PVP power bonuses suck)
    And obviously overall a lot less sockets which people happen to find important for challenge modes. Obviously I am not claiming challenge modes aren't easily possible without but I can definitely see why especially a random group might not like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a pug it will happen. I usually just link achieve and never have a problem.

Well if you had PvP trinkets I'd kick you aswell. But if you had PvE trinkets then the group was just retarded. :P
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

That's what happens with pug groups in general, not just CMs. Heck, I've seen people voted out of LFR for being in pvp gear.

Decent teams will look at your sockets that's pretty much it if they want to improve there time not just get gold ... if you don't have the gear to improve on times and you just wanna get carried get a team of friends together

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Well if you had PvP trinkets I'd kick you aswell. But if you had PvE trinkets then the group was just retarded. :P
    I did it with full PvP gear minus a Garrosh Loom weapon and topped the damage on everything except where the tank could rape stuff with Vengeance. Challenge Modes aren't "challenging" in the slightest so it's really no different regardless of the gear you have.

@ OP: You just got a shit group, if you're interested in buying a boost throw me a PM.

Decent teams will look at your sockets that's pretty much it if they want to improve there time not just get gold ... if you don't have the gear to improve on times and you just wanna get carried get a team of friends together To imply Pvp gear does not effect your performance in CM is a joke its still doable but your gimping yourself and your CM team

Quote Originally Posted by Grameha View Post
    Decent teams will look at your sockets that's pretty much it if they want to improve there time not just get gold ... if you don't have the gear to improve on times and you just wanna get carried get a team of friends together To imply Pvp gear does not effect your performance in CM is a joke its still doable but your gimping yourself and your CM team
    It was a pug that was after gold runs. I'm not a slacker and I know my rotations, I do good damage. The leader inspected me when we ran the normal version of the dungeon to show someone with "gear" the tactics, we even got to the last boss and I was giving more details about how to do it than the leader himself, but when I said I had no PvE gear he decided I was a noob.

It's all right though, I got 20 charms and hit up the first tier of LFRs and I've almost got a complete set now. Very easy, almost 100% drop chances. I recommend that strategy to anyone having trouble gearing for CMs

Yeah its tuff with pugs your right tho best way to get the gear you need so pugs don't qq at you is the LFR with a million charms
    PS we all die of frustration in LFR it's a common side effect push through the pain

Quote Originally Posted by Dasir View Post
    That's what happens with pug groups in general, not just CMs. Heck, I've seen people voted out of LFR for being in pvp gear.

As they should be,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    As they should be,
    That's insane, PvP gear is exactly as good as PvE gear, with the exception of trinkets and the tiny, tiny effect some socket bonuses have.

You will not reach the potential of pve gear with pvp, it was a pug so they have the last say, in CM every socket counts (even more important that it was a pug), if you count the number of sockets you can get with pve gear and the number of sockets on pvp you will get the idea why you got kicked. Cms can be done if pvp gear, no problem, but again, you can't reach the dps/healing or tanking that you do in pve, and no most puggers don't want to carry.

Easy fix: Start the group yourself and stay leader.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedi View Post
    That's insane, PvP gear is exactly as good as PvE gear, with the exception of trinkets and the tiny, tiny effect some socket bonuses have.
    A lot of people just have no clue what they are talking about. Can't help it.
    The average PvP gear nowadays is definitely better than what most people especially in LFR are wearing.

People should be a bit reasonable. It's still a random group and obviously in a random group you can't guarantee to have reliable players. I certainly would think twice about taking my chances with a random melee in full pvp gear with a single clear that could have just as well happened against gold when I can have a ranged with the same experience and who at least makes the appearance of trying and I am pretty sure most would as well given they don't know the op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    A lot of people just have no clue what they are talking about. Can't help it.
    The average PvP gear nowadays is definitely better than what most people especially in LFR are wearing.
    ToT lfr gear is easily better than pvp gear for challenge mode content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    ToT lfr gear is easily better than pvp gear for challenge mode content.
    The person I responded to was quoting another poster that said people with PvP gear get rightfully kicked from LFR. Which is nonsense, since especially Prideful gear is more than good enough for SoO LFR.
    Was a bit Off-Topic to begin with, admittedly.

Deleted
    I did 9/9 gold cm on my priest in full pvp gear (including trinkets) and 7/9 so far on my 2nd priest also in full pvp. I even got asked to join a boosting crew because i did so well. Sadly i didn't have time at that given time to do boosting.
    But yeah, if you play good a simple gold run should be no problem, would probably mather if you went for realm first times tho.