Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Steve the Sloth's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember her name (she's in the guild 'Addiction') but I watched her stream 2 dungeons as Disc last night and the throughput was absolutely terrible, and that's understating it. Granted, she only had 502 gear and healing the dungeon got much easier when she ran the 2nd with her 580 Disc that she copied over.

i.e. average of 60k health pools, her PoH was healing for 2-2.5k and her Penance Atonement was healing from the same amount. She had to spam GH ALOT but she never really dipped below 60% mana the entire time no matter what. At certain points she even put PW:S on everybody and her mana bar didn't flinch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    i.e. average of 60k health pools, her PoH was healing for 2-2.5k and her Penance Atonement was healing from the same amount. She had to spam GH ALOT but she never really dipped below 60% mana the entire time no matter what. At certain points she even put PW:S on everybody and her mana bar didn't flinch.
    That's really scary. It looks like it will be really boring to play a healer in WoD. Spike damages made it fun when you had to be quick to save someone.

Wait and see in a raid at level 100 but I hope it will be completely different than what we can see now.

Quote Originally Posted by hiveNzin0 View Post
    That's really scary. It looks like it will be really boring to play a healer in WoD. Spike damages made it fun when you had to be quick to save someone.

Wait and see in a raid at level 100 but I hope it will be completely different than what we can see now.
    Only having encounters with spike damage is what made Disc OP and Disc played well was not reactive it was proactive, Holy is a reactive spec. If throughput is as bad as people say then how more necessary are both Disc and holy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstorm View Post
    Only having encounters with spike damage is what made Disc OP and Disc played well was not reactive it was proactive, Holy is a reactive spec. If throughput is as bad as people say then how more necessary are both Disc and holy?
    My favourite skill is the PW:S and that's not only proactive. Shielding someone who was about to die + eventually LoF, void shift is what I liked the most.

Anyway, I guess I will have to experience it by myself but seeing the bars drop slowly is not a gameplay I will like. I will probably fall asleep during an encounter if that's the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitelulz View Post
    Can you mindblast Tito's cows and get three orbs for them? I'd absolutely loathe for this to be possible and still exist in WoD raiding, since it would pretty much make it mandatory to have your whole raid use that pet. The boost in patchwerk scenarios would be highly noticable.
    I honestly hope they will just remove this, with the other tricks. ToF on pull likely still works with SWP + Ogre Pinata.

Like with Paladin (Ret / Prot esp, as Holy can not only start with max HP they can also start with Illuminated Healing and Eternal Flame up), shadow orbs will fade when OOC (= why bugs which keep you in combat are NOT necessarily bad). At a quicker rate than pre-MoP (= 1 minute, all gone, think its now 20 or 30 sec) but smoothed out (decaying over time).

Deleted
    Currently they don't fade, so you can assume that they haven't implemented it yet in this build.

It was funny watching Twintop's stream where he had so many orbs that he didn't know what to do with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Sloth View Post
    I can't remember her name (she's in the guild 'Addiction') but I watched her stream 2 dungeons as Disc last night and the throughput was absolutely terrible, and that's understating it. Granted, she only had 502 gear and healing the dungeon got much easier when she ran the 2nd with her 580 Disc that she copied over.

It isn't that her throughput is bad, the HP is higher than what we are used to seeing, so you need to cast way more spells to move it. Also disc is supposed to prevent damage not heal it up.

I've pulled some highlights from the streams the last few nights, for those interested in various parts:

What the Perk Unlocked UI Looks Like (+me geeking out about getting the Shadow Orbs perk) -- http://www.twitch.tv/twintopsoft/c/4411360
    What happens to your perks when you change spec/dual spec -- http://www.twitch.tv/twintopsoft/c/4411640
    Bloodmaul Slag Mines (Normal) as Shadow, w/Midwinter via PuG (I R baddie) -- http://www.twitch.tv/twintopsoft/c/4411779
    Soloing Gutsmash the Destroyer @92 (3 Players Recommended, he's 91+ and hits for ~12k) -- http://www.twitch.tv/twintopsoft/c/4412486
    Void Entropy Graphics -- http://www.twitch.tv/twintopsoft/c/4425671

I have copies of both of the nights saved as well, though it's ~7.5 hours total so far.

Night 1 - 2014/06/04
    Night 2 - 2014/06/05
    Night 3 - 2014/06/06

If anyone has something they want me to look at, post it here, in the Ask an Alpha Tester! thread on HowToPriest, or tweet me @TwintopTahoe and I'll check it out the next time I log in to the Alpha.
    Last edited by Twintop; 2014-06-08 at 07:56 PM.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

So many procs! Sp looks so much fun!

Hey Twintop, thank you for all the amazing alpha shadow footage! Could you please show us Void Entropy in action? If only so we can see the spell animation.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Can't wait to finally get alpha access. For those without alpha access there's this class in-game called Paladin (esp Retribution) I heard they got 5 max powah and spend 3 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Hey Twintop, thank you for all the amazing alpha shadow footage! Could you please show us Void Entropy in action? If only so we can see the spell animation.
    Requires level 100, and its also terrible for leveling, soloing, questing, dungeons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Absolutely. I'll probably use it in a dungeon if I do one tonight, or at the very least on some dummies.

I'll also play around with CoP, though I expect it to change (and thus why I haven't). I really think CoP is going to be used when out solo farming.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Requires level 100, and its also terrible for leveling, soloing, questing, dungeons, etc.
    L100 talents unlocked at 91 or 92 (I don't remember, all I know is I have it now and didn't at the start). I've been using Auspicious Spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Absolutely. I'll probably use it in a dungeon if I do one tonight, or at the very least on some dummies.

I'll also play around with CoP, though I expect it to change (and thus why I haven't). I really think CoP is going to be used when out solo farming.

L100 talents unlocked at 91 or 92 (I don't remember, all I know is I have it now and didn't at the start). I've been using Auspicious Spirits.
    Please show Void Entropy, as it really looks/sounds promising. As for CoP, I believe they clarified it to be an option, thus I do not believe it will change given that it does not force things.

10+ Year Old Account
    92 apparently. Not that it really matters. ^_^

Thanks for all the Priest alpha streaming and vids. <3

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    I agree, sorry I didn't check your stream (I don't watch streams, ever). About AS did you try some kind of multidot and kiting with it, maybe with Mindbender tank or something like that? Curious how that works for big pulls or group questing versus CoP. Which one would become better when.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I agree, sorry I didn't check your stream (I don't watch streams, ever). About AS did you try some kind of multidot and kiting with it, maybe with Mindbender tank or something like that? Curious how that works for big pulls or group questing versus CoP. Which one would become better when.
    I'm finding the procs to be too good to give up if there's a large pull (in general). Because SoD MSpikes casts can proc DI, and you don't have much of anything else to cast (SWP is much weaker, right now, than on live) when kiting, you really need those SoD procs to start killing things. One of the links I posted was of me soloing a quest mob that had a (legit, he hurts!) 3 person suggestion. Luckily I could outrun him (he was leashing, though, so there was some back and forth) and use procs to widdle him down.

If I stream tonight I'll try pulling every-all-the-things with AS and just run around like a crazy guy and see how it goes.

Usually our DoTs don't get to do much when we're killing things with others (thus why I think VEnt isn't viable outside of dungeons and raids), so I think straight nuking things down with CoP is going to be better. If there's a large group of targets that will live for 10+sec....maybe. By the time you get to your last target, you'll (hopefully) have procs to spend instead of refreshing DoTs on original targets. With Mind Spike granting DI, and DP granting SoD, and Glyph of Mind Harvest giving you 3 orbs for every initial Mind Blast...I think you'll have enough procs to keep you busy during a large pull.

As a general aside: I haven't been paying attention to mana at all, but only because it hasn't been an issue for me yet. I'm not sure what the base regen is right now, either. I'll scope this out next time I stream.

Deleted
    Hmm that is a very interesting statement you made about SWP, and that would also affect our movement DPS a bit given its instant portion. We didn't get to tuning yet, but still, that would be akin to my low level MoP experiences as Priest. Dots hit like wet noodles, but the burst components make us there one of the best single target DPS (I used SWI at 70 and SWI + DI on 80. Its hard to say, given I didn't know how well the other players were and the SV hunter almost owned me on single target (completely tore me apart on AoE in TBC). Multidot and cleave tho, were weak.

I would open up with MB/DP, dot up the targets which are not priority, and pump the MB and DP into the primary targets. I wonder how viable that is going to be for kiting + soloing, or stationary with something tanky (I suppose Mindbender wouldn't generate AoE threat, and gets hit rly hard). Imagine group of 3-5 for group 3+ quest. Tank tanks the big add / boss, you multidot the trash around the boss and pump everything in the boss. That kind of stuff. Usable in dungeons as well? In CMs you'd use CCs and heaven forbid you break it with a misplaced dot. Or maybe try such a 3+ group quest together with a BM Hunter or Warlock. With Glyph of Mind Harvest (can we just call that GoMH?) I would pump the Mind Blasts from DI on different targets (do you have this glyph already? can you see who you used it on?).

Why do you think VEnt will be viable for dungeons? As it is currently tuned it does about 7% more than the DP, but needs the full duration to gain that benefit. I don't think dungeon bosses will last that long. Trash certainly won't. I suppose it'd depend on how hard Mind Sear hits (do you have info on this?) if they bring us back to Cata levels without the off healing with a wet noodle Mind Sear I'm all for it. For sake of Glyph of Mind Blast, how much crit are you sitting on?

Mind sear hits for even less than our dots. In base gear that you get:

These are rough estimates if what I've seen:

MB hits for around 3500, same as mind spike.

SW hits around 800-900

VT hits around 700-800

Mind flay hits around 900-1100

Mind sear hits around 300

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    These are rough estimates if what I've seen:
    Are you sure about your about them? Because your relation is completely different from what the coefficients give you.

Going strictly by coefficients: VT should always be ahead of SWP, even with the perk. Mind Flay should be much closer to Mind Sear, and not to the DoTs. (22% for Sear, 29% for Mind Flay, 44% for SWP and 54% for VT).

I am. Can double check when I get home. I'll post gear stats and record it for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I mixed up SW;P and VT

Gear and stats are shown as well:

http://www.twitch.tv/dryelulz/c/4418723

Mind Blast: !4,800

SW : ~4,200

Mind Flay: ~630

DP: Hit: ~5,200 Dot Ticks: ~860

VT: ~830

SW:P : ~680

Mind Sear: ~350

On a side note, looks like now if the first DP hit crits the whole dot crits and vice versa.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt