Frost: 2H ilvl 540 vs DW 553/528

Hi,

I currently play my DK alt with a ilvl 540 2h weapon. I just got a 553 1h sword and have a 528 in the bank. What do you think gives me higher dps, 2h or dw?
    I cannot use simcraft to find out, would have to spend 4000 vp to upgrade both 1h weapons first.

Thanks in advance

Personally I would say wait until you get another 1 h weapon before changing to DW but to answer the question around 540 ilevel I believe 2 h frost still does more dps. Also keep in mind that you will need to adjust the rotation/priority when you change to DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Halx View Post
    Hi,

I currently play my DK alt with a ilvl 540 2h weapon. I just got a 553 1h sword and have a 528 in the bank. What do you think gives me higher dps, 2h or dw?
    I cannot use simcraft to find out, would have to spend 4000 vp to upgrade both 1h weapons first.

Thanks in advance
    You can use askmrrobot.com input your toon with both 1h weapons then upgrade / lock weapons on mrrobot and optimise. Once this is done you can export the results to simcraft. No need to actually change all gems and upgrade and stuff. Just get toon to how you want on mrrobot then export the results.

As others say, AMR and SimCraft is the easy way to find out, but in my personal experience that same change had higher DPS.

Thanks for all advices.
    I've done it this way and simcraft showed a small dps increase on a patchwork fight and a slightly bigger increase on helter-skelter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sim it out, but my guess is that the 553+528 combo would edge out. Especially when you upgrade the weapon to 569.

Aoe and Cleave would def be higher on the DW side though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing to consider is your own play style. Just because something is supposed to be better doesn't mean it will be for you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Can't be arsed to do the sims but I'd imagine Dual Wield would be stronger simply because the majority of your damage comes from Howling Blast, Frost Strike and Auto Attacks. With Frost Strike, the Main Hand damage component of the ability is roughly 50% stronger than the OH assuming same item levels if I'm remembering correctly. So if you had to pick a 540 MH versus a 553 MH I'd go with the later.