Deleted

Changing battlenet name?

Not quite sure if this is the right section but here we go: been very casual player the past two years. Looking to get into endgame again come WoD. Looking to upgrade two accounts with boost MoP+WoD. Before I invest Into my account been wondering, when I created even though last name is correct my first name used was a childhood nickname, if at any point ID is requested i might be stuck .

Now from what I understand, you can only change name if you use silly name like James Bond, Frodo Baggins etc and if you had legal name change.

All I need to change is my first name. What is would be best way to go about changing it, if at all possible and when I do make the request will my account be banned if the request is denied?

PS: All payments in history where made using my card, can that be used, bank statements?

I would think as long as the last name is the same, if you called them, they would help you out. They may require some sort of ID to verify. If your name is Michael and you registered as Mike, that would be np at all...but if you registered as Bubba or something completely different, they are going to most likely want legal info on you. But you should be able to answer secret questions and that sort of thing.

Good Luck! I hope it works out for you.

Oh and to add...They won't ban you, or shouldn't if really it is on the up & up. If your name is Mike Jones and the account is registered to Susie Smith, you will have issues.

I had my son's SC game attached to my battle.net account for the longest time, but he kept getting my Real ID whispers which was VERY inconvenient, so I called them and had them take the SC game off & put it on it's own battle.net account and it was NP and they were very helpful.
    Last edited by Juliana; 2014-06-06 at 08:51 AM.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/hel.../battlenet/612

Or you can call billing and explain it, which would probably be the best option.

I think all of these numbers are still relevant.

Billing, Account Services & Technical Support
    Hours: 7 AM to 8 PM Pacific Time

Phone: 1-800-592-5499
    Australia: 1-800-041-378
    New Zealand: 0-800-452-520
    Chile: 1230-020-5554
    Mexico: 001-888-578-762
    Argentina: 0800-333-0778
    Brazil: 0-800-892-1630

They'll be able to see the payment info/history, and they'll probably request an ID just to see if it matches all of that, but that's all, it shouldn't take very long at all, most of your time will probably be spent on hold.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they can do it if it's only first name, Just ring them up and explain, You should get it sorted out easily enough, good luck^^

Deleted
    That's reassuring, as for first name and nickname simularities they start with the same letter thats about it When you say legal info what exactly does that entail ?

All I can think off being asked are account questions, ID request, maybe bank statement snippet showing past charge. But yes I will be fine, going to give them a call.

Thanks !
    Last edited by mmoc5666a87f76; 2014-06-06 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aximus View Post
    That's reassuring, first name and nickname start with the same letter but the simularities end there When you say legal info what exactly does that entail ?
    All I can think off being asked is are account questions, ID request, maybe bank statement snippet showing past charge.

Thanks !
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...ification-form