Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    oh fuck me. didnt even check to see who the OP was. god damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Sure.

Mounts have killed world PvP and ruined immersion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Dude, no, just not. This would be a loss to the system. You don't remove something that has been in the game for so long. Would mean refunds for store bought, refunds for farmed, refunds for race unobtainables and such.

I would never support this, and you know exactly that it'll not be good for the system.. And rather have mounts than "lol, just teleport". The instant teleport locations in GW2 was crap.
    Well people always whine about having to spend time traveling and they want their flying mounts in WoD, so.. why not just remove all mounts and introduce an instant teleport system to just put all that whine to rest once and for all?

Seems feasable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    No. It works fine in guild wars 2 but it would not work in WoW because there would be a massive uproar and there would be significant sub losses.
    Why isn't this feasible at the very least for an expansion. A lot of us spent a lot of time collecting flying mounts... a lot of us don't particularly care about ground mounts. But that has not stopped them from taking those away from us on Draenor. Stuck with neutered ground versions instead. (dead horse... beaten to a pulp, i know... ) You have to assume though their willingness to remove something as ever-present as flying mounts is a precursor to them taking away other things situationally, maybe in a zone or for entire expansions.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since they want to eliminate flying in Draenor specific zones... might as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What would you think about the idea of removing all mounts completely from the game. Any store bought mounts would be refunded to you via game time, and we could move to a better system of instant teleport nodes throughout the world.

Kinda like GW2 travel system.

Would you be in favor of removing mounts completely, or would you not be in favor of this change and why?
    Let me guess just started wow and have like 5 mounts? for the people who have farmed for ashes and death charger alike this would be a massive middle finger to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Serious View Post
    Let me guess just started wow and have like 5 mounts? for the people who have farmed for ashes and death charger alike this would be a massive middle finger to them.
    Or Druids with their swift flight form.

I for myself would totally freeze my subscription, if they get rid of the mounts completely.
    But it will not happen in the near future (ever?!) so, screw it! I am rather fine with no flyings in WoD.

And I really hate the "fast-travel" system in GW2. No love for the beautiful environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well people always whine about having to spend time traveling and they want their flying mounts in WoD, so.. why not just remove all mounts and introduce an instant teleport system to just put all that whine to rest once and for all?

Seems feasable too.
    You know damn right that it isn't a possible solution. Removing flying =/= removing mounts at all, and you know it. Or should, any common player should. If it is claimed that mounts would harm immersion, then instant teleport would kill it. Mounts are common in a big game.

Please rethink how you post topics, for this question doesn't really serve for a healthy discussion (You know, the opposite of what you want)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Seems feasable too.
    Ah ha! The crux of the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate GW2 because there's no mount.

Teleporting everywhere break the immersion!

Don't need to get rid of mounts completely, but with a fast travel network like GW 2 has, you no longer need the boost that mounts give. My proposal would be to keep mounts but only give them a small move speed boost, about what the first level of Riding has. Then, when you need to move long distances, you travel to a waypoint wherever and boom, one loading screen later, there you are. No waiting, no need to AFK flying or riding a boat or some other nonsense. Just done. A nice gold sink for the game and the proper convenience of a fast travel network which is actually FAST. Mount collectors can still show off their mounts and you dispense with pretending AFK'ing on a flight point is somehow immersive.

I know Jaylock meant this as a troll, but I'm quite serious. This would be a vast improvement for the game. Which is why it'll never get implemented; it makes too much sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Don't need to get rid of mounts completely, but with a fast travel network like GW 2 has, you no longer need the boost that mounts give. My proposal would be to keep mounts but only give them a small move speed boost, about what the first level of Riding has. Then, when you need to move long distances, you travel to a waypoint wherever and boom, one loading screen later, there you are. No waiting, no need to AFK flying or riding a boat or some other nonsense. Just done. A nice gold sink for the game and the proper convenience of a fast travel network which is actually FAST. Mount collectors can still show off their mounts and you dispense with pretending AFK'ing on a flight point is somehow immersive.

I know Jaylock meant this as a troll, but I'm quite serious. This would be a vast improvement for the game. Which is why it'll never get implemented; it makes too much sense.
    Wrong, its not meant as a troll, its a serious discussion point. They should add instant teleport nodes throughout the world anyway, even if they dont remove mounts. I do like your idea.

But the point still stands, why have mounts at all if they implement a fast travel system? You dont NEED mounts, you just want them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post

You mean, makes no sense? You can't successfully remove such a big feature

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, its not meant as a troll, its a serious discussion point. They should add instant teleport nodes throughout the world anyway, even if they dont remove mounts. I do like your idea.

But the point still stands, why have mounts at all if they implement a fast travel system? You dont NEED mounts, you just want them.
    But your idea is worse than the actual removal of mounts. Instant teleport systems are a downgrade
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You mean, makes no sense? You can't successfully remove such a big feature

- - - Updated - - -

But your idea is worse than the actual removal of mounts. Instant teleport systems are a downgrade
    How? It would move you around the world FASTER than being on ground or flying mounts for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    How? It would move you around the world FASTER than being on ground or flying mounts for that matter.
    Would would MOVE you out of the zones faster. Mounts are a key feature within WoW, travelling to your destination is a better feel then just zoom around with instant portals

There's a reason "instant gratification", is not considered a good term in gamedesign.
    Or atleast, it shouldn't be, certainly not in an mmorpg like wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    There's a reason "instant gratification", is not considered a good term in gamedesign.
    Or atleast, it shouldn't be.
    It isn't a good term.

I would quit so fast that I would be gone before the mounts. No, it would be terrible because of the amount of time put into farming most mounts, hell, some people push for Heroic Garrosh just to get the ground mount, why the heck would they take it out then? Also Blizzard would lose the major source of money from the cash shop, so nope.

Wrong, its not meant as a troll, its a serious discussion point.
    Now now, don't lie. It is unbecoming of you.