Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would quit so fast that I would be gone before the mounts. No, it would be terrible because of the amount of time put into farming most mounts, hell, some people push for Heroic Garrosh just to get the ground mount, why the heck would they take it out then? Also Blizzard would lose the major source of money from the cash shop, so nope.
    Many people would feel like they've lost hours of gametime if mounts was gone, all those house used to farming. It isn't a successful solution and the OP knows so, hence topic is written so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Many people would feel like they've lost hours of gametime if mounts was gone, all those house used to farming. It isn't a successful solution and the OP knows so, hence topic is written so.
    Yet he is still posting and the thread is not locked....

http://howdoyousaytacoinspanish.file...hmmm-00111.jpg

Mod-note: Removed the [IMG] coding. While you think so, the OP hasn't really broken any rules on posting said topic.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-06 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Yet he is still posting and the thread is not locked....
    If you pay attention to any of the threads he posts where mods comment in it is due to sheer generosity that they don't nuke him into oblivion. One could also go into tinfoil hat ideas as to why but that would be a pointless exercise in craziness.

Isn't making a thread with the intent to cause UNHEALTHY discussion, bad for a forum board? I mean seriously, we all know what the OP is doing. Mods have mentioned it's not a healthy discussion, and yet here we are.

OT: No removing mounts is silly, the whole point of them removing flying is because it takes away immersion, makes things faster. why would putting a teleport system in, be better? Mounts let you get around faster than walking, but also mean you still have to travel and participate in the world somewhat, also its another port of content that people enjoy, taking things away for no reason is bad.

I think that mounts should be removed BUT while doing that they should remove the ability to run aswell -> leading to a more bigger world feel...

Oh wait... Was I serious on that....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What would you think about the idea of removing all mounts completely from the game. Any store bought mounts would be refunded to you via game time, and we could move to a better system of instant teleport nodes throughout the world.

Kinda like GW2 travel system.

Would you be in favor of removing mounts completely, or would you not be in favor of this change and why?
    Not saying GW2 is bad, but if someone asked me to name one bad thing about the game, i would say "no mounts".
    Travel system sucks too, you just go to map, click somewhere, and poof you're there. Booooring.
    Well, it went like that in GW1 (my bro used to play it), dunno about 2.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe people like their mounts.

They simply shouldn't have allowed it to be so easy to get them. Period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    If you pay attention to any of the threads he posts where mods comment in it is due to sheer generosity that they don't nuke him into oblivion. One could also go into tinfoil hat ideas as to why but that would be a pointless exercise in craziness.
    Yeah, I ran out of tinfoil hats dealing with Bashiok the liar. I can only assume he is a lucky little sob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Isn't making a thread with the intent to cause UNHEALTHY discussion, bad for a forum board? I mean seriously, we all know what the OP is doing. Mods have mentioned it's not a healthy discussion, and yet here we are.
    Pretty much THIS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget that some of those mounts required a lot of effort and time to acquire them right? You also forget that mounts such as Spectral Tiger exist too, those aren't exactly cheap and I'm sure that would piss off a lot of players with that mount.

Deleted
    Oh boy, Jaylock is on the loose.

10+ Year Old Account

Mod-note: Removed the [IMG] coding. While you think so, the OP hasn't really broken any rules on posting said topic.
    He creates a thread discussing removing all mounts, essentially infuriating every poster in the thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

General posting guidelines
    Do not create duplicate threads in the same or multiple sections to attract more attention.
    Do not bump threads
    Use the search function before creating a new thread
    Choose a suitable and clear subject line for your thread, no one-word subjects
    Limit the usage of CAPS (capital letters), color, and special fonts
    Do not use ASCII code symbols or Unicode symbols
    Contribute in a constructive way
    Do not quote entire posts, only quote parts you wish to elaborate on. The quote button is not a reply button.
    Do not create pointless threads such as "Which class/race/gender/faction/server should I roll?"
    Not everything belongs under "General Discussion", try to find the best suited section for your thread.
    Only post in English. As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
    Intentional poor writing, spelling or 1337sp33k will only get your post/topic deleted.
    Format your post (aka no "Wall of text"); paragraphs make reading a big post a lot easier.
    Use thumbnails when posting images. See below:

Don't post "Blizzard" scam emails. 99% of them are scams, we know this already. If you have an honest question, see the official WoW forums.
    So you admit the topic, and some of the responses are clearly scripted by the OP, even stated he phrased it specifically in such a way. Other posters have stated just as much:

Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    If you pay attention to any of the threads he posts where mods comment in it is due to sheer generosity that they don't nuke him into oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    oh fuck me. didnt even check to see who the OP was. god damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I know Jaylock meant this as a troll,
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How do you come up with the most awful suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Stop making threads. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    is this... like, are you trying to make a satire hyperbole related to the removal of flying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You post some seriously stupid topics. I know, I know... you're trolling and just trying to waste peoples' time, but wow. I see your name and expect pointless nonsense, and you don't disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    He always posts stupid shit like this. Look at his post history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Look at the OP's avatar.
    It's a clear bait post to draw some attention.
    Do not feed him. Stahp. Nao.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleT View Post
    Oh boy, Jaylock is on the loose.
    All these people KNOW this, and yet the thread lives.

This might just be your worst idea yet. Way to lower the bar. No for so many reasons.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

To often players use their mounts to just run around or through enemies skipping large portions of the content the developers intended for them.

Mounts are just a crutch that casuals use and frankly their inclusion has been ruining the game for years.

I would gladly resub if they were no longer included in the content from here on out and if players wanted to use mount they could do so in the old content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    To often players use their mounts to just run around or through enemies skipping large portions of the content the developers intended for them.

Mounts are just a crutch that casuals use and frankly their inclusion has been ruining the game for years.

I would gladly resub if they were no longer included in the content from here on out and if players wanted to use mount they could do so in the old content.
    WoW immersion died when Instance queues were born. LFD and LFR ruined it. Also, CRZ. Instead of just merging realms and bringing people together, they just found ways for STRANGERS to semi-interact. Remove instances, and people will be forced to go to the Dungeon, Raid, BG, and Arena entrances. You will see people in the WORLD, not just in the city.

Deleted
    Specially Choppers

So too often players used mounts for what they are designed for? To run around and through enemies to skip things they don't want to kill? Color me surprised!

Yep, all those hardcore players walk to their destinations everywhere they go. When you are a badass you don't need to run.

Uh huh, the only thing really holding you back from resubbing is the ability to use a mount to get around. Makes perfect sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a horrible idea

Mounts could be turned into no-combat pets that follow you around. That way people can still use them, maybe not in the way they intended but that's irrelevant.

Mounts could be turned into no-combat pets that follow you around. That way people can still use them, maybe not in the way they intended but that's irrelevant.
    That is not irrelevant, that is the whole point. *facepalm*