What's a Fun and Active Server?

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start up my subscription again, but I want to start fresh. What are some servers that are active and have a fun, healthy community?

US/EU? Horde/Alliance?

If we're talking US Alliance, Stormrage and Sargeras both fit your billing.

US, Alliance and Horde are both fine! I've heard good things about Stormrage before, thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrynku View Post
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to start up my subscription again, but I want to start fresh. What are some servers that are active and have a fun, healthy community?
    Proudmoore-US is a really awesome Alliance server. It is also the second-most progressed Alliance heavy pve server, if that is your thing. Small enough that you don't have a login queue, big enough that it has a healthy economy, etc. Good people, generally.

The one caveat is that it has a reputation as "the" LGBT friendly server. So, if like almost everyone you are fine with guilds saying "LGBT friendly" in trade when they advertise, no problem. If you are one of the one-in-a-million idiots who get all bent out of shape over that, not the right place for you.
    Last edited by SlippyCheeze; 2014-06-07 at 06:11 PM. Reason: damnit!

Deleted
    I thought bent was the opposite of straight ?

Definitely Stormrage for Alliance PvE, some nice and professional folks over there.

If Horde PvE is your flavor, I've been impressed from what I have seen on Zul'jin.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    Proudmoore-US is a really awesome Alliance server. It is also the second-most progressed pve server, if that is your thing.
    Knew your post sounded wrong. Proudmoore is #20, not #2.

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Knew your post sounded wrong. Proudmoore is #20, not #2.

Damnit. Second most progressed Alliance PVE server. Which I completely failed to say, and yes, you are right. Stormrage is the only ally pve server ahead of it, but there are lots of horde servers ahead, both pve and pvp.

I'm going to second Proudmoore if you're looking for a US-Alliance-PvE server. It has very good progression and a large number of active guilds, but isn't so huge as to suffer from frequent login queues (which is a problem with Stormrage).

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I'm going to second Proudmoore if you're looking for a US-Alliance-PvE server. It has very good progression and a large number of active guilds, but isn't so huge as to suffer from frequent login queues (which is a problem with Stormrage).
    Proudmoore, Proudmoore, Proudmoore.

But seriously, it's a great serve without login queues, unless you want that type of thing where the server is always jammed pack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moon Guard, it's the best server ever.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrynku View Post
    US, Alliance and Horde are both fine! I've heard good things about Stormrage before, thanks for the tip!

If your main focus is raiding I'd check that and I would suggest going to a server with a 10k+ population. Unless you're an elitist prick steer clear of Illidan (for horde obv)

Top picks for each faction:

Stormrage - Alliance (my possible future home)

Zul'Jin - Horde (my current home)

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Don't use that site. Most of the times it's out of date. Use this one: http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html
    Wowprogress tracks the amount of characters that have killed a raid boss and what rank they are in terms of raiding. It also tracks players based on accounts not total characters.

So as I said: if raiding is your main focus use that site and don't go to a server out of the top 15 or below 10k realm pop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go Bleeding Hollow if you want a active pvp server, Horde and Allaince are both active, Horde has more though.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    If your main focus is raiding I'd check that and I would suggest going to a server with a 10k+ population. Unless you're an elitist prick steer clear of Illidan (for horde obv)
    Eh, I spent some time on Illidan and other than the standard PvP server problems it was fine. (eg: there was lots of world pvp in the CRZ areas before Pandara ... which is to say, lots of 90s blowing up 40s. Fun times.)

The people were no better, or worse, than any other server. Lots of raiding, easy to get included, no super-hardcore-only stuff going on. Heck, because it is so big, and has such raid progress, pugging was actually *easier* than on Proudmoore for my "no upgrades in normal" toon, and reasonable on a couple of alts. So, yeah, don't think it is anything like that...

10+ Year Old Account
    US Kil'Jaeden used to be a pvp server but now it's a horde pve server lol if you don't mind going horde, I'm sure you'll enjoy raping the 3 alliance that still play there.