Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

WoD Alpha | Level 100 Abilities Videos

Just wanted to show the animations of two of the new Level 100 Talents and then if anyone wants certain things tested you can post below I'll do my best.

Death from Above:

Shadow Reflection:

Last edited by Spazzodin; 2014-06-06 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Underwhelming to say the least.

Was hoping for Death from above to be a lot flashier, like crimson tempest or FoK

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Was hoping for Death from above to be a lot flashier, like crimson tempest or FoK
    Was hoping the same thing. Kinda dull....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Thanks for posting these, I've been waiting to see DfA, but I agree that it's a little underwhelming.

Also, I wish I was smart enough to understand how Youtube works. I literally put in "Death From Above" from "This Week" after trying a ton of variations related to WoW and rogues, and nothing came up.

its alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    its alpha.
    then it's beta. then it's release. then it's "don't buy it if you dont like it". and then it's too late.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can complain all you want, but remember that it is alpha and honestly few classes have an animation like DfA. It's unique and interesting. Classes don't need rainbows and explosions every time they use an ability. Thanks for posting this, Spazz.

And if you wanna see boring animations, take a look at shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrodesiac View Post
    You can complain all you want, but remember that it is alpha and honestly few classes have an animation like DfA. It's unique and interesting. Classes don't need rainbows and explosions every time they use an ability. Thanks for posting this, Spazz.

I think there is a difference between complaining and pointing out something you don't like in a game that's in alpha testing. In fact, that is a huge part of this phase of testing.

Shows us ignite weapon from the warrior class

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think there is a difference between complaining and pointing out something you don't like in a game that's in alpha testing. In fact, that is a huge part of this phase of testing.
    Fair enough. Perhaps I worded my comment poorly. Obviously it is alpha, and obviously changes may be made based on the devs progressing the mechanics and folks injecting their constructive criticisms, but I was mostly commenting on the fact that I think it's relatively solid at this point in testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrodesiac View Post

Please also remember that Cheetah travel form was placeholder.
    DfA is interesting conceptually, but this is a pretty lackluster current form. Especially after they just got done giving monks a million visually interesting custom animations. It's supposed to be a leap into a downward attack. Right now it looks more like backflip (possibly a modified rising sun kick animation?) into a thunderclap, minus the lightning.

Shadow priests have better animations.
    Orbs/Ravens, phantoms, psyfiend, shadow fiend/mindbender, Halo, Divine Star, Cascade, Evasion.

No one is asking for rainbows and explosions.
    As I pointed out, FoK and Crimson Tempest are good examples of very rogue-like animations that are visually interesting without being magical pink laser beams.

Anyway. It's a nice start. I just hope that isn't it's final form. We are a dying class, we could use some pizzazz.

Im not sure about everyone else... but that is exactly how I pictured death from above in my head as soon as I read its tooltip, except maybe a little faster. Seems like a bit of downtime while in the air. Anyways im fine with that simple animation, im not really about that flashing lights everywhere.

Difficult to put in writing, just feeling a bit underwhelmed instead of excited.

shadow reflection looks to be useful being realist. just imagine the macroing with shadow reflection heh. i"m leaning on venom zest and the glyph of energy for a better burst window on opening. that my standing but venom zest looks to be inferior to shadow reflection.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-06-07 at 04:28 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    Shows us ignite weapon from the warrior class
    This is the Rogue section, buddy.

@Spazz
    Have you tested to see if shadow reflection will copy AE attacks?

@Hitei
    They clearly gave all the pizzaz they had been storing up for us to monks.

I don't think DfA animation is all that bad, but for a level 100 talent they could at least up the shadow effect. The move itself still seems like garbage though. Usable once every 20 seconds and allows you to replace an envenom/evis with an AE swing and a 150% envenom/evis versus 8 seconds of full damage copying every minute... not seeing it. And I really hope the giant jumping animation doesn't actually consider you in the air because that could range you on your target costing you auto attacks.

The twenty second CD and high resource costs of DfA (5 cp and 50 energy which is more than any other finisher) and yet not being that strong seems rather underwhelming for a max level talent. This is obviously an aoe talent yet comparing it to something like bladestorm or any of the l90 priest talents it's so incredibly underwhelming.

Shadow reflection and venom zest I feel will be the go to talents and as far as DfA goes unless it gets a massive update will be relatively unused.

Shadow reflection is a straight up dps increase with the possibility of increasing utility with stuns as well making it incredibly useful in other scenarios as well. Venom zest works single as well as multi target so I feel that it'll get a lot of use as well especially in any sort of cleave fight.

Don't get the point of DfA having a CD either seems like it'd be smarter (and go along with the anti-button bloat they're trying to accomplish with WoD) to just make it replace evis/envenom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    @Spazz
    I don't think DfA animation is all that bad, but for a level 100 talent they could at least up the shadow effect. The move itself still seems like garbage though. Usable once every 20 seconds and allows you to replace an envenom/evis with an AE swing and a 150% envenom/evis versus 8 seconds of full damage copying every minute... not seeing it. And I really hope the giant jumping animation doesn't actually consider you in the air because that could range you on your target costing you auto attacks.
    It will compete because shadow reflection is worse than you think. Its a 2min cd not a 1 min cd and it doesn't copy all your dmg only specials no auto or poison dmg. It also doesn't snapshot dmg meaning that if you have trinket up when you attack but its not up when it attacks it will do less dmg.

With that in mind all three 100 talents seem kind of weak/bad. You have a very niche talent that makes you have to have 3 targets poisoned at all times other wise you're looking at a talent that just gives you 5% energy reg most of the time. I already pointed out shadow reflections short comings, And DfA is a 50 energy finisher that stops all your dmg for 2 sec for a 50% more dmg finisher.

Overall all of those work about as good as they look lackluster....

Hopefully they heavily work on these mechanics and visuals on the 100 talents and they go back and fix our other talents but that last part is just a dream we'll be lucky if they work on the 100 talents much less more.

Suppose it is possible to use venom zest for the next 2+ years.