Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is it time to remove Dual Spec?

This is NOT about forcing people into one spec, it is about allowing access to ALL specs on the fly.

Dual specs were a great back when we had trees and respecing meant redoing your entire tree, but now with the talent changes, and the changes to how gear is going to work in warlords I think it is time to remove dual spec, and just let people swap between any spec they want. The new gearing system will allow people to play all of their specs with virtually the same gear. Sure it won't all be optimal for every spec, but it will work. Respecing right now serves no point other than to make people completely redo their action bars, which is quite annoying. Removing dual spec would just allow people to play however they want without all the hassle of completely rearranging their action bars. What do you think? Is it time to remove dual spec and just allow people to freely switch between any spec they want?
    Last edited by Mercarcher; 2014-06-06 at 11:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it ain't broke don't fix it? It's not exactly problematic :x

Remove Dual Spec?

TREASON!

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Remove Dual Spec?

TREASON!
    Did you even read the post or just the title?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    Dual specs were a great back when we had trees and respecing meant redoing your entire tree, but now with the talent changes, and the changes to how gear is going to work in warlords I think it is time to remove dual spec, and just let people swap between any spec they want. The new gearing system will allow people to play all of their specs with virtually the same gear. Sure it won't all be optimal for every spec, but it will work. Respecing right now serves no point other than to make people completely redo their action bars, which is quite annoying. Removing dual spec would just allow people to play however they want without all the hassle of completely rearranging their action bars. What do you think? Is it time to remove dual spec and just allow people to freely switch between any spec they want?
    removing duel spec would hurt the game now, why waste 5-10 mins having to travel back sort your spec out and then have to get back to a raid for example when in that time you could of killed that boss. It would be pointless to remove duel spec now as it makes everything much quicker and easier and it is a dumb question to even ask.

What are you on about with action bars, in duel spec your bars are saved so you have to do nothing and there is even addons that can save your bars for every spec you can use, the new gear will only change if you change spec and several of the items won't be ideal for your OS so you will have to gather multiple pieces of certain loots to play effectively in every spec.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2014-06-06 at 10:36 PM.

1. I like dual spec for several reasons. As a Hunter, it allows me to play as two of my favorite playstyles without having to run back to my class trainer all the time to respec. If I wanna solo content or catch rare pets, I can go BM. If I wanna just run around and kill everybody in PvP and not get hurt, I switch to marksman.

2. Redo my action bars? If you didn't know, when you change specs, your action bars change with them. You can have entirely different bar presets for different specs.

3. Being allowed 2/3 specializations in WoW allows you to have some degree of versatility without becoming a jack-of-all-trades.

Uh, you realize that, as a holy paladin, I press different buttons than as a prot paladin, so anytime I wanted to play either of those specs, I would have to rearrange my action bars.

I agree that it's time to remove the dual spec limitation though. You should get a tab for each spec possible, so you can swap into each spec possible and get a different set of action bars. By allowing you a tab for all specs possible, that actually removes the hassle of needing to change around your action bars - you only need to set them up once and then you're done.

No. Why? People like me exist. Those who change from tank to healer on the fly to help continue progression or farm content without slowing down the raid by having to go to org, sped 66g to respec and then spend More money to change the glyphs / talent tree. With it costing a max of 66g at a time it would be really really costly for me.

Give a good reason for it to be removed in light of someone like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    1. I like dual spec for several reasons. As a Hunter, it allows me to play as two of my favorite playstyles without having to run back to my class trainer all the time to respec. If I wanna solo content or catch rare pets, I can go BM. If I wanna just run around and kill everybody in PvP and not get hurt, I switch to marksman.

2. Redo my action bars? If you didn't know, when you change specs, your action bars change with them. You can have entirely different bar presets for different specs.

3. Being allowed 2/3 specializations in WoW allows you to have some degree of versatility without becoming a jack-of-all-trades.
    To add to the hunter thing. Having to suddenly go spec BM when you see a spirit beast when not actively hunting for one would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's time to add tri spec.

EDIT: You need a better title, people are going to come in and bash you for what they think this topic is about, when in reality you're suggesting the very thing that they do want.

EDIT: Yep, I can't read! But just making spec switching a free-for-all might not be the answer anyways. That said... why does respec make you redo your action bar? Your buttons should be unique for each spec, you aren't forced to switch them all.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2014-06-06 at 10:55 PM.

Are people even reading what they are replying to?

Just the title, dont take my dual spec, if you dont want it, dont use it!

Edit: read the post, it won't change anything, really removing it. Except cause a lot of upset on the forums.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

duel spec was always more about the spec....but providing a limit, 2/3rds access is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    They are suggesting letting us be any spec without saying How. Duel spec shouldn't be removed "title of the thread" but should be made tri spec or even more. In short, they ask for duel spec removal, suggest nothing to replace it or even elaborate on it and say simply "let us switch freely between any spec" which we already can by visiting a class trainer.

OP, you should word your title and wall of text better since they contradict each other. You should just say they should allow us to hold different action bars for every spec without being capped to two. Hell, maybe even I am misunderstanding since I am not sure if you want us to be stuck to one spec or free to pick whatever without having to visit a class trainer to change the 2nd spec.
    Stay salty my friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkd View Post
    Thank god thought I was not understanding. To be fair he could have made a more clear title. Remove dual spec is generally understood to be mono spec. And to be quite frank I'm not 100% sure what he's getting at.

I dunno I like my bars set up in certain ways depending the spec. Besides I don't see it as much of a hassle. A trispec really is needed IMO, dual just doesn't serve a purpose.

i would say that the talent-trees are still not set in stone and they might get completely revisited once again in the future. and then dual specc might become more useful again ^^

I think its time indeed. Its about the last remnant of the old talent system. Just like glyphs and talents. Have it swappable by costing a reagent like the others.

Also: wow people can't read.

There wouldn't really be any difference in having tri-spec (for druids quad-spec) except you'd probably have to download a keybind add-on. Blizzard has taken a pretty hefty stance against tri-spec so I'm pretty sure they won't be willing to let you change specs at will. Though if they do I'd probably be kind of excited.

Deleted
    What about people that have a dual spec of the same spec? e.g. a Paladin with Holy PvP / Holy PvE with different key-binds for each.

I would say tri-spec would be the better option to give people the freedom to use the 3 spec's to their liking.