Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blackfathom Deeps Revamp in WoD

As seen on Blizzplanet and scrolls of lore, Blackfathom Deeps has been completely revamped in the WoD alpha. All new bosses (except for Ghamoo-ra and Aku'mai, who both have new models and abilities), new trash mobs and a new story.

Here's a run through of it the updated instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruf74YTJGjQ

And of the dungeon journal with new lore entries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEzL0KNL_hc

We've known about that for quite a while. Blackfathom, Razorfen, and a few other dungeons are becoming scenarios in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    We've known about that for quite a while. Blackfathom, Razorfen, and a few other dungeons are becoming scenarios in WoD.
    This isn't a scenario though. The actual dungeon now has scenario objectives instead of quests. (And one quest to kill Aku'mai that you can't turn in).

We may have known, but it's still cool and the video is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by raviadso View Post
    We may have known, but it's still cool and the video is awesome.
    Very much agreed.

Really want to see a group do it at level. They've obviously done a lot with the mechanics to update it. The level 90-100 rogue running through shows off the zone but the encounters are what excite me the most.

I think this somewhat bodes well for BRS. I was surprised they didn't actually alter the dungeon length, but instead just kept the same amount of bosses making some just side objectives. This is the direction they should have taken with all revamps. Especially something like Scholomance.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2014-06-06 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are they gonna make this a level 100 heroic scenario? Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmox Goreaxe View Post
    Are they gonna make this a level 100 heroic scenario? Would be awesome.
    I heard it was a dungeon, but yeah, this should be one of the heroic dungeons at 100 like when they re-did SM and RFC and added a new version as a heroic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Why would you be able to solo ( A presumably level 90-100 scenario ) That easily and quickly?

It would have made more sense to revisit this dungeon in Cataclysm, I think.

Prolonging all of these Old God stories makes me fear that a proper battle against the Burning Legion will be the Half Life 3 of the Warcraft series.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video of the dungeon is not that useful, the layout hasn't changed and you don't show of the bosses, you simply one shot them. I like the bonus objectivs though. But I am most interested in the new mechanics for the boss fights.

The interesting part of the video IMO is that last low level dungeon to get a remake, RFC, foreshadowed the Dark Shaman we fought that Garrosh had.

What are these dungeons foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

I hope they leave the gear alone in these. I hated the completely unnecessary removal of cool transmog options from the updated dungeons in Cata and MoP. Don't understand why they didn't just throw all that gear into the world loot table if nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    The interesting part of the video IMO is that last low level dungeon to get a remake, RFC, foreshadowed the Dark Shaman we fought that Garrosh had.

Cthulhu cults? Twilight cult? Seems very Cataclysm to me, but we could have T17 against old god content.

Could just be advancing the plot on BFD, though. Lots of talk of dark magic and all that.
    Last edited by raviadso; 2014-06-07 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say it but,

Hail Hydra..... get it? Because its a hydra

I'm excited for this. I saw the walkthrough. Good stuff! I'm a little biased as an Old God fan, but it's got me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

It's just advancing a Cataclysm story thread, just like Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance. The dungeon journal even mentioning some of the bosses killing the old bosses.

I must've missed where they were updating these older dungeons. Still really cool though, BFD was my first instance and I've always had a fondness for that dungeon. I am curious if it's simply to continue old Cata storylines or if it's hinting at something new altogether.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Pretty freaking awesome, no more mindless swimming around having to kill every skipable Trash pack for people too do their collection quests. Kills the flow hard at low level atm.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!