Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    K, thx.
    Bugger, I just hoped they reverted aff to good ol' fashion aff

15+ Year Old Account
    It was interesting, challenging and pretty difficult to master with dot snapshotting. Why get rid of snapshotting when you could just tune down the trinkets? I for one don't really like that dancing around trinket procs gameplay, imo they should be a nice addition to boost our dps, not something we center our dps around.

12k int proc trinkets are more than ridiculous, always hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    It was interesting, challenging and pretty difficult to master with dot snapshotting. Why get rid of snapshotting when you could just tune down the trinkets? I for one don't really like that dancing around trinket procs gameplay, imo they should be a nice addition to boost our dps, not something we center our dps around.

12k int proc trinkets are more than ridiculous, always hated it.
    Because tuning down trinkets hurts every spec in the game. Snapshotting, big trinkets etc aren't so bad, in and of themselves, but for Affliction it's just the perfect storm of mechanics that make it a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashkill View Post
    Why get rid of snapshotting when you could just tune down the trinkets?
    What's easier? Tuning down trinkets for every single caster class & specialization, or simply fixing snapshotting? If you tune down trinkets you'll end up with shit trinkets for classes and specializations that never had snapshotting problem. It's easier to fix the specializations that were the problem than shit on every caster trinket and proc in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Removing snapshotting dulls DoT classes down a lot, and affliction warlocks suffer most from it. It's coming down to renewing dots / keeping Haunt up / spamming Drain Soul. Since we have no procs whatsoever, we have nothing else to watch for (SPs have instant Mind Mlast / Mind Spike procs via talents, moonkins have Starsurge proc etc). I for one found affliction with DoT snapshotting a difficult to master spec, much more difficult to play than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    What's easier? Tuning down trinkets for every single caster class & specialization, or simply fixing snapshotting? If you tune down trinkets you'll end up with shit trinkets for classes and specializations that never had snapshotting problem. It's easier to fix the specializations that were the problem than shit on every caster trinket and proc in the game.
    I would have hoped for these super strong trinket to just go away. Seriously we are at the point where a single gear slot can make or break your entire build.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    well, thing is, snapshotting in itself wasnt what made afflic strong in MoP, it was soul swap, just by putting charges to soul swap and limiting its use, afflic would have been in a much better place over all, instead they go the other way by removing snapshotting and increasing shard usage while nerfing shard generation into oblivion, the least they could have done was pick a way that didnt cause the spec to be mindnumbingly boring and actually have some depth to it. for dots snapshotting makes sense, without snapshotting dot specs will hurt you more than benefit you, coz you get a lot less out of your procs.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2014-08-09 at 03:11 PM.

Had quite a lot of fun on Iron Maidens as Affliction the other night, all three specs looking pretty strong on Council fights, having no soul swap makes these fights more engaging, unfortunately I have no logs for the test at the moment.

Deleted
    What sort of build were you running for Affliction? Also is the Shivarra still abusing Multistrike?

I was running Soulburn: Haunt, Haste > Multistrike > Mastery with Shivarra, apparently the double dip is intentional got no blue confirmation to back it up though.

Was averaging 28k - 30k on our 5min attempts.

Snap shooting has to be one of the least fun mechanics ever, I see zero fun in it and for one am glad it's gone....it should have never been allowed in the first place. I also dislike malific and would rather use shadow bolt as a filler and miss the old insta cast nightfall procs....

The spec has lost all drain feel to it that should come back though I doubt it....

Have any proof Shivarra is doing good with Multistrike? I tested it a while back because someone mentioned it and couldn't find any data to support these claims. Tested all the pets as demo with varying amounts of Haste, Mastery and Multistrike and none of the values were significantly high for any given stat. All pets were in the 2k range (1.9-2.4ish) and between each pet the values varied very little for each stat.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post28531410

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, even if it is double dipping or something I don't think the non-Demo pets are a big enough proportion of your damage that it'd be worth completely changing your gear stat priority over.

Even as affliction I can't see how it's going to be that high to make it better than mastery especially since the pets now do 20% less damage than before for non Demo pets.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if I'd call keeping DOTs on a few targets "engaging". Without being able to use soulswap and then do some fun stuff in the meantime, I'd call it mundane, maybe even exhausting. Like it takes skill to press 1, then press 2, then switch to other target and press 1,2 again. Since there's nothing to react to anymore, I'd say affliction is as boring as it gets right now.

Deleted
    I'd actually love a minor glyph to get the Malefic Grasp look back. I feel weird always casting Drain Soul. The constant pink beam is grating on me.

Deleted
    I'd love to get Shadowbolt back for affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'd actually love a minor glyph to get the Malefic Grasp look back. I feel weird always casting Drain Soul. The constant pink beam is grating on me.
    First ppl hated malefic grasp, now they want it back:,)
    But yeah, i would love a glyph for it, i would prefer malefic over drain soul anytime.

Had average performance on Hans'gar and Franzok, good use of teleport and standing between the belts gives good uptime. Not sure about KJC here since the movement can be sporadic or constant depending on where you are and what pattern he starts. When the belt starts moving you can use that as an indicator to redot the boss as he will go up soon, I'm not sure if damage is working on him but it is at least not triggering immunes.

The Blast Furnance was quite a poor performance, I feel like we either need to get full shards back from killing a mob or soul swap to not cost a shard, not necessarily both but currently that fight as Affliction sinks because of the incapability of rolling 10 stack agonys and keeping SB: Haunt up on recurring adds. I guess in hindsight it might be better to go Cataclysm and use excess shards from not using SB: Haunt on rolling 10 stack agonys around everywhere the poor output was purely because my Agony damage dropped from 1st to a very distant 3rd on this fight.

I'm continuing to stream purely Affliction on these tests, you can watch vods or live coverage on my stream.

We need nightfall to proc from all corruption and not just the last one if soul swap is gonna cost a shard. We are very short on shard with add fight when other classes can spread everything so easily. if they want us to not use soul swap everytime at least give us the shard to sustain the more targets there is. It's not like soul swp is OP with a lot of adds, it take 2 gcd per target to spread dots.