Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I only tested for around 10 minutes but the imps weren't idling at all anymore for me.

So let me get this straight, for PvP all our abilities as demo hit for 5k or less? On a healthpool of around 150k that basically means we will never be able to kill anything or create pressure and basically means we are worthless. 30k chaos bolts as destro was bad enough. Looks like affliction dot spreading will once again be our only viable pvp option. This sucks!!! They can't let things go live this way could they? 2.5 sec cast shadow bolt hitting for 5k while 2.5 sec cast chaos bolt hits for 30k? Seems weird to me. Especially if TOC is equally as weak. I must be missing something. Pet damage or dot damage or something.
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2014-09-03 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I only tested for around 10 minutes but the imps weren't idling at all anymore for me.
    I'm pretty sure they aren't AFKing its just incredibly delayed despawning for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks to all those people with 120 mastery gems and T16 + Dragonwrath on beta dealing 20% more dmg than everyone else, those numbers in the latest build are because of you and now we will all suffer if it goes live this way

Deleted
    So let me get this straight, for PvP all our abilities as demo hit for 5k or less? On a healthpool of around 150k that basically means we will never be able to kill anything or create pressure and basically means we are worthless. 30k chaos bolts as destro was bad enough. Looks like affliction dot spreading will once again be our only viable pvp option. This sucks!!! They can't let things go live this way could they? 2.5 sec cast shadow bolt hitting for 5k while 2.5 sec cast chaos bolt hits for 30k? Seems weird to me. Especially if TOC is equally as weak. I must be missing something. Pet damage or dot damage or something.
    I agree with that. My testing purpose is mainly pvp on the betaservers.

While I don't have PvE-Numbers, which seem to be the reason of the damage reduction, the impact on PvP is very high.

As mentioned above it is extreme difficult to kill something if they play properly. Classes like Retributionpaladins, Ferals and Deathknights are impossible to kill, if they think of their heals sometimes.

Soul fire: the perk reduced the casting time to ~1.6 seconds in 690 ilevel pvp-gear. This circumcstance made soul fire very handy in terms of pressure in PvP. Now the casting time is two seconds again and it became difficult to cast again. To clarify in my opinion casting times, can be grouped in filler and hard hitter. Filler do no real damage, but maintain some pressure, they go around 1.5 seconds. Hard hitter have two seconds or more seconds to cast but reward with high damage, like the former demonbolt, chaosbolt in mop or cataclysm. Soul fire does the damage of a filler spell, but has the casting time of a hard hitter.

Shadowbolt: an interesting sideeffect of the shadowbolt nerf seems to be, that drain life with harvest life outdamages a nonkrit shadowbolt now. While Shadowbolt hits around 4,4k in PvP a Drain Life does around 2,3k. Multiplied by 2,5 we're around 4,7k damage with the additional option to interrupt the cast before hitting the 2,5 mark if we're in danger of getting kicked. I don't want to say, that shadow bolt was useful before but now it's just awful for pvp. like soul fire it does the damage of a filler while having the casting time of a hard hitter.

Demonbolt: My main tactic in pvp-enviroment was to bank some fury, kite the opponents, cc them while staying alive. The Dots, imps and felguard did their job by damaging the opponent to a burstable level around 60%. Then the time came to launch the burst and get some time to cast Demon bolt two times. The Problem is now, this combo does around 50% less than before, leaving the enemy player alive and force even more touch of chaos to score a kill.

Corruption and Shadowflame: the reduced damage of both leads to some pressure problems. Like mentioned the kill window goes around 60%. Now it is extremly difficult to maintain pressure on the target. Especially ferals are able to top themselves around 90-100%.

Pressure by casting: the main damage came from few abilitys that have a high casting time of two seconds, but high rewarding damage. I had to buy this windows, but if properly executed it payed of. Now the windows come not frequently enough between the damage and the opponents ability to recover.

While at it: i saw some players like Jessicka posting with level 1 toons in the US Forums. How did you gain access?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cide View Post
    While at it: i saw some players like Jessicka posting with level 1 toons in the US Forums. How did you gain access?
    Create a US trial account on your battle.net account and make a character on a US realm, you'll get limited posting rights on the US Beta forums.

Looking at this makes me more baffled as to why they tuned down demonology on the beta.

The demonology profile is using demon bolt, which isn't as good as Cataclysm as of now, and the APL could probably do some tweaking. But beneath protection warriors and on par with holy priests?

It's beta, I get it. But mythic testing is coming up again today, and now there's nothing to play for tonights testing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Looking at this makes me more baffled as to why they tuned down demonology on the beta.

The demonology profile is using demon bolt, which isn't as good as Cataclysm as of now, and the APL could probably do some tweaking. But beneath protection warriors and on par with holy priests?

It's beta, I get it. But mythic testing is coming up again today, and now there's nothing to play for tonights testing.
    Fun fun times playing Destruction.

Demonology will obviously become a tank spec.
    - "I throw away all the rules of acceptable conduct during battle; near the ruptures I throw away all the accepted ideas of how the natural world is supposed to behave. Targeting isn’t even a consideration - I will be engaging my enemy at arm’s length."

Demonology needed to be tuned down, I had a ring of AFK imps around me and our mastery was buffing nature dmg while I was mastery stacked and I was still competing on the meter with people using super cheese items during testing.

The problem to me was how severe this nerf seems, and how they haven't balanced out the skills vs each other still... which is probably intentional.

Demonology needed to be tuned down, I had a ring of AFK imps around me and our mastery was buffing nature dmg while I was mastery stacked and I was still competing on the meter with people using super cheese items during testing.

The problem to me was how severe this nerf seems, and how they haven't balanced out the skills vs each other still... which is probably intentional.
    Were you using a premade? Although mastery didn't buff the caster form damage, it definitely buffed the felguards already incredibly bugged stats.

Test demonology again tonight. The removal of gems should have less skewered results tonight. Let me know how you feel about it.

10+ Year Old Account

Because blizz can't properly balance our specs.

Plus it might just be me, but in the top several dps specs on simcraft, not one of them is a ranged dps. That seems pretty alarming. I know it's simcraft but still....

Were you using a premade? Although mastery didn't buff the caster form damage, it definitely buffed the felguards already incredibly bugged stats.

Test demonology again tonight. The removal of gems should have less skewered results tonight. Let me know how you feel about it.
    I've used everything from a pve premade with a spirit staff to a copied toon with full 120 gems and everything in between.

But yeah we'll see how that goes, I'd be surprised if anyone plays demo for the testings for a while though.

I've used everything from a pve premade with a spirit staff to a copied toon with full 120 gems and everything in between.

But yeah we'll see how that goes, I'd be surprised if anyone plays demo for the testings for a while though.
    Yeah I have no desire whatsoever to test as Demo today or tomorrow. Back to boring-ass destro and affliction, woooo

10+ Year Old Account
    So far in testing, between 11 and 13k dps.

Unfortunately, Celestalon was right! We are perfectly balanced now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    So far in testing, between 11 and 13k dps.

Unfortunately, Celestalon was right! We are perfectly balanced now!
    What's your definition of perfectly balanced in this regard? Far behind the pack, or is everyone else performing on par with us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafpony View Post
    What's your definition of perfectly balanced in this regard? Far behind the pack, or is everyone else performing on par with us?
    ~5 k under everyone else. We are on par with prot warriors (and shadowpriests).
    Last edited by Shiennar; 2014-09-04 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    ~5 k under everyone else. We are on par with prot warriors (and shadowpriests).
    Well, at least Celestalon did just tweet this:

"Tuning is iterative. I hear from the community that they're seeing Demo doing way less than we are internally. Trying to find why."

Perhaps after the tests this weekend they will have a better idea of where we are at. Just hoping they realise that people are using overpowered scaled up gear and are not balancing for those items. Surely they can't have missed that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafpony View Post
    Well, at least Celestalon did just tweet this:

"Tuning is iterative. I hear from the community that they're seeing Demo doing way less than we are internally. Trying to find why."

Perhaps after the tests this weekend they will have a better idea of where we are at. Just hoping they realise that people are using overpowered scaled up gear and are not balancing for those items. Surely they can't have missed that?
    Im using Tarecqosa and the Sha-Skin set. Makes no difference whatsoever.

RIP demo acording to previous tests. I had aff as offspec and my lock mate had destro and demo wasnt competitive at all.

Demo was OP but this was a severe overnerf.

For this tests, they removed legendary scaling and I think gems aswell but gems could had been a UI bug.