Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Yeah.. It was demoralizing. It was basically a flat 3/9% damage buff (or whatever it was) for Shadow at the time. Not having it put you at a huge disadvantage compared to the rest of the raid and especially top ranks where people have the buff 100%.
    Dark Intent on a Shadow was so insane, I always looked for them tbh. If I remember correctly I think the highest uptime on DI was giving it to a Fire Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    Dark Intent on a Shadow was so insane, I always looked for them tbh. If I remember correctly I think the highest uptime on DI was giving it to a Fire Mage?
    I seem to remember it being resto druid but I'm old and could be misremembering things.

I remember it being resto druid as well.

I always used a resto druid but for DS cata I was raidng 10m with friends and or sprist wasn't the sharpest tool and she (the tree) was GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think for DPS it was Fire Mage, I distinctly remember a table for uptimes on Elitist Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    There were 2 considerations at the time.

1) How much damage does the warlock get from DI?
    2) How much damage does the target get from DI?

Resto Druids gave the warlock the greatest number of stacks. IIRC it was something like Resto > Fire > Shadow > Boomkin
    Shadow got the most damage from DI out of anyone. IIRC it was something like Shadow > Fire > Boomkin

(Or something like that.)

What took a lot of convincing from me to our warlock is that raid DPS was higest by putting it on a Shadow Priest even though he lost some uptime on the DI buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There were 2 considerations at the time.

1) How much damage does the warlock get from DI?
    2) How much damage does the target get from DI?

Resto Druids gave the warlock the greatest number of stacks. IIRC it was something like Resto > Fire > Shadow > Boomkin
    Shadow got the most damage from DI out of anyone. IIRC it was something like Shadow > Fire > Boomkin

(Or something like that.)

What took a lot of convincing from me to our warlock is that raid DPS was higest by putting it on a Shadow Priest even though he lost some uptime on the DI buff.
    Oh I definitely knew how DI worked. idk why Fire Mage sticks out in my brain so much though, but whatever.

Anyone remember the very first iteration of DI and that horrible noise it made ? People in group asking you to stop making that noise, ...What the hell was that.... I laughed just a little now just thinking about it

druid was so strong for us because it was already pre-stacked on the pull. a good spriest gave great uptime, but fire mage was close enough that it came down to who was better, when it went on dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiekyerbooty View Post
    Anyone remember the very first iteration of DI and that horrible noise it made ? People in group asking you to stop making that noise, ...What the hell was that.... I laughed just a little now just thinking about it
    I do remember this!

Deleted
    I remember my first raid while i was on trial and the 2 mages where arguing with me, the RL and eachother in both whispers and vent about who should get DI

7+ Year Old Account
    So you guys are still on about Dark Intent? i Always used it on a sp, for the most raid damage. and yes everyone wanted it.
    by the way, what was the name of the similar buff mages had at the time?

I can't remember, but damn did they circlejerk that thing when they could...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I can't remember, but damn did they circlejerk that thing when they could...
    http://cata.openwow.com/spell=54648

That's right. For a while I just would NOT put DI on a Mage. Simply because of the way they circle-jerked FM in Wrath.

Don;t remind me of this :@ At the start of Cata raiding, I was a trial in a good guild. The thing is that there was a lock that whispered the other 2-3 locks to buff HIM with DI. It was so annoying. I was almost felt relief when they fell apart as a guild :P
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    Oh I remember Focus Magic, all of those buffs gave guilds so many problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Beta officially being over and release imminent I think it's time we stop using the Beta threads and start fully using the Spec guide stickies.

For Destruction please continue discussion in this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Warlock-Guide

CLOSED.