Deleted

What happens to heirloom enchants in WoD?

Any clue? If you could give me an update on how heirloom tab works and how enchants on heirloom functions with new system etc thanks !

I'd assume they'd remove the enchants that are going away on existing items, but it may be the same as the helmet enchants when they were removed. Hm.

Deleted
    They should just remove them fullstop. Crappy gear, no perks, next to no gold making potential. Seems like a tremendous waste of time and/or money.

Deleted
    Is the heirloom tab available on current alpha for checking, will equipped heirlooms or in alts bags remain there ?

I was watching a streamer the other day searching for the heirloom tab. He either couldn't find it or it simply isn't in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    They should just remove them fullstop. Crappy gear, no perks, next to no gold making potential. Seems like a tremendous waste of time and/or money.
    What, heirlooms themselves? Sure, I guess, if you don't like alts..

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    What, heirlooms themselves? Sure, I guess, if you don't like alts..
    I am more willing to bet on the person that brought that up is mad about something else and just wants to rain on everyone that is trying to look forward to something and trying to enjoy themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aximus View Post
    Any clue? If you could give me an update on how heirloom tab works and how enchants on heirloom functions with new system etc thanks !
    We don't know yet, but the technology was described as a tab where you click on the heirloom that you have unlocked, and one spawns in your bag. Since Blizzard usually try to reuse existing core technology solutions, my guess is that this "tab" is effectively a vendor that sells you heirlooms for free.

In that world, expect that enchanting works like it does today (eg: scales, with breakpoints), and that when you destroy an heirloom item with an enchant, the item and enchant are gone. Creating one from the tab on another toon would be like buying another one from the vendor.

I half suspect that they will retain, eg, the ability to mail heirlooms around so you don't *have* to destroy them and create new ones -- you just get the option. eg: this is a free "repurchase from vendor" that doesn't take up bag space, but you are not *obliged* to take advantage of it to get heirlooms on other alts.

(Also, obvs, these will behave like enchants on other items do, so if they remove them from a slot, the enchant will be gone.)

Note: all speculation, based on what Blizzard have publicly said, and my recognition of how their developers think based on working with similar developers for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    We don't know yet, but the technology was described as a tab where you click on the heirloom that you have unlocked, and one spawns in your bag. Since Blizzard usually try to reuse existing core technology solutions, my guess is that this "tab" is effectively a vendor that sells you heirlooms for free.

In that world, expect that enchanting works like it does today (eg: scales, with breakpoints), and that when you destroy an heirloom item with an enchant, the item and enchant are gone. Creating one from the tab on another toon would be like buying another one from the vendor.

I half suspect that they will retain, eg, the ability to mail heirlooms around so you don't *have* to destroy them and create new ones -- you just get the option. eg: this is a free "repurchase from vendor" that doesn't take up bag space, but you are not *obliged* to take advantage of it to get heirlooms on other alts.

(Also, obvs, these will behave like enchants on other items do, so if they remove them from a slot, the enchant will be gone.)

Note: all speculation, based on what Blizzard have publicly said, and my recognition of how their developers think based on working with similar developers for decades.
    That is a really solid thought and explanation. Would be easy and reasonable way of doing it.