Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    It doesn't bode well for WoW then that it's even easier.
    "Doesn't bode well"...? 10 years on the market with more expansions planned after the next, still over 5 million subs. Do tell how the most difficult WoW fights are cheese compared to Wildstar most challenging. People love to e-peen themselves by pretending that what they play requires the highest skill. I'd dare say none of them can be mastered easily.

Just because it's new, doesn't make it the pinnacle of skill cap. Same with GW2, took not even 30 minutes for a good player to get used to the combat of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing relieves the stress of war like a group conga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    "Doesn't bode well"...? 10 years on the market with more expansions planned after the next, still over 5 million subs. Do tell how the most difficult WoW fights are cheese compared to Wildstar most challenging. People love to e-peen themselves by pretending that what they play requires the highest skill. I'd dare say none of them can be mastered easily.

Just because it's new, doesn't make it the pinnacle of skill cap. Same with GW2, took not even 30 minutes for a good player to get used to the combat of the game.
    Well I never said that WoW doesn't have some difficult fights. The fact that it's been here oh what, 10 years, doesn't mean it's the most skill intensive MMO out there. It is just the biggest crowd pleaser. I don't particularly pick and choose MMOs on this, but I very much doubt WoW or Wildstar will differ much in their difficulty curve.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

That Fatboss channel is so bad and horrible, they should not be creating videos. Their guides are so god damn long and just stupid mumbling about nothing when the mechanics for a spell could be mention in 8 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    That Fatboss channel is so bad and horrible, they should not be creating videos. Their guides are so god damn long and just stupid mumbling about nothing when the mechanics for a spell could be mention in 8 seconds.
    I and others like them, and get a lot out of them. If you don't your choice as a consumer is to go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaladhrun View Post
    Well I never said that WoW doesn't have some difficult fights. The fact that it's been here oh what, 10 years, doesn't mean it's the most skill intensive MMO out there. It is just the biggest crowd pleaser. I don't particularly pick and choose MMOs on this, but I very much doubt WoW or Wildstar will differ much in their difficulty curve.
    Well, we agree then, since I didn't claim WoW to be the most skill intensive or such dreck either. I just defend it and my own achievements in-game from trolls pretending like other mmos take more skill, feel more rewarding to play (personal level yes, for a fact no) and makes the players shit smell of roses. Hopefully others too can keep choosing their mmo on fun levels rather than how they believe it can grow their e-peen, because it only makes them look bad when they do.

All mmos are the same when it comes to combat. You move your hands and fingers, look at what's happening and react with the tools given by the game. Yeah, no one with a medium skill level and up should be having issues. Those with low skill and no motivation to improve will mess up no matter what game they play.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-06-07 at 11:06 PM.

CONGA CONGA CONGA!

Man I hope that conga hat works outside the garrison, or maybe a rare vanity item does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    CONGA CONGA CONGA!

Man I hope that conga hat works outside the garrison, or maybe a rare vanity item does.
    I had a silly grin on my face whilst watching the conga line. Fun thing to implement! Can't wait to start with my Garrison

Looks fun, and to those stating the wildstar is better. If i ever want to go play a comic book for kids i might go out and buy wildstar, but thats not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by alkyd View Post
    This is Alpha vesrisionino my friendino. So why don't you waitino until full versionino comes outino and then whinino about the game?
    You'd better let the rest of the internet know they aren't allowed to make opinions based on what they're seeing in the alpha because there are probably millions of people doing it right now and you need to put your foot down and let them know what's what.

I wonder if the people that constantly jump to the next new MMO, and then come back to persuade people to follow them before they all come back to WoW, get as tired to saying as I do of hearing it? It has become as old as the rehashed content they talk about.

This dungeon looks good, and will be a challege for as long as it needs to be to gear up. Then the challenge mode version

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andelormon View Post
    I wonder if the people that constantly jump to the next new MMO, and then come back to persuade people to follow them before they all come back to WoW, get as tired to saying as I do of hearing it? It has become as old as the rehashed content they talk about.

This dungeon looks good, and will be a challege for as long as it needs to be to gear up. Then the challenge mode version
    Precisely, and like every other MMO before, once they have seen everything and done everything, they will get bored with it and either move on or come back to the MMO they lambasted..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    "This (second) boss hits the tank really hard!"

100%

90%

80%

60%

100% from heal

90%

OH yea, man that was difficult. with those 4k aoe projectiles on a 60k hp target, man thats some tough stuff.
    With the changes to healing in WoD, making bosses hit really hard like this won't be feasible:

100%

1 health

100%

1 health

99%

Dead

Unless of course, Blizzard is intentionally designing boss encounters to be unbeatable aside from using hacks/exploits.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    With the changes to healing in WoD, making bosses hit really hard like this won't be feasible:

100%

1 health

100%

1 health

99%

Dead

Unless of course, Blizzard is intentionally designing boss encounters to be unbeatable aside from using hacks/exploits.
    Oh i am pretty sure it is possible to make the encounters even in dungeons a little more challenging. It doesn't help to overexaggerate in order to make a point.
    There's quite some room between 'hits for 5%-10% of hp' and 'hits for 99%' of hp.

edit: typo

Okay, that conga line nearly made me die irl. That was pretty damn funny

Deleted
    Looks fun ! Lets hope this will bring our guild back to life in december !!!!

new instance looks boring as hell.. same colour, same enemys.. wtf blizzard?
    and yes for sw and shut up cave peoples, you gain a free mount..

10+ Year Old Account
    That conga line video already makes me feel like this is going to be the best expansion yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I too get angry and confused when I'm questing through an ogre-controlled slag mine and the walls don't turn green and the lava doesn't turn blue and the ogres and slaves don't turn into robots and pizzas. Why doesn't Blizzard ever cater to my oddly specific attention span!
    Last edited by SteveZombie; 2014-06-08 at 12:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    and yes for sw and shut up cave peoples, you gain a free mount..
    So I spose you would rather that the dungeon was yellow with red polka dots and the mobs were killer bunnies, and the bosses were all Bambi on steroids.. /sarcasm

Really do not understand people getting so worked up over the look of a dungeon..