Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard rule not against ninjas

To clarify everybody hate ninjas. But as usual there is always rules to let it slide.

the general rule of blizzard internment is : Under master loot, no actions will be taken against the offenders.

So word of warning, never raid under master loot if you don't know the people.

Blizzard will not take any actions against it, and in essence promote the loot master ninjas.

This was confirmed by none the less 4 different GMs, when as they say " moral doesn't matter in some cases"

So be stress free and be careful of where and what you are putting yourself into.

Sources from difference realms, all over wow community

Peace

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, pretty much. This has been known for a long time. Be careful and get things in writing before starting a raid with people you don't know.

You are intentionally raiding under someone with full control over the loot.
    If you fail to understand and accept the consequences of that, then quite frankly you are an idiot.

Talk to them beforehand, and if they insist on master loot then that should be pretty obvious as to what the result could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Pretty much. If no one says a word, and someone mass ninjas everything, it's not against the rules. If you join a raid, say 'The loot will be fair rolls right?" And they say yes, then ninja? That's considered a scam, and they will act against it.

Rules are rules, it's your job to have them say what the loot rules are. If they say nothing is reserved and all is to be rolled on, and then later just snatch it for themselves, then a GM can do something. If you didn't get things in the raid chat, they cannot.
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    It's because of that thing you did that one time. We know. (source)

Deleted
    if ANYONE other than the masterlooter states the loot rules, then do not join the run unless you know the people running it.
    if the Masterlooter announces loot rules then breaks them, then blizzard will take action, if anyone else does, then its tough luck I am afraid.

We've known this for nearly 10 years now.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought this topic was covered like 10 years ago.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Get them to say the loot rules in /raid. Once they have done that then you are protected. Nothing else to be added to this thread sadly. This isn't news and its pretty easily avoided / fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Some players haven't been playing for 10 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, yeah?

It's common. Normally you have a starter group with ML if mostly. Or you have the planning person with ML. Group loot as well can be quite bad as there can be needed on things.

Really, the only safety is if the ML is a trusted person or fair.

But it is old news really, another reason to raid with people you know.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    what_year_is_it.jpg
    timetravel!
    :]

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-06-07 at 10:23 PM.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask up front, before the raid starts, how loot will work. Once the RAID LEADER (and only the RL) states their loot rules, those loot rules have to be honored - and Blizzard will punish/penalize people who do not honor them.

Example time! There was a PuG for TK back in Wrath, basically a mount farming run for Ashes, and the guy forming the raid said mount was open roll... well he master looted before they pulled KT, and sure enough the Ashes dropped. He ignored everyone's rolls, ML'd it to himself, left group and logged.

People put in tickets and not only was he banned for several days, the mount was taken from him and given to the person who had the highest roll. This idiot then server transferred, but it followed him there (what he did I mean) and yeah, he was promptly kicked out of the guild he joined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleoseven23 View Post
    Blizzard will not take any actions against it, and in essence promote the loot master ninjas.
    Stop whining. They don't condone ninja looting, but as pretty much EVERYONE here has said, they won't act unless rules have been clearly defined.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    it has been said for years by Blizzard, that they can and only will act.
    if before hand a couple of rules have been established and posted ingame chat ( since they can check the chat logs for that too confirm it ) and if the master looter breaks them, they can act agianst it.
    if no loot rules we're stated before hand or only on a voice chat, then they can't act if a ninja loot action has occurred.

always make sure too have the loot rules stated before hand in raid chat, or accept the fact that the master looter can just take what ever he/she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ask up front, before the raid starts, how loot will work. Once the RAID LEADER (and only the RL) states their loot rules, those loot rules have to be honored - and Blizzard will punish/penalize people who do not honor them.
    That's how I remember it working as well although the last time I had something like that occur is really long ago.

One reason LFR is hated the most ----> cannot ninja loot. cannot abuse the kick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even notice this.

Not true, at all. They're not promoting "be a ninja". They're not, however, responsible for you being scammed by someone because you joined a group with someone who was a master looter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I didn't even notice this.

Not true, at all. They're not promoting "be a ninja". They're not, however, responsible for you being scammed by someone because you joined a group with someone who was a master looter.
    Indeed, they don't promote ninja looting at all. It is a nature of the players. Just like people wanting the old LFR looting system back, there was hundreds of ninja looters in that system.

We learn to take responsibility with selection of raids. Masterlooter isn't bad but it isn't good either if given to some dodgy person whom doesn't really hold much trust. And I take it was an item needed from the first loot drop? (If it had continued, it would have been your own responsibility to leave or stay). Some people sadly like to be the douches and steal from others.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify everybody hate ninjas. But as usual there is always rules to let it slide.

the general rule of blizzard internment is : Under master loot, no actions will be taken against the offenders.
    And this is why personal loot should be on all difficulties.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well yeah, pretty much. This has been known for a long time. Be careful and get things in writing before starting a raid with people you don't know.
    Ive seen cases where even this didnt mater to a GM. Even loot rules set up as strict and detailed like the ones the gold carrying PuG community had set up. Personally though after WotLK I havent heard much cases of "loot scamming". While I can see reason for such cases to go up with cross realm systems it at least to my knowledge hasnt been as bad as the times of WotLK. At least correlation wise there seems to be less scamming the more teamwork is involved in content. Prior to WotLK on my server most loot scamming was by a guild or two which was known to be filled with the scummy but skilled players of the server, you know the actual jerks that make the majority of raiders look bad. Then WotLK came and most loot scammers was lazy dbags that needed a carry and set those absurd GS requirements. Made the prior scumbag filled guilds look a bit justified in their actions because at least they could make use of the gear and did the carrying. Overall PuG quality went up greatly on my server in Cata as most of those scammers would have been replaced especially with the focus on ten mans even if 25 was easier.

I am looking forward to the steps being made for PuGing including a personal loot option. Scammers almost killed PuGing on my realm in WotLK until Blizzard stepped in for a few months, but Blizzard slacked off again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh you mean the one where group based content involves teamwork and if you dont like it then dont do it?
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2014-06-07 at 11:00 PM.