Poll: In Your Opinion, What is the Best Designed Class?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    Monks by far. Their current design and fluidity is what Blizzard wants other classes to feel like.
    Monks feel like a jumble of non-coherent ideas (in terms of what their abilities do) thrown together to make rogues and ferals feel shitty.

It's damn blatant that Blizzard put by far the most effort into the Warlock class design in MoP than they've put into any class ever.

Mages in WoD seem to be a contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You've almost exactly listed classes by the number of roles they do, rather than how the specs they have vary.
    Because there is vrtually no variation on e.g the 3 Rogue specs..

Besides, DKs and Warriors have 2 roles, but still fall in the worst category, and shaman have the same amount of roles as Monk/Paladin, but is still better design (as per my explanation), so it's in no way limited to the roles they perform.. But it IS a vital part..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Monk. The objectively correct answer is clearly either Warlock or Monk. Their specs and rotations feel unique, which is a feat considering how alike all the classes are those days.

A couple of observations :
    -Monks feel very bloated as far as utility skills goes, and I hate that, but their main rotations are outstanding. Hopefully they remove a few abilities in WoD.
    -Druids are pretty alright, but I think Bear and Cat could use work to differentiate them from prot Warrior/Rogue.
    -I REALLY like the cooldown abilities for Mages. They mostly all fit very nicely with the Mage theme, in particular Mirror Images and Time Warp. I hope they do more themed cooldowns instead of just "+30% damage for 30 seconds buff/debuff", which most cooldowns are right now.
    -Protection Warriors get gutted depth expansion after expansion and are so diluted and homogenized now. They had good things going in the past and all that's needed is to see those back. ie : Rend + Thunder Clap combo, single-target only Revenge, on-next-swing Heroic Strike.
    -Blood DKs are up there in terms of active mitigation, but the rotation could use a little work. Big fan of Blood Tap, however.
    -All other classes need work. In particular Paladins. Paladins have had how many revamps, 3 or more? And their design is still dreadful. That class is unplayable and just a bad copy of already existing classes in terms of rotations/uniqueness. Disgusting.
    Last edited by Synbios; 2014-06-09 at 05:05 AM.

Can people explain to me why they voted warrior? I play as one, and they are by far not at the top of the list. Each patch, they are either underpowered or overpowered, and we have very little defenses as well.

Btw, I voted druid, felt like Blizz did a good job with balancing the specs

Monk or Warlock. DK's come close.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Monks feel like a jumble of non-coherent ideas (in terms of what their abilities do) thrown together to make rogues and ferals feel shitty.
    You've obviously never played a monk or just feel butthurt about them. Probably the latter, poor baby. Show us on the doll where the bad monk touched you.

They are a ridiculously well designed class.

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted hunter, but I am not sure it's a good vote.

It's pretty much based on which class I have enjoyed playing the little I have been on this expansion. It has it flaws, but so do the rest of the classes aswell.

My main is a druid, and will continue to be so I believe. Just not been very happy about it this expansion, which is a reason why I haven't been much on.

Deleted
    Warlock is the only pure which feels like each spec has real identity, it's not my favourite class though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Warlocks in MoP, the whole class feel very polished, all the three spec are different from each other and are viable in pve.
    This /10chars

warlock, each spec feels like a different class

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Oh god... 2 people find paladins best designed? xD
    We have a pretty large toolset, to be perfectly honest, and there's really nothing wrong with our actual combat mechanics except Inquisition which is going away in WoD. No matter what alts I roll I always come back to my pally in the end.

I think that the cooldown on Speed of Light ould come down to be more in-line with the mobility of other classes, but as far as MECHANICS go for DPS and tanking we're top notch. Can't speak on Holy though.

Monk. Love all 3 specs.

I would say Mage has the worst design. The class is just called Mage and that should open up to lots of different amazing ideas to make the specs totally different and not feel anything like each other. Frost and Fire should had been an Elemental spec instead and Arcane should had been more about altering of time/teleportation/manipulation etc, and then they could easily come up with a different third unique spec.
    Mage in the name got huge potential, but that potential is neglected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bæmøsauku View Post
    Monk. Love all 3 specs.

I would say Mage has the worst design. The class is just called Mage and that should open up to lots of different amazing ideas to make the specs totally different and not feel anything like each other. Frost and Fire should had been an Elemental spec instead and Arcane should had been more about altering of time/teleportation/manipulation etc, and then they could easily come up with a different third unique spec.
    Mage in the name got huge potential, but that potential is neglected.
    Hey you. Get out of my head parts. Uh...ditto^

Personally, if it's not a hybrid class then it already has a strike against it. I need flexibility and pures just don't cut the cheesecake.

If I had to pick one spec to rule them all...Windwalker atm. I am anxious to get my hand on the retooled Mistweaver spec, though, in WoD. On paper, I like what I see.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    - DK, Warrior, Hunter, Mage, Warlock, Rogue are all clearly at the bottom: All these classes virtually ignores specs. It's just minor variation..
    Warlock specs are just a minor variation? Listing them together with Hunters, Mages and Rogues after their revamp seems VERY odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    If I had to pick one spec to rule them all...Windwalker atm. I am anxious to get my hand on the retooled Mistweaver spec, though, in WoD. On paper, I like what I see.
    Same here. Windwalker is number one for me in game at moment. But looking forward to trying Mistweaver again in WoD. Was Mistweaver when leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotodadyo View Post
    Literally one 2 main differences. BM as another CD and explosive shot procs. Focus fire and black arrow too I guess.

They have way too many similarities for them to feel unique Even Blizzard acknowledged the fact that all 3 hunter specs feel the same as to why they are fixing that for WoD.
    Although I can sympathize with wanting each spec to have it's own set of unique buttons with every other spec... that would mean that there are no specs at all, and instead would be 33 distinct classes with only gear and resources similar. All specs don't need their own set of buttons, whenever you respec it would be like learning the class all over again. Similarities between specs makes the adjustment to them easier and more intuitive (for people who don't want to research how to play a class online, and by all rights they shouldn't have to.)

Secondly, those two abilities (and Beastial Wrath you have left out) change some of the fundamentals of the class while still appearing similar. On the surface the specs look the same, in play they work differently and require a totally different playstyle to do correctly... that's good design. It lets people jump right into the class without knowing anything, and rewards those who actually do know something (easy to play, difficult to master... though I would venture to say that the Hunter is not, by any means, very difficult.)

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Worst Design:
    - Hunter: the specs are fairly similar and they have very low dps potential. 100% dps while moving reduces the gap between a good player and a bad one.
    Anyone who says hunters have "very low dps potential" is uninformed. Simple as that. I have never seen anyone, pug or heroic, who our star hunter could not compete with or outclass entirely, even when he had pieces from previous tier in current tier. But he's been playing that same hunter since we started raiding in MC without variation (save for specing for mechanical and design advantages.)

As I said: Anyone can pick up a hunter and do decent dps, but those who master it are rewarded. That's good design. All classes shouldn't be supremely difficult to even play decently... there has to be something that the mediocre players can use and not by abysmally bad. If you design a game only for the elite-skilled then it will not be successful... it will be famous, but not exactly fun (I'm looking at you Ninja Gaiden.)
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    This poll seems curious to me: I think in the original WoW both priests and rogues could be easily in the firsts positions of best designed classes.