Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so blizz are moving shaman weapon imbues

as a shaman player i do really like the imbues , i just hope they put somewthing much better in its place

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they just need to revise Unleashed Fury really heavily. Remove it, or make it a lot stronger. It feels lackluster now that we've lost half of our imbues and the rest are spec-specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpioz View Post
    as a shaman player i do really like the imbues , i just hope they put somewthing much better in its place
    The imbues aren't going anywhere, they're just passive now. Less buttons on the action bars.

IMO Imbues should have just worked like stances/presences...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Does anyone use the Unleashed Elements for Resto or Ele?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    The imbues aren't going anywhere, they're just passive now. Less buttons on the action bars.
    Blue post: Not really something that we need to clutter up the spellbook with. So, for Resto and Elemental, we decided to remove those effects entirely (and compensate for that when we start numbers tuning).

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    Blue post: Not really something that we need to clutter up the spellbook with. So, for Resto and Elemental, we decided to remove those effects entirely (and compensate for that when we start numbers tuning).
    Is there really a difference between elemental getting 7% more damage through a passive, and just doing 7% more damage naturally?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    This entirely. Imbues were one of the best things about shamans (especially enh shamans), and gave off that "Oooh I'm a shaman" feel. Now that its just becoming an always-on passive, it's kind of like "where'd the flavor go?"

If anything they should've made it like Rogue poisons, you just hit the button once and you're good to go (again, stances). They should've also found a way to make each imbue have some value for every spec, instead of relegating them to "enh uses WF, ele uses FT, resto uses EW".

Quote Originally Posted by Morkstall View Post
    Resto yes. Ele no.

I personally don't like the spell at all I hope they remove it or make it more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morkstall View Post
    Yes. At higher gear levels it is competitive because it is instant, and because once you start hitting the 50 percent "soft-ish" haste cap the bonus haste can be kind of wasted. (eg: it only improves ST damage through faster lightning bolt, not MT damage) Ditto mastery as you close on the 100 percent hard cap. So, while those are some-but-not-all of the procs from EB, they do devalue it compared to UE. (Plus, they are tuned to deliver around the same DPS anyway.)

I thought imbues for Elemental and Resto were being deleted and they were going to make up the difference with Spell power. Enhance was going to get a combo imbue of Whirlwind and flametongue.

I love the elemental spec, I hope it is competitive in WoD.

I am bummed about lightning bolt being not being cast-able while moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I thought imbues for Elemental and Resto were being deleted and they were going to make up the difference with Spell power. Enhance was going to get a combo imbue of Whirlwind and flametongue.

I love the elemental spec, I hope it is competitive in WoD.

I am bummed about lightning bolt being not being cast-able while moving.
    I will miss lightning bolt on the move too.

Watch this link for alpha info on Elemental: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13076717592

15+ Year Old Account
    They should just make them like DK weapon enchants, imho. Same with rogue poisons.

Sig by Isilrien

Wouldn't really have worked because of enhancement using windfury and flametongue at the same time on two different weapons.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this IMO.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Frankly I wish they'd redesign Windfury. It's the core mechanic of Enh and it's COMPLETELY PASSIVE.

Well at least no more "press this button every hour".

Now only my Rogue has that nuisance :S

Which is just as well for Elemental because they were so lame I often forgot to even use them. For Resto they were okay, though they were nothing but a passive HoT you got for healing you were going to do anyway so I can see why the trim.

- - - Updated - - -

Which also are not long for this world IMO, especially stances with only one available option. It's a button you press once and never have to look at again. "Yes I would like to play my character, check".

IMO either make imbues a gameplay element you actually interact with in a meaningful way, or scrap them. Guess they chose the latter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

There goes the double wf idea especially with that icd removal.

Yea its what this guy said. A lot of you guys need to sit back reread stuff and maybe even ask around before coming to conclusions this early in alpha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    There goes the double wf idea especially with that icd removal.
    I doubt they were ever going to go in that direction. They like how Ft on offhand works and they didnt want enhance to be all about oh look lucky windfury procs= i win.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They should just make them like DK weapon enchants, imho. Same with rogue poisons.
    Except Dks dont use any other weapon enchants because those weapon enchants are basically free weapon enchants. While posions and imbues are not "enchants"

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by stomination; 2014-06-13 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I think they just need to revise Unleashed Fury really heavily. Remove it, or make it a lot stronger. It feels lackluster now that we've lost half of our imbues and the rest are spec-specific.
    This and Unleashed fury seems too passive, although it is good. Its noodle damage and make your abilities better. From a pvp perspective I like the stance dance it gives rockbiter option; damage reduction at a cost of extra dps. Even though it is another button the press

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if they removed the global cooldown from imbues, I'm sure they would've been switched a lot more. Unleash Elements also needs to have its global cooldown removed and if it did you'd see a lot more use of it as Elemental or even Restoration to a point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    This and Unleashed fury seems too passive, although it is good. Its noodle damage and make your abilities better. From a pvp perspective I like the stance dance it gives rockbiter option; damage reduction at a cost of extra dps. Even though it is another button the press
    Switching to Rockbiter and Unleashing was one of those niches of the Shaman that could differentiate between a good and a bad one because of how clutch the extra damage reduction was.