Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    He's busy 1v1'ing everyone's beloved Business <Prime> here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...7508689?page=1
    Business is quite infamous for stuff.. Ya' know.

Anyhow, nice thread Azor, although about GT/Pre-pot; "I picked the simpler/easier-to-execute option." - Taking the easy way? How can you expect to rank 1 with that attitude /gasp!

Should add this:

Q:How do I do 1m DPS opener as SV?

Sacrifice 5 kittens every hour before raid and a puppy every time your raid leader initiates a pull timer.

I was being sarcastic, nobody likes Business.

And I've managed, somehow! The problem is that just as Stampede/everything expires from that opener, that's when you're doing the lowest damage you'll be doing for the fight, generally, you're not missing out on a whole lot of damage by not having another 1 second of pot uptime.

I'm not saying you -shouldn't- do it. I just don't do it, but I've updated the openers in the OP to cover the "best" way.

I was being sarcastic, nobody likes Business.

And I've managed, somehow! The problem is that just as Stampede/everything expires from that opener, that's when you're doing the lowest damage you'll be doing for the fight, generally, you're not missing out on a whole lot of damage by not having another 1 second of pot uptime.

I'm not saying you -shouldn't- do it. I just don't do it, but I've updated the openers in the OP to cover the "best" way.
    If that's how it is, a padding faggot like me will beat you in no time. =]

41 ranks to go man.

41 ranks to go man.
    I love the fact that you checked my rank, just to be sure. ^_^ Anyhow, enough of me derailing the thread.

It's better than Business, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I'm gonna join in the berating.

Any reason why you would want BS over AMOC as SV on Protectors?
    i started using bs over amoc on protectors a couple months ago. its become such an aoe fest throughout the whole fight, especially at this point with multiple transition phases happening at the same time. its become pretty difficult to get a definite 30 second window for it outside of the opener.

tbh it's impossible to get a full 30 seconds on the opener unless you put it on the target you're not targeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    tbh it's impossible to get a full 30 seconds on the opener unless you put it on the target you're not targeting.
    You must realise that some people using this info does not have the high ilvl's that you guys have, and therefore will get the full 30secs worth.
    In my guild we do not kill anything within 30 secs, so I use AMoC in my opener on Rook and then save it for the Anguish add. The third time I use it on Rook again even before the Anguish add comes since my Stampede is ready for the add. I know it is not ideal but it helps, cause sometimes (ok most of the times) the guildies have difficulty in understanding what to attack at what stage of the fight, and when not to stand where.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job Azortharion /pat on back

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    In my guild we do not kill anything within 30 secs, so I use AMoC in my opener on Rook and then save it for the Anguish add. The third time I use it on Rook again even before the Anguish add comes since my Stampede is ready for the add. I know it is not ideal but it helps, cause sometimes (ok most of the times) the guildies have difficulty in understanding what to attack at what stage of the fight, and when not to stand where.
    Having AMoC as an extra DPS cooldown when required vs Blink Strikes for consistent damage and higher overall DPS is a whole different discussion and I believe the point of this thread is just for optimal DPS choices, not advanced strats/tactics based on specific raid groups.

The problem I find with AMoC on Protectors is as others have said you often don't have the chance to cast AMoC on cooldown on your primary target, and even if you do cast it on a secondary target to get full duration out of it, that target may not be fully debuffed depending on your comp in which case it's going to be significantly worse to use AMoC.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2014-06-09 at 12:58 AM.

There is no specific target group for the thread, a lot of the points in the OP can largely depend on whatever your situation might be with a lot of varying factors. In the case of the talent choices, it's more of a general recommendation and in most of the cases, the optimal DPS solution is not really any less convenient than the underdog.

In the case of AMOC/BS on a fight like Protectors, there is not really anything you need to get down ASAP (other than Gloom, maybe, but it's kinda nonsensical to use Crows on that unless this was like bleeding edge progression).

This top parse for SV on Protectors used Crows on He in the opener (otherwise opening on Rook), and later on Sun after she leaves her second Measures phase. http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=131894

A lot of people do not have sub 4-min killtimes on this boss, though, so they'd be forced to use it mid-fight and I'm not sure how many openings there are for that - maybe when Sun comes out of her first Measures phase.
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2014-06-09 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    amoc is a waste of focus during your opener for survival, on protectors also a lot of target switching and pet movement which makes blink strikes better, I use bs on protectors, but use amoc on dark shamans.

The only fights I use blink strikes as survival are immerseus, protectors, galakras, and spoils. Everything else I use amoc, I also use fervor on most single target fights or fights with little aoe, like garrosh and sha of pride.

Fights I use fervor:
    Norushen
    sha of pride
    iron jug
    nazgrim
    malkorak
    siegecrafter
    paragons
    garrosh

fights I use thrill of the hunt:
    Immerseus
    protectors
    galakras
    shamans
    spoils
    thok
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2014-06-09 at 01:21 AM.

A lot of people do not have sub 4-min killtimes on this boss, though, so they'd be forced to use it mid-fight and I'm not sure how many openings there are for that - maybe when Sun comes out of her first Measures phase.
    Part of AMoC being good is that the second use more often than not lines up with second Dextrous proc so if you have to delay it to use it properly then you're going to lose DPS from that. Also as KTB said AMoC is really a waste of focus in the opener compared to the damage that you could get by using that focus on Multi-shot with all procs/cds active.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me, I am noob, but I have to ask, wouldnt it be better for SV to just put your pet on passive and forget about it during the fight, like with Nazgrim?
    I mean, my petattack is in with stampede, so I basically pop it on Rook and forget about my pet for the rest of the fight.

There is minimal movement during the fight so no real dps loss from your pet, and the dps the pet gives for sv is not really in bursts but more constant dmg over time, so it wont make or break pushing a add or one of the bosses to the next phase. Or do I have the cat by the balls again?

Also did I miss something here? Why would you want to use multishot during your opener? Do you use another strat? We normally have them apart for rooks phase, but push He and She together into their phases.
    Last edited by GoKs; 2014-06-09 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Forgive me, I am noob, but I have to ask, wouldnt it be better for SV to just put your pet on passive and forget about it during the fight, like with Nazgrim?
    I mean, my petattack is in with stampede, so I basically pop it on Rook and forget about my pet for the rest of the fight.

There is minimal movement during the fight so no real dps loss from your pet, and the dps the pet gives for sv is not really in bursts but more constant dmg over time, so it wont make or break pushing a add or one of the bosses to the next phase. Or do I have the cat by the balls again?
    Depending on your comp some targets might be missing debuffs (armor/physical damage) so if you just leave your pet on them then you're just losing damage for no reason. As far as target swapping goes for protectors, killing the transition adds faster will make the fight go faster which will give you more DPS, even though SV pets don't do as much damage as BM pets they are still part of your damage so you should be using it optimally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Depending on your comp some targets might be missing debuffs (armor/physical damage) so if you just leave your pet on them then you're just losing damage for no reason. As far as target swapping goes for protectors, killing the transition adds faster will make the fight go faster which will give you more DPS, even though SV pets don't do as much damage as BM pets they are still part of your damage so you should be using it optimally.
    Ah thanks. Will try BS next time I get to that fight. Took a bit of a break from wow for a while, but starting to miss it lol.
    Sorry if the questions seems noobish, but better to ask right?

It depends on your guild's strat as well. We just cleave all three of them together but focus on transitioning Rook and Sun first. In this case I use AMoC on He and still have full uptime.

Deleted
    Just so you know, AMoC keeps doing dmg to immerseus even when he is submerged

So AMoC > BS?
    Last edited by mmoc8560aac4c0; 2014-06-09 at 08:58 AM.