Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tavalus View Post
    It's the combination of camo+flare+FFeffect that makes it too strong imo. Also, from what I've noticed (and I may be mistaken and it could have been for some other weird reason) there's times you can't even disarm hunter traps that has something to do with camo - you don't get the cogwheel to even attempt it.
    Well that won't matter soon. We're losing Disarm Trap after all.

Yeah I hate going into a match and seeing a hunter, I usually just end up having my partner go open on them to break it, that opening sometimes is just to big to lose. I do enjoy seeing bad hunters panic against a rogue and forcing that double Deterrence and still having all our cds up.

Hunters are total bullshit and a hard counter to rogues, and their playerbase are so retarded that most of them believe that rogues have the upperhand because they "forget" to drop a flare and use camo.

Cool it with the class attacks. -kael

In general pvp, you can get an opener just by spamming cheapshot. Obviously you cant sap camo so that's out (it was always easy to sap in flare and wait for it to end in past expansions). It's not that reliable though since you have to approach from behind with shadow walk otherwise the hunter will detect you with his bullshit 10 mile stealth detection.

In arena it's not worth going for risky openers. If you play with a priest, have them stealth and fear the hunter out of the flare. Or better yet, pick another targett and put the hunter in CC (99% of hunters will trinket the first CC that lands on them no matter what it is).
    Last edited by Kael; 2014-06-15 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolpve View Post
    Hunters are total bullshit and a hard counter to rogues, and their playerbase are so retarded that most of them believe that rogues have the upperhand because they "forget" to drop a flare and use camo.

In general pvp, you can get an opener just by spamming cheapshot. Obviously you cant sap camo so that's out (it was always easy to sap in flare and wait for it to end in past expansions). It's not that reliable though since you have to approach from behind with shadow walk otherwise the hunter will detect you with his bullshit 10 mile stealth detection.

In arena it's not worth going for risky openers. If you play with a priest, have them stealth and fear the hunter out of the flare. Or better yet, pick another targett and put the hunter in CC (99% of hunters will trinket the first CC that lands on them no matter what it is).
    1. Have partner aoe poke hunter to drop camo
    2. wait 8 seconds for combat to drop.
    3 open on hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    1. Have partner aoe poke hunter to drop camo
    2. wait 8 seconds for combat to drop.
    3 open on hunter.
    You need to find the hunter (glyphed camo) and if he doesn't have a flare down you can only guess and hope his 10 mile stealth detection doesn't catch you first. A good hunter will save flare and put it on the rogue when rooted to prevent vanish.

Generally if a hunter team does not completely negate a rogue team's opener it is because the hunter is terrible for the reasons I already gave.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You can't sap a camoed hunter.
    Stealth vs stealth, the rogue wins any contest. But rogue vs hunter, the hunter has many advantages.

p.s.
    Are there Ferals in pvp? Do they hate hunters too?
    They match up far better against hunter then rogues do imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Camo flare is pretty fackin cheese for a rogue to fight aganist 1v1, bu what can you do, doesn't mean fight is lost.
    And ferals make pretty much any class cry

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Disarm trap is still being removed right?
    Going to be even worse after that happens.
    I dont even get why they are removing disarm trap. You dont even need it on your bars. I just click the trap itself.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

think you can sprint, jump and open him, but cant sap him. basic wow mechanic, the game thinks you are at the last place you were on the ground, so you dont get revealed untill you fall on the ground

7+ Year Old Account
    I find that if I think about the flare too much, and concentrate on trying to get re-stealth, that I lose. Where as if I just accept that hes going to flare tag me all game Ill just fight him without stealth and adjust my play style. I don't think twice when I see Hunter now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    think you can sprint, jump and open him, but cant sap him. basic wow mechanic, the game thinks you are at the last place you were on the ground, so you dont get revealed untill you fall on the ground

And Feindy hits the nail on the head. Opening on a hunter who is flare camping is just this. This is a tactic that was started back in Vanilla. I use it all the time on my rogue when I fight hunters.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    lots of new rogues in here, i assume

you can sprint / BoS at the flare and jump over it, the game will not reveal you until you touch the ground
    ill probably be infracted for this post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    And Feindy hits the nail on the head. Opening on a hunter who is flare camping is just this. This is a tactic that was started back in Vanilla. I use it all the time on my rogue when I fight hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

you can sprint / BoS at the flare and jump over it, the game will not reveal you until you touch the ground

Did not know this but it explains why sometimes I get the opener and other times why I don't. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Disarm trap is still being removed right?
    Going to be even worse after that happens.
    Lol what, disarm trap is being removed? Why not just put a CD on it..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post

This doesn't always work depending on latency.
    And it will be completely useless in WoD when the hunter can just stand on a trap and you can't disarm it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Lol what, disarm trap is being removed? Why not just put a CD on it..
    It was one of the main abilities we lost for "ability pruning".
    The reasons for its removal have still yet to be explained AFAIK, I've tweeted celestalon and Holinka about it a couple times but have yet to get and answer.