Favorite Raid, Favorite Dungeon?

The title says it all. Which is your favorite Raid and Dungeon? Give a brief explanation of why! Maybe someone will give you a good reason to re-visit some worthwhile old content.

Favorite Raid - Karazhan - Because it's one of the only raids that feels to me like a real space that you can move around in and explore, instead of just a series of neat-looking but arbitrary big rooms with big bad guys. Loads of lore, excellent encounter design and diversity, and the most immersive raid zone, for my money's worth.

Favorite Dungeon - Ahn'Kahet - The Old Kingdom - Because it's the most visually striking zone in the game for me. There's such depth to the space inside here; so many intriguing things out beyond your reach that make the Nerubian underworld feel like such a huge and mysterious place that you're barely scraping the surface of.
    Last edited by JJShadoe; 2014-06-10 at 02:50 PM.

Couple different favorites for each section.

Raid: SwP. The reason it's my favorite is wiping to M'uru countless times is enough nostalgia for me. The real reason is the entire raid felt right.
    Raid: Ulduar. Who doesn't love Ulduar (or Mimiron)? Everything from the lore to artwork to raid mechanics and hard modes. Plus Val'anyr is sexy.
    Raid: ZA. I liked the idea of "exploration in the jungle," even though that doesn't sound right.
    Raid: Naxxramas. Many memories in the old and new one. Healing Loatheb back in the original one was... interesting.

Dungeon: Nexus. First going into the instance, the artwork and rune style looked amazing.
    Dungeon: DK & Gundrak. Both were great. Has a nice northern jungle feel.
    Dungeon: Forge of Souls. The dark metal/rustic looked is a favorite of mine.
    Dungeon: Utgarde Keep & Pinnacle. I'm a viking fan.

There's plenty of other ones I like or dislike, but mostly because of memories.

I've only recently discovered that the new ZG is my favourite dungeon; on a new-ish alt (530 ish, pvp/pvpe cheapskate mix), the difficulty is just tuned so it's not a faceroll, but it's not impossible. There's little fun stuff like the master chef, there's the cauldrons, some nice loot, rare mounts.
    I think the beauty and depth was often ruined a bit in Cata by the initial difficulty, since I never managed to get into cata raids until LFR.
    Green! Funny gimmicks! Good difficulty! Mounts!
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan or Ulduar.

ICC as a close second.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    raid: Throne of Thunder
    dungeon: i guess it is more of a set but i liked the LK set of dungeons that lead up to the ICC.

7+ Year Old Account
    Throne of Thunder, just for Lei shen, I have no idea why I like him so much, he just seems awesome to me. As for dungeons? Utgarde keep and Utgarde Pinnacle, i love viking related stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon: Blackfathom Deeps (Has been renewed on my list after seeing the update to come), Maraudon (specially at the waterfall), Shadowfang Keep.

Raid: Karazhan, Ulduar and Throne of Thunder
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon - Pit of Saron

Raid - I've never raided

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazhan is my favourite raid.

It's very hard for me to pick a favourite five-man. Shadowfang Keep or Scarlet Monastery maybe? There are so many I'm fond of.

Edit: Original Stratholme, dead side.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-06-10 at 06:25 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Favourite Raid: Throne of Thunder

Favourite Dungeons: Pit of Saron, Forge of Souls, Well of Eternity, Vortex Pinnacle.

Favorite raid: Icecrown Citadel (Love the boss fights, the lore, Arthas and the Scourge in general, the atmosphere, the way the raid has been lay out where you have a lot to choose, having an epic ending, some of the most funniest bosses in WoW like Putricide and his ''children'')

Favorite dungeon: Stratholme (The first 5 man dungeon that felt huge and a little scary, see'ing a huge human city burning while overrun with the undead)

Favorite dungeon - BRD (the older version that could take hours to run and frequently had people getting lost). I loved the dwarven theme it had and how huge/epic it felt. It was always fun to get in one of those groups that went out of the way and did a full completion of the instance.

Favorite raid - Tie between Karazhan and Naxxramas (though I only did the level 80 version of Naxx in Wrath).

Loved plenty of others, but those are the first ones that come to mind when I think of favorite dungeon/raid. I liked the dungeons that were ridiculously long and huge, especially the ones that had multiple wings like Dire Maul or Maraudon. I haven't been a big fan of the "rush through it and burn everything and be done in 10 minutes" thing when it comes to dungeons.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-11 at 04:15 PM.

Favorite raid: Karazhan. It has a strikingly different atmosphere and layout, and bosses like the Chess event made it truly unique.

Favorite dungeon: Blackrock Depths. I just love massive dungeons that takes a long time to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Raid - Dragon soul.
    Dungeon - Vanilla Maraudon.

Here we go again

Raids:
    Karazhan - Funniest ever, no needs to explain! My favorite overall raid!
    Ulduar - its the best for me from a artwork perspective! I love it!
    ICC - best of the best in terms of lore and immersion, imo. I really felt I was going through the domains of LK to go face him! It seemed like I was there in person lol

5mans:
    Forge of Souls/Pit of Sauron/Halls of Reflection - these 3 fitted so well in lore, and it have very nice artwork too.
    Shattered Halls - invading an enemy fortress to reach its core and kill the enemy leader ... so fun! My favorite dungeon of all time!
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

Favorite Raid: Ulduar
    Favorite Dungeon: Well of Eternity

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raid : Sunwell
    Dung : Well Of Eternity