Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    No.

The dungeons are already quick and easy enough, if you want the gear or whatever from there then you have to put in the time - which IS part of the "challenge" alongside raw difficulty of something.

If you don't have 5 minutes to spare, then you'll have to wait until you do to get your transmog items, otherwise you might as well just have them on a vendor.
    Convenience isn't always what's best for the game.
    Having them on a vendor implies you can pay gold or that they might be free. If they allow ground mounts in old instances players are still doing the content just saving 5 minutes which seem reasonable to me.
    Last edited by Deviant; 2014-06-10 at 06:32 PM.

No we don't need mounts in the older dungeons, maybe at most a 40-60% walk speed boost at the end to turn in dungeon quests, but just to farm the place, no way!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can mount in a few open dungeons such as ZA,ZF,ZG and few more probably.I don't see why you shouldn't.. It doesn't give you any advantage, people crying and saying no are just whiners.

No. You should only be able to mount if it makes sense or is appropriate. Like in ZA/ZG. Running around Scholomance on a mount would be ridiculous.

Just off the top of my head, I would say most dungeons in the game allow mounting where appropriate, and disable it where it is not.

If are too lazy / don't have enough time where running isn't fast enough and you need a ground mount in an old instance you should probably just stop playing now, stop being such a lazy whiner and grow up

what is best for you isnt best for me
    and for you guys arguing about logic, many dungeons have mobs mounted inside it, so, whats up?

I do not see the harm for it either... some dungeons are waaaay to long and take so much time to "run" it... its boring as hell to walk over it
    Don't make funny of me, If you don't understand what I said.
    I'm just a guy with poor studies, that don't have english as first language

You're playing an MMO(RPG), and the major allure of these games is the immersion, the feel of adventure and excitement. Sure, older instances are a joke even to those at the current level for them, and a non-issue for those higher, but allowing mounting would take a large section of the "feel" of the game.

You're meant to see armies, swarms of foes block your path as they protect their commanders. Allowing mounting not only largely bypasses that, but just makes an already fast MMO even faster. There are of course exceptions in-game currently like Zul'farak, but that feels like the outdoor zone, it's designed and made to feel like purely an extension of the zone you were just in.

Also, as a technical note, the Instancing Code probably out-right denies you that right, and Zul'farak and anywhere it's possible has been specifically made that way. Changing it would take time, and while it wouldn't be major, every minute they can put into Warlords the better. I'm super excited for the expansion, and I'd rather they focused on moving the game forward, then backwards.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2014-06-10 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    You're playing an MMO(RPG), and the major allure of these games is the immersion, the feel of adventure and excitement. Sure, older instances are a joke even to those at the current level for them, and a non-issue for those higher, but allowing mounting would take a large section of the "feel" of the game.

You're meant to see armies, swarms of foes block your path as they protect their commanders. Allowing mounting not only largely bypasses that, but just makes an already fast MMO even faster. There are of course exceptions in-game currently like Zul'farak, but that feels like the outdoor zone, it's designed and made to feel like purely an extension of the zone you were just in.

Also, as a technical note, the Instancing Code probably out-right denies you that right, and Zul'farak and anywhere it's possible has been specifically made that way. Changing it would take time, and while it wouldn't be major, every minute they can put into Warlords the better. I'm super excited for the expansion, and I'd rather they focused on moving the game forward, then backwards.
    No it doesn't if you can skip those mobs on a mount. Why can't you skip them while walking or stealthed? What's wrong with it being faster?