Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Time to change main... f*ckd up

This is bullshit.. i really enjoy playing my rogue wich i have had as main for a long time now and havent had a thought to change main until now.

So i have a weird work schedual wich narrows down the raiding guilds i can join alot. I have found a handful of guilds that meet my requirements
    so i can have 100% attendance. So since i know that i have to make a very good first impression i really took my time to make a good application and everything seems good.. but then..

Sorry our mele rooster are full at the moment and since meles are VERY BAD this expansion we are not recruiting them for now.
    You can try later for our WoD recruitment.

Please blizzard, fix the meles.. I really like my rogue but apparently they suck.. alot

So now im pretty much forced to gear up a new main if i want to raid.
    Have more ppl felt this or am i alone?

//mr crypost

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any forcing in any of your post. You voluntarily choose to play a game, in which you voluntarily want to take part in raiding, in which you voluntarily want to join this one particular guild, who are voluntarily turning you away because of an opinion that may or may not be true.

Either you want this guild and raid so much that you're prepared to do it, or you aren't in which case you don't. If you can't find a guild that fits your times then either make your own or evaluate whether you have time in your life to do this sort of thing.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't judge the entirety of melee classes due to one guild's biased view. Sure melee aren't exactly tearing down walls this expansion, but they're still just as good. Depends on the player.

For example, I suck as melee because I never stand behind the boss, always out of range of targets, so used to tab targeting and shitting on all my targets without having to move.

So just keep looking for another guild.

Keep fishing for a guild and someone will pick you up. Don't be too picky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find a different, better guild. Don't switch classes because one guild isn't recruiting melee right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmylol View Post
    This is bullshit.. i really enjoy playing my rogue wich i have had as main for a long time now and havent had a thought to change main until now.

So i have a weird work schedual wich narrows down the raiding guilds i can join alot. I have found a handful of guilds that meet my requirements
    so i can have 100% attendance. So since i know that i have to make a very good first impression i really took my time to make a good application and everything seems good.. but then..

Sorry our mele rooster are full at the moment and since meles are VERY BAD this expansion we are not recruiting them for now.
    You can try later for our WoD recruitment.

Please blizzard, fix the meles.. I really like my rogue but apparently they suck.. alot

So now im pretty much forced to gear up a new main if i want to raid.
    Have more ppl felt this or am i alone?

//mr crypost
    Well, the good news is ... they have. WoD contains a big pile of fixes that make melee much more compelling than they were in MoP. The bad news is that the guilds were right, and melee are just not amazing in MoP and will remain that way until 6.0 drops.

That said, you can definitely find guilds that are not such pains about this. Trying for a 25-person raid team also helps a lot. Good luck -- I am so sorry you have this problem.

I understand how you feel. Its major problem with this game being an MMO. You have to depend on other people to enjoy the best content in the game. You have to be lucky enough to find a guild where you fit in. You have to be able to get along with the people in the guild. You have to provide the guild with something they need that they can't get too easy from somewhere else.

I love playing my rogue too but i enjoy playing many of the classes in the game. I don't get into healing much except monk healing once in a while.

I would suggest you switch to monk. You can tank, dps and heal. They are a lot of fun. It sounds like you don't have a lot of time for leveling a lot of alts to be versatile.
    Druid sounds like it would be a great class for you to switch to also. Cat dps is a lot like sub rogue. You can tank, heal and range dps as a druid also.
    Versatility will make you more appealing to raid groups. Its a lot easier for decent healers and tanks to find raid groups.

You should also try OQue and open raid. It makes it a lot easier to find random pug groups to do flex and normal raids. I wouldn't expect to do heroic raiding unless you have a lot of time to dedicate to the game.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What everyone before me said is right (I am a GM of a raid guild currently). While melee do provide competitive dps they just cannot be used in a progression setting. A lot of the fights become much more difficult if you run with more than 2-3 melee. So its not that your class sucks. Just need to find a spot within a guild that has an opening for a melee raider.

We did N progression with 1 ranged DPS, and didn't have any problems. The start of Heroic Progression too.

If you're melee are good, and people know how to do mechanics, it's really not that hard- ranged just can be "easier".

Our raid's top DPS is a rogue. They're probably full on melee, just find another one. You can toss a rock and find ppl recruiting right now.

If you enjoy your rogue, find a guild that will allow you to use them. You'll find a group eventually.

Can't wait for your follow up "I switched main and have no legendary cloak so no one will take me" thread.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The hell last I heard rogues were still fucking amazing lol

your gonna main change due to one guild not accepting you? Seems like u put more effort in making this post then actually trying to join a raid team. Im sorry but rogues r pretty decent to have in raids, u actually were given a raid cd and do incredible single target damage. Most guild r always recruiting exceptional players. Try and log some pugs u do to show them that u know wat ur doing. U can always be a bench player. Wont get to raid 100% but will give u raid experience. U can pug H SoO all the time. ive pugged up to H malk on 2 dif alts.
    Gonna take some effort on ur part if u want to be in a decent guild. Dont know why ppl always blame their class.

Rogues are in great shape. You just have tough scheduling issues and a douchey guild.

Rogues are probably the most desirable melee class in the game right now.

Be thankful you don't play Ret Paladin!

Deleted
    Create an account on www.wordoflogs.com and log yourself in raids. Many guilds have an understanding of how WoL works and they can pretty much evaluate if you are the right material for them. Often gear doesn't matter if you know your stuff. If you are confident that you're a good rogue and can prove it on WoL, then guilds are even willing to gear you up (boost you) especially at this time. Summer is a difficult period for most guilds.

Wraith on illidan could possibly use a rogue if you have heroic exp. We are 12/14h. We raid tu wed from 8-12 est. Toss us an app at http://wraithillidan.enjin.com/

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...pe=damage-done

9:18 Heroic 25 Garrosh with plenty of melee.

You were applying to a shit guild with shit policies. You don't want to be in that guild anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Rogues are probably the most desirable melee class in the game right now.

Be thankful you don't play Ret Paladin!
    I do competitive damage as a Ret Paladin, actually. I'm always in top 5 damage done along with our rogue, enh shaman, SV hunter and feral druid.

Edit: Damage done. While we may have lower overall DPS, our crazy survivability (TV glyph, Unbreakable Spirit + Divine Protection, Selfless Healer, cancelaura Divine Shield) means we can have far more uptime and can just cooldown through stuff that other melee have to run out of or avoid.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2014-06-12 at 06:39 PM.