Aid me with some decision making coming back from a long WoW break.

Hey guys i decided to come back to world of warcraft from a 1 year+ break and i would like to start playing arenas/bgs again but i dont know which class i should focus on getting gear on etc.
    I have a hunter, rogue, warrior and a shaman and which one of these classes would you recommend to play in the current meta?

-snip-

Edited
    Last edited by quitefrankly; 2014-06-19 at 02:18 PM.

Have not been on MMO champion for 3+ years. Sorry mate

All classes are viable. Shaman the least I guess. Rogue, warr and hunter all are very much playable.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    All classes are viable. Shaman the least I guess. Rogue, warr and hunter all are very much playable.
    The hell they are. Not all classes are viable. I spent a lot of gold to get my warrior geared and i find 1 group a week if im lucky who will take a warrior. A class might be playable in pvp. but you can only play what people want.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    The hell they are. Not all classes are viable. I spent a lot of gold to get my warrior geared and i find 1 group a week if im lucky who will take a warrior. A class might be playable in pvp. but you can only play what people want.
    You must be in the dark pits of crap in the skill department then. Warrior is the easiest class to play correctly. Easiest to do damage. Hard to master just like any class but definitely a pvp contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Quote Originally Posted by tauntor View Post
    You must be in the dark pits of crap in the skill department then. Warrior is the easiest class to play correctly. Easiest to do damage. Hard to master just like any class but definitely a pvp contender.
    Yeah. That must be what it is. I just suck and people psychically know it. /sarcasm
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Yeah. That must be what it is. I just suck and people psychically know it. /sarcasm
    Maybe you have a bad reputation on your server? Maybe you have a hard time getting a group because others already have warrior friends? Maybe there are other reasons why you can't find groups?

Warriors are pretty good in PvP and they're fun to play, but I'd personally pick a hunter over warrior for PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    All classes are viable, pick one you enjoy, hf.

I don't know anything about the other classes, but I've been having a good bit of fun on my warrior. I'm in the same situation...came back from a one-year break.

I was SMF in item level 490 gear when I started, and I was getting shit all over when I did BGs. People said "LOLZ FREE KILL" when they saw the warrior who had 200k+ less HP than everyone else. Got the Grievous 2h weapon, went arms, and have slowly worked my way up to at least a full Grievous set with a couple pieces of Prideful. I am still somewhat laughable against someone in full Prideful, but it's more like a halfhearted chuckle now.

From what I've seen, arms is a lot of fun. I was pretty laughable as fury, but I don't know if that was more because of my low item level at the time or because of the fact that I was fury. Might try getting a couple of 1h PvP weapons or a second 2h weapon at some point and give it a try again.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-11 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrebosis View Post
    Hey guys i decided to come back to world of warcraft from a 1 year+ break and i would like to start playing arenas/bgs again but i dont know which class i should focus on getting gear on etc.
    I have a hunter, rogue, warrior and a shaman and which one of these classes would you recommend to play in the current meta?
    1. Your thread will be locked because of silly forum rules.
    2. First I say play what class you like, ultimately that comes out on top in the end even if one class is super OP.
    3. From what you have Hunter & Warrior are the easiest to pick up and do well. They're both extremely viable and have plenty of available comps.
    4. The shaman is a good bet if you just want to main one class because each spec is strong with Resto being arguably the best 3v3 healer in game, Ele being very good in 3v3.
    5. Anything works in Random BGs because they're random, but Hunter / Ele will be more self sufficient for solo play with Ele needing a teensy bit more babysitting in a random setting.
    6. All three classes have rank 1 viable options so please just play what you find fun.